• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

I assume he went to the forest to find the location
So while searching for some stuff I found this reddit comment that went through a linear plot path for the game
Follow the Road for the best experience.
  1. Prologue
  2. Great Sky Island
  3. To Hyrule Kingdom
  4. Lookout Landing Quests
  5. Head Towards Rito Village
  6. Stop at Serenne Stable and Talk to Impa
  7. Go South to Tabantha Bridge Stable
  8. Stop at Lucky Clover Gazette
  9. Rito Story Arc
  10. Go Northeast and grab memory 2
  11. Head Northeast, Get Snowfield Stable
  12. Drop to Forgotten Temple, Talk to Impa
  13. Return to Snowfield Stable, go east, then south to Lookout Landing,
  14. Report to Purah, Talk to Josha, do Robbies Depths Quest
  15. Follow Statues in Depths
  16. Speak to Josha, Help Robbie
  17. Talk to Travelers in the center of Lookout Landing
  18. Head Northeast to Woodland Stable
  19. Do Woodland stable Quests (stable trotters, speak to Penn, Investigate balloon behind the stable)
  20. Follow road northeast to Death Mountain
  21. Do Goron Story Arc
  22. Head South of Skyview Tower, memory 3
  23. Continue South to Wetland Stable
  24. Head Southeast to Kakariko
  25. Start Kakariko Quests
  26. Head South to Dueling Peaks Stable
  27. Do Dueling Peaks Quests
  28. Head East to Hateno
  29. Do ALL Hateno Quests, Investigate all houses and wells, do Robbie Upgrades
  30. Head West, Visit Riverside Stable, memory 4, return to Lookout Landing, Report to Purah
  31. Head northeast, visit Terry Town, visit Foothill and Akkala stables.
  32. Visit Akkala Tech Lab for Robbie
  33. Return to Terry Town, do quests there
  34. Head south, then East to Zora's Domain. Follow the road.
  35. Do Zora's Domain Questline
  36. Head Southwest, visit Great Plateau, do Quest there
  37. Head north, visit Outskirt Stable, do quests there
  38. Head south, visit Mini Stable, head toward Gerudo Town, stay on the Canyon road
  39. Visit Gerudo Canyon Stable
  40. Do Gerudo Questline
  41. Grab Memory 5 from cliffs to the North
  42. Go back to Lookout Landing
  43. Continue Crisis at Hyrule Castle
  44. Return to Lookout Landing
  45. Return to Kakariko Village and continue leftover Quests
  46. Return to Lookout Landing and head West to Tabantha Stable and recover the memory to the south of the stable, also head northwest and assist the Horn Player
  47. Head south across the Great Bridge of Hylia if you feel brave, or head south from Gerudo Canyon and head to Faron Grasslands Stable
  48. Do surrounding quests
  49. Head east, visit stable, do stable quests
  50. Head to Lurelin Village, do quests
  51. Recover memory southeast of village
  52. Fast travel to Outskirt Stable, do Fairy Quest
  53. Go to Snowfield Stable, do Fairy Quest, Head North for memory 8
  54. Go to Kakariko, head northeast into Lanayru Bay, retrieve Memory 9 in Talus Bay
  55. Head East from Lake Hylia for memory 10
  56. Complete Secret of the Ring Ruins quest
  57. Complete Guidence from Ages Past
  58. Complete Finding the Fifth Sage
  59. Head North, or East from Typhlo Ruins, collect memory 11
  60. Complete The Dragon's Tears
  61. Complete Trail of the Master Sword
  62. Complete Crisis at Hyrule Castle
  63. Follow and Complete the Master Kohga of the Yiga Clan Side Adventure
  64. Report to Josha, Report to Purah
  65. Free Roam. Complete any content you wish to complete before doing the final Mission that you feel is worth doing. Shrines, caves, quests, adventures. This is your chance to do so, as you have completed every bit of story but the final mission.
  66. Destroy Ganondorf.
This looks pretty right to knowledge, so the Mastersword and Phantom Ganon would be rather late game enemies.

