• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural Willpower Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
To explain a bit, many characters that simply have strong willpower, inaccurately have the Willpower Manipulation page listed in their powers and abilities sections, and we need help to remove all inaccurate cases, or replace them with Supernatural Willpower when it is blatantly warranted.

Help with this would be extremely appreciated.

Note that this is only to switch willpower manip. to supernatural willpower, not to give the power due to a resistance, being the concept of willpower or because they use their willpower to manipulate that of other or doing stuff, that's for another thread. (I didn't notice that Ant had already explained it when I posted this).
I've only read what was related to willpower manipulation as a power and I ignored characters like Loki and Nipponverse people because they just have it slapped in the profile without explanation.
I also skipped all of Kingdom Hearts profiles because they contain spoilers and I still have to finish KH3

From a quick, preliminary, glance at the list, the characters that I think should have willpower manip. swapped with supernatural willpower are:
People from Gurren Lagann (they have indomitable will on the profile or is listed as the source of their power), Natsu Dragneel and Erza Scarlet (indomitable will reasons), Possibly everything related to the Green Lanterns, I don't know if they can control the willpower of others, Lucy from Elfen Lied (same reason for indomitable will, but it's linked to willpower manip), Kamen Rider Baron (has indomitable willpower as a power), Kyoka Hibari (has it listed as manipulation even though he used it to resist poison), The Arise (has immeasurable will as a power), Daisuke Ido (Has will manip because his hammer has willpower), Artyom Metro 2033 (Has will manip because he resisted some poison with it), Batman Post Flashpoint (has immense willpower as a power), Ludwig the Holy Blade (used sheer willpower to regain his sanity).

I stopped at Mephisto (Marvel Comics)

Last edited:
KH profiles affected by this would just be Nobody Physiology users (To become a Nobody the user explicitly needs a supernatural willpower, let alone one that keeps the same look as a Somebody (Ex. Organization XIII members)), Sora (He should be comparable to Roxas) and Aqua (Realm of Darkness stuff) getting this power.

Sure, I can help out a bit. I'm recovering from from feeling a bit unwell, so I still feel a bit iffy.

If someone is willing to list a bunch a profiles for me to change, either here or in DM's/message wall, I can work through them all.

Here is the list:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Willpower_Manipulation?namespace=0&limit=600

Most of the pages should likely simply have the Willpower Manipulation ability removed, along with any connected category at the bottom of the pages, but a small part should keep it, and another part, with really good reasons for it, should have it replaced with Supernatural Willpower.

Our volunteers will have to check what the justifications for the ability say to determine which option that seems best to apply in each individual case.

How do we determine if a character actually has a supernatural willpower if it isn't explained or there are no evidences linked in the profule? Should we open another thread later to check the legitimacy of their willpower, asking to knowledgeable members of each verse?

And what about those characters that have willpower manipulation without any explanation? Like Nipponverse characters, Marvel Loki and a bunch of others I saw earlier.

After we change all the characters that currently have Willpower Manip. as a replacement for Supernatural Willpower, we'll make another thread to find characters that should have the new power due to various reasons.
At the moment, we need to focus on correcting the improper use of the Manipulation.

How do we determine if a character actually has a supernatural willpower if it isn't explained or there are no evidences linked in the profule? Should we open another thread later to check the legitimacy of their willpower, asking to knowledgeable members of each verse?

And what about those characters that have willpower manipulation without any explanation? Like Nipponverse characters, Marvel Loki and a bunch of others I saw earlier.
1) We should probably just remove the Willpower Manipulation links (and possibly categories) from such pages, in lacl of better options. Supernatural Willpower can be added gradually later on to valid profiles, rather than that we shove it in inappropriately in lots of pages without knowing if it is appropriate or not.

2) We should probably simply remove the Willpower Manipulation links (and associated categories) from them as well.

@Promestein @AKM sama @DontTalkDT @Elizhaa

I would appreciate your input here regarding the most appropriate approach for this.

