• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman VS Saitama • (0-1-0)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
I would kill to see this fight actually happen. Guys who primarily just punch people, get really strong, and resist basically everything in their respective universes. Both are also popular icons in the western and eastern divisions.

- - - - -

Superman, the Father of Superheroes

VS

Saitama, the Abominable Fist That Turned Against God

6Ft3T8H.png
FZSOux0.png

3-C Versions (Current Timeline Saitama - Rebirth Superman) • Speed Equalized • SBA

Superman:

Saitama: @Keeweed

Last edited:
Well let's see Ap wise Superman scales to baseline Galaxy Level I guess? (Scales to Vaporizing Half a Galaxy)

While Saitama thanks to the chart updates now is "almost nearly" Galaxy Level+

Oh, would it be better to use Post-Crisis? I used Rebirth since I thought it was the strongest version but Post-Crisis has more abilities? Is that a mistake, since I thought Rebirth was a merge of the continuities?

Well let's see Ap wise Superman scales to baseline Galaxy Level I guess? (Scales to Vaporizing Half a Galaxy)

While Saitama thanks to the chart updates now is "almost nearly" Galaxy Level+
I specifically used the weaker version who is not that far above baseline.

I was thinking about making Garou vs Superman like 20 minutes ago, lol. This one would probably be better though (also the last couple of threads have really soured my mode with Garou despite finding him to be very cool off site).

Both are practically equal in terms of AP. Saitama's 3-C stat is an extrapolation and it wouldn't be reasonable to assume above baseline.

As much as I wish Superman would win, I’ll vote saitama. He’ll eventually get stronger through the fight and every move Superman has beyond just punching is resisted. I’m not even sure if Superman is more skilled, Saitama can fight on par with Garou when they are both vaguely comparable to each other (though I don’t mean that in the sense of Garou being the most skilled thing ever, more so he’s got plenty of what I would consider realistically skillful feats like how many really skilled comic book characters have them.)

I'll count that. Yeah, I would say Saitama probably wins. If it turns into a pure fist fight, then Saitama is likely to outgrow Superman briefly. Though I'm debating changing this to Post-Crisis because that version has a few more abilities. I'm not sure why Rebirth doesn't have those if it's a merge.

I mean, I was basing my response more so on post crisis too. Both him and rebirth have stupidly little abilities (though rebirth should have pre crisis’s abilities if the comics really did merge them like I heard).

Superman would probably be a very fun fight for Saitama though, unlike Garou.

Rebirth Superman basically has everything that PC Superman has. His profile is just outdated.

Also Superman has quite a scaling chain above 3-C. Rebirth Superman > PC Superman > Hal Jordan > Driq. I think it's pretty reasonable that Superman would go and try knock out Saitama before Saitama starts to grow stronger. If Superman senses Saitama is on a similar level to him, I doubt he'd play around and go for the incap.

As well since Saitama doesn't open with martial arts, nor does his AD happen instantly and took a while before it started to kick in. I doubt Superman is gonna mess around and find it.

Rebirth Superman basically has everything that PC Superman has. His profile is just outdated.

Also Superman has quite a scaling chain above 3-C. Rebirth Superman > PC Superman > Hal Jordan > Driq. I think it's pretty reasonable that Superman would go and try knock out Saitama before Saitama starts to grow stronger. If Superman senses Saitama is on a similar level to him, I doubt he'd play around and go for the incap.

As well since Saitama doesn't open with martial arts, nor does his AD happen instantly and took a while before it started to kick in. I doubt Superman is gonna mess around and find it.
How exactly is he supposed to incapacitate Saitama? Saitama could take many many many strikes from Garou without really showing any signs of fatigue or being knocked out.

Saitama scales to 6x Baseline 3-C.

How exactly is he supposed to incapacitate Saitama? Saitama could take many many many strikes from Garou without really showing any signs of fatigue or being knocked out.
Because Garou was comparable in strength to him? As I mentioned, Superman has a pretty big scaling chain. 3-C comes from a pretty fodder GL character, Hal scales above pretty much all of them and can easily defeat the strongest GLC members on his own while fatigued, his 2000s self is stronger than that Hal, PC Superman himself is stronger than Hal regularly, and Rebirth Superman is stronger than his PC self (albeit by an unknown amount afaik)

Rebirth Supes > PC Supes => Post rebirth Hal > Early PC Hal > Strongest GLC members > Driq.