I think phantom ganon should be right before 5th sage due to you getting the quest or prompt to go to hyrule castle to see "zelda" and where you fight phantom ganon coming before the quest for 5th sage.

I think phantom ganon should be right before 5th sage due to you getting the quest or prompt to go to hyrule castle to see "zelda" and where you fight phantom ganon coming before the quest for 5th sage.
I think believe officially you fight Phantom Ganon twice. The boss fight in the castle and the one poisoning the Great Delu Tree.

So no one but the master sword (and technically link) and I think light dragon Zelda scale directly to Ganondorf

Nah Gnondorf just opened his mouth in an attempt to bite Zelda which let Link fall out and escape, most Zelda does in that fight is dodge him

So one of the yiga was able to disguise themselves as a cucco and you could target them unfortunately I didn't test what would happen if you hit them because I didn't realize they were yiga.
Turns out hitting the yiga cucco still results in a swarm of cuccos assaulting you

I think it's funny as hell that if you get into a fist fight with Ganondorf you get weakened, corrupted, lose your very life-force, and get sick all at once because he just emits gloom from his body and causes gloom with every hit he lands.

I think it's funny as hell that if you get into a fist fight with Ganondorf you get weakened, corrupted, lose your very life-force, and get sick all at once because he just emits gloom from his body and causes gloom with every hit he lands.
Yeah he's pretty fucky and will be a pain to deal with in vs matches and of we're being technical link still has some resistance to gloom considering it mega negs anyone else and makes them insta sick

Man

I don't know if anyone's brought it up yet, but can we just talk about how much of a love letter the Wind Temple and Colgera are to Wind Waker fans?

I legit teared up when I heard Dragon Roost Island's leitmotif in Colgera's theme, that genuinely warmed my heart, much to the irony of the actual condition lol

Also, Wind Temple - Colgera is just cold Molgera - Wind Temple's design is a literal boat that very vaguely resembles KORL

I love this ******* game

WAIT LINK LEGIT CAN LEARN THE EARTHWAKE TECHNIQUE

I just got it so mans just has earth manip without any weaponry now

Just dawned on me but when Ganondorf rotted away and become mummified why did he keep his hair but lose his beard?

Like, what about the beard specifically caused it to fade away while his hair remains intact, did Rauru also shave him?

The beard would have made him too strong, so the devs probably thought it was better if his mummified self didn't become even more powerful

Y'know, for narrative purposes

x9a4srf5agua1.jpg

Found a post that translated one of the ancient Hyrulean stone texts. It’s interesting as it’s a direct translation instead of one paraphrased by the npc in the game.

So for the timeline, what path do you think they're going for?
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> Rest of the games -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -> TotK
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> rest of the games -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> Botw flashbacks -> BotW -> ToTK
  • Rest of the game's -> Unknown event -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -ToTK
Sorta feeling 1 personally.

Honestly, I dunno at this point, they scrambled up so much info in the lore that you can't really slap a true timeline label on it without something being contentious

Though, I definitely feel that 1 or 2 are the most probable

Im feeling 2 personally
So for the timeline, what path do you think they're going for?
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> Rest of the games -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -> TotK
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> rest of the games -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> Botw flashbacks -> BotW -> ToTK
  • Rest of the game's -> Unknown event -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -ToTK
Sorta feeling 1 personally.

Making Champion/Sage profiles, what bomb should the BotW Champions scale to?

1. Remote Bombs
2. Remote Bombs+
3. Bomb Barrels
4. Bomb Arrows

Don't the Champions downscale from the Blight Ganons? Like they did lose by they had a sustained fight before that happened.

Don't the Champions downscale from the Blight Ganons? Like they did lose by they had a sustained fight before that happened.
I'd hesitate on downscaling them, since nothing really says it took a long time for them to lose, and in AoC all the footage we saw of the incident before time shenanigans happened was them getting stomped. Also they have zero feats otherwise implying they're on a Blight's level.

Back