Now that we have this new power, should Willpower Manipulation be removed since its already covered by Empathic Manipulation?

People from Gurren Lagann (they have indomitable will on the profile or is listed as the source of their power), Natsu Dragneel and Erza Scarlet (indomitable will reasons), Possibly everything related to the Green Lanterns, I don't know if they can control the willpower of others, Lucy from Elfen Lied (same reason for indomitable will, but it's linked to willpower manip), Kamen Rider Baron (has indomitable willpower as a power), Kyoka Hibari (has it listed as manipulation even though he used it to resist poison), The Arise (has immeasurable will as a power), Daisuke Ido (Has will manip because his hammer has willpower), Artyom Metro 2033 (Has will manip because he resisted some poison with it), Batman Post Flashpoint (has immense willpower as a power), Ludwig the Holy Blade (used sheer willpower to regain his sanity).
@Ant Ok, from this list I made previously none of them have links attached, and some of them don't even have an explanation. I guess that them and all the other characters in the same situation should have it directly removed.

Also, Willpower Manipulation could be turned into a redirect and integrated in the empathic manipulation page, in order to make the whole work less stressful.

@Everyone Please, leave the discussion on who should have the new power for the proper thread that will be made in the future.

I'm willing to help but not today (for me) as I'm too exhausted thanks to working even on Saturday so I'll help tomorrow.

Regarding the pages that have the Willpower linked there but not justification I think asking a supporter (if the one editing it is not knowledgeable) could help to see if they know any reasoning. This should be asked on this wiki and not the old one as this one shows whose online so it can be easier to know if you'll get a response back.

Another way is to make a list with the characters that have it but no justification while removing it from the profile. This way we can know who should had it and needs a justification making it easier to than sending messages to the supporters. Example: We find character X having no justification, then we delete the link from the profile and add the character on a list (a new thread or here). Later when and staff member is on, he/she can tag 1-2 supporters and await their response (when the supporter will be on and see the tag).

Yes, although someone could argue that will and willpower aren't exactly the same.
The context is this:

"His eyes were brimming with hellfire, their gaze devouring my very soul. I felt my will - my strength - waver and fade."

If Willpower is getting nuked, what would this be? Stats Reduction? I don't think this really has anything to do with emotions to qualify for Empathic Manipulation.

As for an example of great Supernatural Will, cause people here seem to be giving them here, I, again, will mention Methuselah:

"Supernatural Willpower (Endured living for many years while his fellow gods died over time due to the lack of mystery surrounding them and he is as unyielding as his parent. Kept on living even after Reinhard attacked him with the light of his Longinuslanze through sheer willpower albeit lost all of the mystery of his being, and thus his power and immortality, and died shortly afterward anyway)"

Or any Katan User from Senshinkan for obvious reasons.

@Zara I agree, I think we could list them here while we check through the bigger list, just like I did earlier.

My question is if they should have the power deleted and possibly re-added later, or directly changed and then evaluated?

Another example of supernatural willpower would be CHIM users from TES

They hold themself from being erase in all levels from their verse by sheer willpower
And when erased they will themself back

The reduction of willpower generally lead to stat reduction (although not constitution based stats, such durability), if it directly affect an emotions (like willpower) then is Empathic Manipulation.

Can we leave that discussion for later? This is not the purpose of this thread, a proper one will be made and everyone will be able to make proposals and discuss about who and why should receive Supernatural Willpower

If no justification then just delete but be sure to look at the entire profile as not all justifications are on the Power and Ability section, as it may be in the Techniques section. If nothing is found then delete and once the character is posted, the supporter tagged and hopefully a response if they came with a good reason then we'll re-add it with the justification.

