• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural Willpower Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am busy with a term paper and presentation right now, can't focus much of my attention on the wiki for things like this, sorry.

Before I go, I have a question:

Would High Pain Tolerance have something similar?

Currently, it's just linked to Pain Manipulation or not linked at all to anything - since it's not really pain manipulation (except in some cases where it is), I was thinking that maybe it should be its own page like Supernatural Willpower.

I agree with Promestein. It seems very redundant, especially as it is usually a part of extreme willpower.

Most shows of pain tolerance wouldn't be supernatural willpower. Just list it as resistance or something, or throw it into Stamina (I'd prefer the latter).

Wikia's kinda running like shit right now. I've made some progress in chipping away at the list. I'll make more later.

Thank you. Here are the editing settings that I use. They work quite well for me, so you might wish to try them out.Screenshot_20201127-202742_Firefox.jpg

If we manage to merge to text of Willpower manipulation inside Empathic manipulation and turn the first into a redirect, the overall amount of work will greatly decrease, because after that we would just check those characters who have it instead of Supernatural Willpower.

Last edited:
Willpower Manipulation is a ridiculous and redundant power definition in the first place. I would much prefer if it is systematically either removed or replaced instead.

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated.

Changed to Empathic: Kenzie Kesington, Okhwang, Goetia, Caster Solomon, Taeji Jin and other ToG characters ( same resistance as other ToG characters), Innominat and Velvet Crowe,

Changed to Supernatural:

Removed: Cyborg (Unexplained power, the resistance is just mind manip), The Pawns (Dragon's Dogma) (unexplained), Adell and Ash Phantom Beast (already covered), Satan (Saint's Row) (unexplained), Taeji Jin (it's just fear), Ezio Auditore (Insufficient reasons, the rest is mind control and fear mani, and is already covered), Bloom (already covered), Lux Arcadia (already covered), Shibuki Shisuhi (already covered), Talion (already covered), Connor Assassin's Creed (already covered)

Not sure: Moon Butterfly and other star butterfly characters not sure how to classify "Will inducement), Grail (DC Comics) (It's listed as "will corruption" but the attacks section seems to point to mind manipulation),

Locked characters:

Removal: Yoko Littner (unexplained),

Change to Empathic:

Change to Supernatural: Green Lantern (Alan Scott Post-Crisis),

Not sure:

I’ll have more time during the third week of December as well. Just a couple more weeks till my semester ends. I’ll be able to find more time to work on this then.

So if a character is stated to be able to manipulate the willpower of others, it'll have to be presented as Empathic Manipulation with a parenthesis specifying its application to willpower?

That's how I went for those that indicated that Empathic Manipulation works. If not I try to find something that works and if no justification is said I just delete the power from profile while saving and categorizing the character in a wordpad so I can know who to ping when all profiles are done so we can see if the creators/supporters of the profiles will help with a justification for the power deleted.

Thank you for helping out Zaratthustra. I very much appreciate it.

I saw that Aiolos was the poster boy for Supernatural willpower. However he doesn't have it on his profile

Also, by virtue of Instinctive reactions would Supernatural willpower have to be listed on the profiles as well?

Changed to Empathic: The Lord Ruler, Sazed, Toffee, Maou Sadao, Nakanoin Reizen, Asagi Asagiri (I guess is the same as other Nipponverse people), Kang the Conqueror, Zaros, Isabeau de Baviere (this may be mind manip, but I don't know the verse), Darkness (Konosuba), The Witch of DunBroch, Tsurunu Yui, Maotelus, Cancer (Cells at Work!), https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Witch_of_DunBroch?action=edit

Changed to Supernatural: Rimuru Tempest (light novel), Ray, Yakagi Suimei, Anarky (Post-Crisis) (Green Lantern reasons),

Changed to Avatar Creation: The Hanged King

Removed: Commissioner Q (fear manis is enough), Edward Kenway and Isu (already covered by empathic), Mazinkaiser (unexplained), Octavia (covered by empathic), Zeroken, Killia, Zetta, (same), Farore (same), Galbatorix (not explained anywhere in the profile), Mazinger Z and Grendizer (unexplained), Capricorn Vertex (already covered),

Not sure:

Locked characters:

Removal:

Change to Empathic:

Change to Supernatural: Green Lantern (John Stewart)

Not sure: Oryx the Taken King (it may be explained as mind manip or similar in the last attack in the list)

Thank you very much for helping out.

Please save a list of all the locked pages that you encounter until later.

I'm going on with the work, it would be useful is some Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy expert could give an opinion about what to do with the power, especially FF whose character have a ton of text in the notable attacks and I'm not going to read everything hoping to catch where the unexplained willpower manip comes from.

As I've said before with KH, a good amount of the cast qualifies as having an "strong" Heart basically translates into having that (This is required to be able to wield a Keyblade), and that also includes Nobodies in general, as that's what they specifically need to be able to become one.
More specifically:

Thank you, I'm not looking at the KH profiles because I'm afraid of spoilers, if you want you can switch thei will manip to supernatural will.

They didn't even have Willpower Manip back then (Except for Sora, but in his case it does fall as that), so it's just going to be added.

They still have something that links to Will Manip, since they appear on the list on pages that are linked to that power.

Thank you very much for continuing to help out with this.

Please save the locked pages in a list, so I can unlock them for you, or Promestein or Zaratthustra can handle them later.

I think that SamanPatou is still going strong with this project, but other experienced members should feel free to help him if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back