• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

And I Remember something related to the title of demon King which would have suggested Ganondorf and Demise above Malladus but idk
There's been other unnamed Demon Kings to my understanding. Any strong demon can seemingly get it.

Do we even have a sandbox for the new link profile?
well its not gonna be a new profile we're just adjusting the botw profile and renaming as well to fit with tears

it doesn't really need a new profile since its the same guy

I made a render of Demon Dragon for the new ganondorf page

Renaming to what?
if it isn't something cool like Champion of the Wild, i'm finna cry
idk but it'll have to be renamed from "Breath of the Wild" since he's featured in 2 games

that still sounds cooler than if we just did / Tears of the Kingdom on top of it

New profiles are the Champions, Sages and Ganondorf afaik. The rest would just be edits of existing profiles.

I mean, is there any title that Link is referred to as in either game that would fit him across both?

Champion of the Wild sounds cool, and even though it definitely fits BOTW the most, it wouldn't sound bad for TOTK Link either

well its not gonna be a new profile we're just adjusting the botw profile and renaming as well to fit with tears

it doesn't really need a new profile since its the same guy
it is going to more double in size in all likelyhood especially if we add more detailed explanations to his current stuff and/or add AoC stuff (unlikely from my understanding)

it is going to more double in size in all likelyhood especially if we add more detailed explanations to his current stuff and/or add AoC stuff (unlikely from my understanding)
Tbf that's the case for most profiles for zelda stuff we have on the wiki anyways since a lot are pretty bare bones

Yeah if you want an example of just bare bones a lot of the profiles can be, go look at ALTTP Link's profile and then compare it to my sandbox of him. And that's one of the lighter examples of how much more can be added to the profiles.

The MM profile is going to like, multiply by like 40x in size. And that's already a split profile from OOT which it shouldnt be, but tabbers be fucky
if anything the BOTW profile should like 100x in size, TOTK and BOTW has a lot of shit. If it only doubled I'd question what the **** we're even indexing at that point.
Edit: Actually going by bit, MM Link probably gonna be well over 200x in size, just from actually adding his items (the current profile only has like 5 things in his attack section, only two songs, and they're like one sentence long? Just adding the 20 basic bitch masks and writing like 3 lines of text for each would already be like 50x the data alone).

The MM profile is going to like, multiply by like 40x in size. And that's already a split profile from OOT which it shouldnt be, but tabbers be fucky
if anything the BOTW profile should like 100x in size, TOTK and BOTW has a lot of shit. If it only doubled I'd question what the **** we're even indexing at that point.
Edit: Actually going by bit, MM Link probably gonna be well over 200x in size, just from actually adding his items (the current profile only has like 5 things in his attack section, only two songs, and they're like one sentence long? Just adding the 20 basic bitch masks and writing like 3 lines of text for each would already be like 50x the data alone).
Yeah not surprised I am currently attempting to convince myself to write out power explanations for a verse with almost 1000 items the majority of which are notable. Thankful most shouldn't be more than a paragraph.

Honestly Demise below Malladus seems to be anti-lore.
I also don't get why we only have Malladus at large country level if he said the world itself, not Just new hyrule, we should consider what Is around it as well I guess? Or at least we should put an "at least"

+ I rememember a statement in hyrule historia about Demise being able to destroy the world, even though It was kind of generic.

And I Remember something related to the title of demon King which would have suggested Ganondorf and Demise above Malladus but idk
Honestly i forget why, and I was part of that thread, to where I even looked at the japanese text to fact-check what he said (which he do be saying shit). I vaguely recall it having something to do with the "new world" (aka the new continent), or timeframe (he explicitly says in the time he has left he'd bring the world to ruin or something, which I think there was some math behind it, idk).

I know we HAD reason to make it specifically 6-B, but I forget what they were 🗿

Demise does have a statement, something like he commands enough power to destroy the world, but Majora glassing the planet, which is stated to "destroy the world" and even "annihilate it", is a High 6-A feat tops. So it doesn't mean 5-B inherently in the context f Zelda by itself. Demise also has statements saying he almost destroyed the world in the past iirc, which only covered him destroying mountains, villages, etc.