With that scaling chain, Supes can absolutely incap Saitama who's only sligthly below Driq.

Because Garou was comparable in strength to him? As I mentioned, Superman has a pretty big scaling chain. 3-C comes from a pretty fodder GL character, Hal scales above pretty much all of them and can easily defeat the strongest GLC members on his own while fatigued, his 2000s self is stronger than that Hal, PC Superman himself is stronger than Hal regularly, and Rebirth Superman is stronger than his PC self (albeit by an unknown amount afaik)

Rebirth Supes > PC Supes => Post rebirth Hal > Early PC Hal > Strongest GLC members > Driq.

With that scaling chain, Supes can absolutely incap Saitama who's only sligthly below Driq.
I mean the thing is Saitama was completely unharmed by an explosion with 6x baseline 3-C attack potency.

And then continued to remain unharmed by attacks stronger than that.

Meanwhile Superman only scales above baseline.

I mean the thing is Saitama was completely unharmed by an explosion with 6x baseline 3-C attack potency.

And then continued to remain unharmed by attacks stronger than that.

Meanwhile Superman only scales above baseline.
Superman's 3-C comes from 57.43 ZettaFoe. Saitama's comes from 36.38 ZettaFoe.

I mean that would only make Saitama 1.26x stronger than Driq. Not a huge difference that changes my point.
And he doesn't just survive, he's completely unfazed by that attack. Like, zero damage.

You could easily say his durability >> 72 ZettaFoe because of that.

And knowing how Saitama doesn't really get knocked out from punches even stronger than that, idk if I really believe Superman can incap him.

Also, remember that even Saitama's internals can take direct hits from that kind of power, so he doesn't really have any weak spots and he wouldn't be knocked out by the same things that would knock out a regular person.

And knowing how Saitama doesn't really get knocked out from punches even stronger than that, idk if I really believe Superman can incap him
During the Garou fight, both of them were constantly in a stalemate until Saitama's AD started to overtake Garou, so I wouldn't say so.

Also, remember that even Saitama's internals can take direct hits from that kind of power, so he doesn't really have any weak spots and he wouldn't be knocked out by the same things that would knock out a regular person.
I mean, that doesn't mean Saitama can't be knocked out via sheer force alone.

Also if push comes to shove and Saitama gets too strong, Superman could always try sundipping himself, restrain Saitama with his Stellar LS and bring Saitama to the edge of the universe, or the source wall, where it's unlikely Saitama could escape.

Sure Saitama could likely adapt to the LS, but probably not before he gets BFR'd

During the Garou fight, both of them were constantly in a stalemate until Saitama's AD started to overtake Garou, so I wouldn't say so.

I mean, that doesn't mean Saitama can't be knocked out via sheer force alone.
I'm saying that with that durability and endurance, it's highly unlikely that Superman, who is pretty much only Saitama's equal in strength (The same as Garou), could knock him out. I don't believe that's very likely at all.

I see in Superman profiles his heat vision can match Absolute Zero, does Saitama have resistance good enough to match that?
Not exactly but kind of. He resist being frozen, and he resist Sub-Atomic matter manipulation.

Also if push comes to shove and Saitama gets too strong, Superman could always try sundipping himself, restrain Saitama with his Stellar LS and bring Saitama to the edge of the universe, or the source wall, where it's unlikely Saitama could escape.

Sure Saitama could likely adapt to the LS, but probably not before he gets BFR'd
Their win-cons, I would say, but are they more likely than Superman getting knocked out by Saitama's increasing strength?

Saitama can adapt throughout the fight, I’m sure he can win by that.

Their win-cons, I would say, but are they more likely than Superman getting knocked out by Saitama's increasing strength?
It's likely he can do so if he realizes he's no match for Saitama physically and that Saitama is starting to over take him.

