• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword God vs Sword Saint (Sakaguchi Hinata (LN) vs Ikki Kurogane)

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
  • Ikki far outskills. He developed several decades in an instant.
  • ikki 1hk's with phantom form
  • Ikki has those too. Resiatance is headcanon af. Without feats of someone stealing her identity it doesn't apply.
  • So does ikki
  • Ikki doesn't need to kill he 1 shots with phantom form
  • ok i guess
  • she's not absorbing someone's fate and soul anytime soon without feats
And ikki omega blitzes. Bring any arguments for that before voting if you please.

Skills are part of the soul in tssdk and yet she can steal those, so she can definitely steal Ikki's abilities that aren't skill.

Hinata was stated to be comparable and surpass Hakurou in sword skill, and he's been alive 300+ years, and taught Rimuru to sword fight. Furthermore her intelligence was stated to on par with Great Sage, someone who can effortlessly process magic on light and sound waves, harbor all of Rimuru's memories, understand all unconcealed phenomenon, etc.

Unless Ikki starts with Phantom, no dice. She'll see it coming with Precog anyways. If it gets bad for her, Astral Bind.

I'm not sure how you headcanon a resistance, but okay Earl. Regardless, same song and dance, can't hide her identity, but you can't see her movements and abilities.

Yeah yeah cool words and shit. Any feats on this skill.

He does. He blitzes bind with ittou rasetsu. Also trackless step is a thing if needed.

Her identity has them all, have you even been listening me on what identity means? Her moves, her actions, her thoughts, her emotions etc. Then again he will just see visions of the future via his senses.

Sorta just gave you some, but okay.

Magic Sense negs Trackless Step. Astral Bind also binds the soul, so hes definitely not escaping that. All he can see is her identity, and that's it. Not movements or abilities.

Regardless, it's still 4-0-0.

Yeah, their abilities and magic are literally the strength of their fate. So feats? The ones you gave are just for the soul.

@Mily

Those aren't feats. Being better than 300 years of experience is an in verse skill feat. I need actual skill feats, you know like Ikki copying stuff from a glance, learning identity etc. Those are actual skill feats, not pretty words. Each verse evaluates experience differently, in Rakudai it can take a person 15 seconds to learn something that in other verses takes 10'000 years, cus different verses. So pls feats.

So like...is that even an argument? I literally gave you a post of his Perfect Vision stealing everything that stems from identity including movement, thoughts, emotions, killing intent etc. But your argument is just "no it doesn't do that"?

I mean you do know that unless you provide an argument for the blitz, those are invalid right?

Also Ittou Rasetsu would blitz even before she steals it, even assuming she has feats of stealing someone's fate.

As long as it's in his soul, and he can't resist Power Absorption+Mimicry, she steals it.
Yeah, but that is literally linked to his fate. Intentsu is literally the strength of his fate as a weapon. And magic, the thing that comes from the soul is also the size of fate you have.

From scan you post about Weapon Linked to fate seems like flowerly or Fate that they means have more power = your fate Will be good because you Will defeat the weak, have more evidence for it?

Anyway thats doenst matter unless Linked to fate means you got resistance to power Absorption like how Tensei skill stated that one cannot have Unique skills without strong souls and cannot be copied or stealed because its resides deep within their souls, Hinata steals

Its confirmed that Hinata can steal Unique skill when she fought Grandbell after she steal he cannot use the stealed skill

Actually, it's legit. Ikki literally reached the peak of his fate, then broke through his fate and became a desperado. So that's also what i thought (flowery language) but when they introduced desperado they just completely flipped by point of view.

It's not resistance, but it means Hinata won't steal it. If she has no feats of stealing someone's literal fate, she won't be able to do it. Resistance isn't the only thing that can stop hax. Mecahnics and potency are factors too. It'd be NLF to say Hinata just steals anything regardless of mechanics as long as they don't have resistance, without any feats.

That's still not a resistance, though. That's how I've always seen it work, so I don't see why it doesn't work here. Not sure what breaking your own fate has to do with it, its still a skill she can steal.

It's not resistance, it's mechanics. If someone can copy martial arts, they don't just steal reality warping because "no resistance". Power Mimicry or stealing are limited but what they are shown to copy/steal. And Hinata stealing a power that is literally the size of that person's fate, is not something that has happened before.

That's different. That would only be technique mimicry, which is different from Hinata who just straight up steals powers. Considering that's a power in his soul, something Hinata has dealt with before, she takes it.