I know we HAD reason to make it specifically 6-B, but I forget what they were 🗿
iirc it was because the world was flooded so New Hyrule was the only significant landmass left by that point or something, I dunno

Honestly can't remember what we were cooking with Malladus

Well even if we assume the whole world, we're cooking with an unknown but quick timeframe with an unknown number of attacks, could be a few minutes, could be a few days. Honestly just using the minimum he'd have to be might've been what we were doing?

iirc it was because the world was flooded so New Hyrule was the only significant landmass left by that point or something, I dunno

Honestly can't remember what we were cooking with Malladus
I think it was just that he was going to destroy at least New Hyrule and this was after all of the 4-A and Low 2-C downgrades happened so we just kept it there.

Honestly I think we handled those downgrades pretty poorly, like yeah they needed to be downgraded (We were high on crack when we thought Low 2-C Wind Fish was a good idea when the game pretty blatantly makes it clear his dream peaked out with a single island) but we kinda rushed out stuff like "Yeah cool island level feat let's use that" and also ended up with goofy scaling like base Ganondorf being 6-C just for being Demises reincarnation.

Anyone have an answer to this?
I don't think a CRT is necessary, horned statue being a god doesn't change anything besides what he is, not like it makes Hylia stronger or her sealing more potent.

Anyone have an answer to this?
Just change it ig, it's such a minor thing and literally one word that doesn't affect any hax or stats. It's just clarification. It's comparable to if a profile called Goku an alien and someone changed it to say "Alien (Saiyan in particular)".

Depends on what you doing. If you're changing a word from demon to God, then no. If you're using that as a justification for a new power then a CRT would be needed.

Just changing it to god and changing the reference to a video of Jerrin stating it. I only asked cause I wanted to make sure if the statue being a former god didn’t change anything regarding her sealing hax or tier.

Zelda is a verse where a ******* piece of wood can be god. Gives absolutely nothing by itself beyond "oh, he has a cool title ig" and the fact they'll never get funny triangles scaling.

Yeah the Zelda series hands out the title of god like it's candy, same verse that has 3 goddesses that create a multiverse by complete accident and also a god who can revive horses and do basically nothing else.
He can uh, talk to you in your dreams (But only at places where there are horses, and on a specific type of bed).

I also just remembered that his horse resurrection only applies to horses registered at stables, he can't revive wild horses. Incredible.

Profile be like
"Large Size Type 0, Limited Resurrection (Can revive horses that have died, albeit only if they're registered at affiliated stables. Does not apply to anything that isn't a horse, as well as wild horses, Stalhorses, mystical horse-like entities, or bears), Limited Telepathy (Can telepathically speak to others as they dream, but only at stables, and only in a specific type of bed), Limited Body Control (His head-mask thingy can spin????), possibly Superhuman Physical Characteristics (He's kinda big, he could probably beat someone up, maybe)."

Profile be like
"Large Size Type 0, Limited Resurrection (Can revive horses that have died, albeit only if they're registered at affiliated stables. Does not apply to anything that isn't a horse, as well as wild horses, Stalhorses, mystical horse-like entities, or bears), Limited Telepathy (Can telepathically speak to others as they dream, but only at stables, and only in a specific type of bed), Limited Body Control (His head-mask thingy can spin????), possibly Superhuman Physical Characteristics (He's kinda big, he could probably beat someone up, maybe)."
Make it happen 🗿🙏

he can't revive wild horses. Incredible
Tbf it's more effective a bond thing
If a horse you love passes away from some sort of tragic, fatal accident, it is within my power to revive that horse.
Like, Link needs to have a bond with that horse in order for Horse God to revive it (which is why you need to stable it, since it's showing Link has formed a bond with the horse).

Debatably that's even worse though.

Lowkey 5-A he can always threaten link if he kills a horse

Link like gasp or something at his threat idk

Tbf it's more effective a bond thing

Like, Link needs to have a bond with that horse in order for Horse God to revive it (which is why you need to stable it, since it's showing Link has formed a bond with the horse).

That's bullshit, me and my Stalhorse were tight af 😭

Like, Link needs to have a bond with that horse in order for Horse God to revive it.

lmao so not only do the horses need to be registered but the horses owners have to genuinely love them as well. Also the fact that he says "If a horse you love passes away from some sort of tragic, fatal accident, it is within my power to revive that horse." means that he likely can't revive horses if they just die peacefully in their sleep or something.

My Stalhorse got obliterated by a Stone Talus because he got stuck on a 3ft ledge and couldn't get down in time, I think that counts as tragic.

Untitled32_20220928034315.png

Back