• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Saiyan God Goku not Universal argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post from reddit going over Episodes 12 and 13 of Super and coming to the conclusion Elder Kai was wrong by saying that SSG Goku was universal. Anyone got a debunk?

@AppleLord

At the end of the episode the Narrator said Dyspo is capable of Faster than Light speeds...

We don't know how much faster max Dypso is compared to light. Fiction doesn't tend to use the MFTL scale like this site does, so "faster than light" can easily mean trillions of times FTL. Also that post is downright wrong.

Yeah, downplay. Trying to say that the statement means nothing. **** they expect the writers to do, actually destroy the universe? What, is Goku not even planet level-- never saw Frieza ACTUALLY destroy the planet, never saw Vegeta Actually destroy the planet with his Galick Gun, only a few rocks flew up. The only person who actually destroyed anything close to a planet is Piccolo. Cell is definitely not solar system level.

What is this, comic vine? I mean, I get it, we need definitive evidence for ratings and Dragon Ball relies more on statements and scaling. But come on. It was stated 3 separate times that the universe was going to be Destroyed if something wasn't done about it. Let's say **** author intent and statements, we can downgrade everything in fiction, can't we? I feel like we have to go with the reliable sources in the story first and foremost before throwing away statements. The Elder Kai and Narrator wouldn't lie. Like, **** is this downplay?!

Hell, isn't Superman moon level at best in terms of striking by their logic? Ignores plenty of statement-- never seen him Actually destroy a planet before.

from what I saw, the things of the punch'shocwave and the old kai are so ..... futile almost worse than "lol only a planet was destroyed"

Well no one can continue to say Frieza can't destroy a planet or that it wasn't shown in canon because DBS shows him destroy Planet Vegeta.

Ok. But ****** don't believe in powerscaling or logic, so, Goku is still Mountain level at best. Fax

It's hilarious. Apparently, Zack can hurt a FTL being like Bahamut Fury, despite that thing being able to react as fast as it can fly through space. He's still hitting it, despite being barely bullet level in combat speed. (Outlier!) They cry. I nod and think, "Maybe," before walking away, recognizing that applying outliers to everything downgrades hella verses. Like, dragon Ball has consistent crater level showings. No way are they even close to country level.

Amexim said:
Yeah, downplay. Trying to say that the statement means nothing. **** they expect the writers to do, actually destroy the universe? What, is Goku not even planet level-- never saw Frieza ACTUALLY destroy the planet, never saw Vegeta Actually destroy the planet with his Galick Gun, only a few rocks flew up. The only person who actually destroyed anything close to a planet is Piccolo. Cell is definitely not solar system level.
What is this, comic vine? I mean, I get it, we need definitive evidence for ratings and Dragon Ball relies more on statements and scaling. But come on. It was stated 3 separate times that the universe was going to be Destroyed if something wasn't done about it. Let's say **** author intent and statements, we can downgrade everything in fiction, can't we? I feel like we have to go with the reliable sources in the story first and foremost before throwing away statements. The Elder Kai and Narrator wouldn't lie. Like, **** is this downplay?!
Yhwach isn't planet level for the same reason. OVO

Theglassman12 said:
@apple unlike yhwach, Frieza and other beings have shown to blow up planets with ease.
That has nothing to do with:

• Goku and Beerus aren't Universal because the Universe wasn't destroy on panel.
  • Yhwach isn't Planet level because the planets weren't destroy on panel.

It doesn't matter whether characters destroyed something or not, authors intentions are sometimes clear about their power.However, in case of DB, it's debatable whether that feat is 3-A or low 2-C.Because it seems to me that one time-space continuum is not one universe in DB but the whole timeline.

Even though there's nothing to suggest that beerus and goku destroying the universe was a lie. When has Elder Kai lied or joked around to anyone?

The problem is, what destroying universe means for them?THe matter in the universe?Or whole time-space continuum.Also it seems like one time-space continuum in DB is actually one timeline not just one universe.

The feat is 3-A not Low 2-C because there was no indication that Time was going to be destroyed as well.

LordGriffin1000 said:
The feat is 3-A not Low 2-C because there was no indication that Time was going to be destroyed as well.

Elder Kai said that everything that will be left is an empty void, void is absence of any existence including time and space.However after seeing what TOEI thinks the world of void is (tournament place) we can conclude that statement is unreliable because TOEI staff or Toriyama have no idea of what the void is, in THE World Of Void there is time and space.So this proves that they were wrong.However the fact that blasts of Goku and Beerus reached afterlife, kai realm could be used as argument for making it low 2-C because their blasts affected other dimensions which would be Kai Realm and afterlife.Whch is where the debate stars, are they separate dimensions?Are universes in DB separate dimensions to begin with?I'd like to know answer on that question.

Reaching the afterlife doesn't mean they are Low 2-C, that was discussed and debunked countless of times.

@Dark649

You are probably right, if it was another dimension Goku wouldn't be able to go there with IT.So they are high 3-Am at that point.But what then puts Goku or Jiren on low 2-C?Because I don't see how shaking world of void can make them low 2-C.

Goku and Jiren did a High 3-A feat, they are Low 2-C because they are superior to Infinite Zamasu who became the universe and its space-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back