That's different. That would only be technique mimicry, which is different from Hinata who just straight up steals powers. Considering that's a power in his soul, something Hinata has dealt with before, she takes it.
Exactly. Similarly any other power mimicry doesn't just copy any form of power, it stops at something it has never shown to copy.

And at this point you're just not reading. Im saying said power is literally the size/strength of his fate, you keep saying "it's soul so she takes it" completely leaving out the fate part. It being from the soul doesn't just lol nope everyother trait of the power. It's like saying Hinata steals 1-A powers from the soul cus as long as they come from the soul she has shown to copy it.

It exists within his soul, something you said. You argued that she would literally need to steal his soul to get it. She can, so what does fate have to do with it?

Earl you have to give more evidence for it, being transcends fate is completely different matter

Regardless, Usurper supposed to be able steal Unique skill which is resides Deep within soul, its literaly their talents, Power, their everything, fate isnt anything special in slime, in fact Shion unique skill was able to manipulate fate, so "SOUL" in Slimeverse is supposed to be stronger than "FATE".

Trancending their fate wasn't my "evidence". My evidence was ikki literally reaching the peak of his fate.

And that's completely different. A soul based skill that can manipulate fate doesn't mean "it's stronger than fate". Idk where you got that from, it's like saying "Since Medaka can nuke laws and concepts via All Fiction which is a skill that resides in mindset/personality, Personalities in medaka box are stronger than concepts". It's different to steal a power that resides in the soul, that can hax fate, but here, read this part to get a maybe better explanation.

Iida was looking to Kaieda for some explanation. However, like the other audience and Iida, he could only become stunned towards the unbelievable reality unfolding before them.

"I… I don't know..! I've never seen this situation before!" But, it was a reasonable reaction. It was not possible for magic to just increase. Magic is a power that changes the world beyond reason. It is the power of fate itself guided by the wielder's own will. Which is why the amount given to each person was determined upon birth. The fate of each person was decided long before they came into the world. That is humanity's common belief regarding magic. It is common sense for a knight. And yet…

"But, this is…! Other than magic is increasing, I can't explain it!"

The reality unfolding before their eyes right now was in clear violation of that belief. Inexplicable, confusion, bewilderment. Anyone in that place was showing the same reactions as Kaieda. Even that Edelweiss had stood from her seat staring in shock. It was natural. His magic's maximum limit was increasing. The phenomenon that was said to be impossible, Kurogane Ikki trampling over fate by turning his feelings into power, and the theory that had been said to be common sense all had been flipped over its basis. But the one most troubled by what was happening was of course - the Crimson Princess, Stella Vermillion.

"H…… How……?!"

It was just as Kaieda had said - Katharterio Salamandra had not been charged properly. It was not impossible that Ikki would get back up. But the one minute of 'Ittou Shura' had already ended. Ikki should have used up every ounce of his power in his body already. Since the human body has a system that could consume itself to produce energy, it was possible to muster up physical strength. But how was it possible to the extent of recovering his magic? As Stella is puzzled over this….

"Stella." Ikki began to move. His blade swayed as he lifted it. "I won't lose." He seemed to be smiling while saying it.

"…..!!" From those words, Stella felt shiver ran through her body into her bones. Was it fear? No. It was delight.

-Ah, that's right. This man is always like this. He would not lose no matter how absurd it is, He would not yield no matter how impossible it is. He would never give up on himself, continue to move forward, always ripping common sense into shreds. In that case it is just him kicking away common sense once again. If it's him he would succeed in something of this degree. He would kick away common sense, overcome even fate, and then stand in front of me as the strongest opponent. It is natural. After all, he is, Kurogane Ikki is-

Thats pretty much flowerly, Ikki is A protagonis who change His fate from the worst to the strongest, which Naruto did,intetsu was once broken, so thats means His fate is broke?, again Ikki doesnt Resist power absorption, so Hinata can simply steal His Intetsu even if it being His fate, you are the one who have to proof that Hinata cant steal Ikki intetsu, proof that Ikki fate strong enough to protect him from power absorption since a skill that manipulate fate is not something stronger than Hinata usurper

A skill that manipulates fate, is not fate itself. As i gave you the example above, that is literal. He breaks through fate and causality and became a desperado in that very scene. Intetsu being broken means the manifestation of his powers broke, he just receives backlash, he can still use it again, your example is "she steals it and he cannot use it anymore", which is totally different.

I gave you proof why it won't work cus his ability is literally his fate. You have to prove that Hinata can steal such a thing.

Back