Not really, when a much weaker Hal Jordan can beat guys stronger than Driq.
Garou tanked an attack that is quantifiably stronger than what Driq scales too and then grew stronger than that while still being unable to hurt Saitama.

And if Saitama enjoys the fight he'll just end up exponentiating punch by punch. Knocking him out really doesn't seem like a viable option.

Hell, even during his training Saitama was practically forced to continue getting up after dying, let alone knocked out. You could easily make the argument that he'd just keep going even if he was meant to be incapacitated by an attack due to his willpower.

Garou tanked an attack that is quantifiably stronger than what Driq scales too and then grew stronger than that while still being unable to hurt Saitama.
The gap is only by 1.3, it's really not big at all. And for him being unable to hurt Saitama, wasn't that because Saitama started growing stronger as well?

The gap is only by 1.3, it's really not big at all. And for him being unable to hurt Saitama, wasn't that because Saitama started growing stronger as well?
Quantifiable numbers reign over unquantifiable upscales most of the time. And you may be devaluing what it means to completely tank that attack.

I want to ask you, can Superman take no damage from one of Driq's attacks? Can Green Latern?

Saitama is quantifiably stronger for one, and can grow quantifiably multiple times stronger as well.

Also I'd like to hear your rebuttals to this:

Hell, even during his training Saitama was practically forced to continue getting up after dying, let alone knocked out. You could easily make the argument that he'd just keep going even if he was meant to be incapacitated by an attack due to his willpower.

Saitama has been incapacitated (killed) in fights before and simply ignored it via his own willpower, getting up moments after far stronger than before. That's the whole way he ended up breaking his limiter in the first place.

I'm going to say the knock-out win-con is flat out not happening.

I want to ask you, can Superman take no damage from one of Driq's attacks? Can Green Latern?
Neither have fought, but I'm mainly going off Hal being able to easily defeat characters stronger than Driq's level, while in a weakened state.

Saitama has been incapacitated (killed) in fights before and simply ignored it via his own willpower, getting up moments after far stronger than before. That's the whole way he ended up breaking his limiter in the first place.
I mean an incap is still an incap at the end of the day. Unless there's some limit to it idk about.

And even if incap does not work, he still has BFR, whether it be sending Saitama to some unknown region of space and leaving him there, or sending him to the source wall, or straight up send Saitama to another universe, things Saitama has no way to get back from.

Neither have fought, but I'm mainly going off Hal being able to easily defeat characters stronger than Driq's level, while in a weakened state.
I'm asking to get a better idea of the relativity here. Like sure they might be superior, but are they superior to the point that they tank each other's attacks without even be fazed by them?

I mean an incap is still an incap at the end of the day. Unless there's some limit to it idk about.
Saitama wouldn't be incapacitated if he is able to just... get up from being incapacitated via sheer will. He did that against Light-Pull Cord.

And even if incap does not work, he still has BFR, whether it be sending Saitama to some unknown region of space and leaving him there, or sending him to the source wall, or straight up send Saitama to another universe, things Saitama has no way to get back from.
I'm not arguing that Superman doesn't have win-cons, I'm arguing that Saitama isn't going to get knocked unconscious by merely punching him a few times.

Sure, maybe that BFR would work, but is it in-character? Is it something he'd do before he ends up being the one knocked unconscious? Before Saitama just exponentials out of his league entirely?

I'm asking to get a better idea of the relativity here. Like sure they might be superior, but are they superior to the point that they tank each other's attacks without even be fazed by them?
Not really, they're more or less just stated as the GL's strongest members.

Sure, maybe that BFR would work, but is it in-character? Is it something he'd do before he ends up being the one knocked unconscious? Before Saitama just exponentials out of his league entirely?
It's something he'd likely do if he figures he's pushed to the wall. Superman is likely gonna know at some point he'll be overwhelmed completely and resort to other tactics.

Superman could also use sundipping, which allowed him destroy constructs that got stronger by a hundredfold, in which said construct couldn't be destroyed by Superman and a bunch of other er guys before it got stronger.

Idk whether or not that Saitama multiplier thing is accepted so idk how high he adapts in numbers.

Back