If there is a justification just change to the new link and if not sure if it works under the new Willpower page, let it like that (or redirect) and say in the Listing Thread (the one we will list profiles without justification) that you or who does the editing that you've met a little problem on "Character X" and could use help/opinions from the user watching the thread, Then either we'll come at a conclusion that works good and is accurate enough and if needed tag a supporter to come with an idea as they are knowledgeable and maybe can adapt it. We don't have many powers on the wiki but people adapt the current ones to what they need. Example: We have precognition but we adapt to Analytical Prediction for some characters or we have Dimensional Traveling but we adapt to Dimension Attack, etc.

We just need to find something adequate and it should work.

Last edited:
Now that we have this new power, should Willpower Manipulation be removed since its already covered by Empathic Manipulation?
Possibly. I agree that it does seem redundant to keep it, especially given how rare the power would be.

@Zara perfect, thank you. Last question, what do we do with characters that have an explanation but not links to scan, videos etc... to prove it? Can we assume that it is reliable?

@Ant Wouldn't be better to merge Willpower inside Empathic and turn it into a redirect, like Hellfire and Acupunture? It would make the entire thing shorter.

If someone wants to start checking characters, start from Mephisto, I'll take care of those who are before him in the big list.
And remember to say the last character you checked.

So, depending on the case, I will be switching characters to either Empathic Manipulation or Supernatural Willpower, correct?

Last question, what do we do with characters that have an explanation but not links to scan, videos etc... to prove it? Can we assume that it is reliable?
I suppose that we likely have to take the explanations at face value, in lack of better options. However, they have to describe extreme amounts of Supernatural Willpower in order to qualify.

So, depending on the case, I will be switching characters to either Empathic Manipulation or Supernatural Willpower, correct?
That is correct, yes, although most of the cases should probably simply be removed, due to lacking sufficiently strong justifications for either option.

Also, a big thank you to you and everybody else in the staff and among our experienced members who are willing to help out with this.

I am fine with Willpower Manipulation being redirected to Empathic Manipulation for cases that actually treat it like that. Not for cases where the character just has a strong will or something like that. Also, fine with legitimate cases getting Supernatural Willpower and most of the links simply being removed due to lack of justification.

Thank you. That is probably fine then.

Just to clarify, we intend to replace the Willpower Manioulation page with a redirect link to empathic manipulation, and then remove most of the links, or replace them with links to Supernatural Willpower in the cases where it is strongly justified.

What should we do with the Green Lanterns? Which power should they have?Supernatural or manipulation?

They have Supernatural Willpower combined with energy manipulation, force fields, and lots of other powers already listed in their profile pages.

Switched with Empathic: Alibaba Saluja (explained but both links are broken), Brook, Cole McGrath,

Switched with Supernatural: Smallville Superman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan),

Removed: Green Arrow (Post-Crisis) (Unexplained Resistance), Shaaktiman (unexplained), Natsu Dragneel (both profiles) (insufficient reasons), Erza Scarlet (same reasons as Natsu), Sheev Palpatine (already covered by empathic), Meruem (unexplained and already covered by empathic), Overlord Laharl (unexplained and very likely already covered by empathic)

The following pages are locked (I added my thoughts on the edit):

Change to Empathic Manipulation: Silver Surfer (resistance), Post-Crisis Superman (Resistance), One-Million Superman (resistance), Post Flashpoint Superman (resisatnce), Post-Crisis Batman (resistance), Giorno Giovanna (GER form), Doctor Doom (Resistance), Maria Ushiromiya (Untapped potential), Emperor of Mankind (Materium tab power), Azelf, Captain Marvel (resistance), Eru Illuvatar,

Change to Supernatural Willpower: Post Crisis Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Removal: Emperor of Mankind (has already resistance to empathic), Arceus (already covered by Empathic),

Unsure: Pre-Genesis Wave Archie Sonic (In Super Form, his "Rings" restored willpower), Obito (Six-Paths, resistance possibly explained by the notable attacks, in Sage Mode's descrption), Hashirama Senju (explained but unproven by the attacks section),

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back