• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Except when they all join in to gang Ganon and fight, ya know, the exact same way with no functional difference?

You'd know if ya played the game mate, this ain't some obscure lore bit 🗿
Since you're really just listening to reply at this point, I was asking you if there's any stat difference between when the real people follow you pre-Sages and when the real people team up with you against Ganondorf.

No, that's what their ability to create avatars comes from.
Yes, and what are the avatars stated to be? Their power, present tense.
Yunobo's power is literally just "me strong", him saying Link using the avatar to utilize his power, after he has the stone, while also making note that he will try and be strong, present tense, to aid Link and stand by him at all times, doesn't make sense if he's talking about when he was actually ten billion times weaker and the power Link calls upon isn't actually his current power.

Since you're really just listening to reply at this point, I was asking you if there's any stat difference between when the real people follow you pre-Sages and when the real people team up with you against Ganondorf.
????????????????????
Uh yeah, they're tier 5 in the latter, I said that like 4 times now 🗿
Are all of Darkseid's avatars as strong as the Godhead?
Whatbaoutism, and bro barely uses them anyway. The Darkseid avatar propaganda fake af.

Oh, I'm getting the issue here. I'm talking about in the game, not whatever VSBW has him at.
You do know what Secret Stones do right? Are you really asking if they're the same statwise?

Why does it matter? We don't use ingame stats because that's silly, like if they do the same damage both during their respective dungeons and when they help in the final boss with the stones it doesn't matter since lore wise we know the stones are a boost in power

The cutscenes you get them, item descriptions, etc?
It says Avatar or power but that doesn't mean they are creating a clone of themselves equal in power with no effort that they then give Link the power to summon it means an unclear amount of their power is given as a means of showing they will always be there to help you
My brother in christ, them showing up is an issue even if the avatars are identical in power because the number of mf's he had to fight just doubled. While of course, not being quite at peak not withstanding he wasnt there to begin with, that was an illusion of himself
I mean they have no feats suggesting that they scale besides maybe scaling to Mineru's Construct who story wise would be there during the second Phantom Ganon fight but it could be justified using the Solemn Vows and that also implies tier 5 Zonai Devices in general

Do they do more damage ingame, yes or no?
How the **** would I know? Does it look like I have the code 🗿
Also lmao, they're literally stated to be incomparably stronger than they were in the events due to the secret stones.

funny stone's explicitly make them ten fucktillion times stronger.
They are functionally identical when they team up with Link in the events, and in the final boss, despite being explicitly incomparably stronger than they were prior.

Ergo your argument "the avatars are identical to them in the events so only as strong as them pre-stone", makes zero sense and is inherently faulty.

It says Avatar or power but that doesn't mean they are creating a clone of themselves equal in power with no effort that they then give Link the power to summon it means an unclear amount of their power is given as a means of showing they will always be there to help you
No, they literally do? They say my power. Yunobo's "power" isn't even a special thing btw, it's literally just him being strong so the excuses that they mean special ability when they say power doesn't fly.

They explicitly say they are granting Link their power, that Link can call upon their power whenever and that they even need to be as strong as can be to aid Link.

I mean they have no feats suggesting that they scale besides maybe scaling to Mineru's Construct who story wise would be there during the second Phantom Ganon fight but it could be justified using the Solemn Vows and that also implies tier 5 Zonai Devices in general
The feat is that they're the sages very own power. Basic scaling.

Mineru probably is 5-C ngl, so yes, the best of the best zonai stuff designed by a sage with the intent to fight Ganon would still downscale off his base.

Why does it matter? We don't use ingame stats because that's silly, like if they do the same damage both during their respective dungeons and when they help in the final boss with the stones it doesn't matter since lore wise we know the stones are a boost in power
Yes we do. That's how we scale Remote Bombs and their upgrade to Bomb Arrows. It's also how we scale other weapons to the Master Sword.

How the **** would I know? Does it look like I have the code 🗿
Also lmao, they're literally stated to be incomparably stronger than they were in the events due to the secret stones.

funny stone's explicitly make them ten fucktillion times stronger.
They are functionally identical when they team up with Link in the events, and in the final boss, despite being explicitly incomparably stronger than they were prior.

Ergo your argument "the avatars are identical to them in the events so only as strong as them pre-stone", makes zero sense and is inherently faulty.
If they're functionally identical, that's a major antifeat.

If they're functionally identical, that's a major antifeat.
zeldacdi.jpg

Link is functionally identical at the start of the game and end.
Whole game a major anti-feat...

I can't believe octococks deal the same damage to Link endgame that they do endgame

Blood Moon is a massive outlier because of this, everyone is 9-B

Nuh uh, everyone just scales to 5-A, even the bees.

The feat is that they're the sages very own power. Basic scaling.

Mineru probably is 5-C ngl, so yes, the best of the best zonai stuff designed by a sage with the intent to fight Ganon would still downscale off his base.
I don't think those statements are enough I think it is safer to assume they start out at Weakened Link's level and only become so high after Link gets the Solemn vows or grow to in power with Link to avoid contradicting tier 7 scaling, and I am talking about Zonai tech like canon or homing cart not the Constructs unless we assume that she powersthem up to her level or something.

Someone should calculate the size of the great sky islands and the GPE that
This is why I don't work with others to make profiles.
You don't make profiles bro you're literally banned from without the consent of others because your profiles are just terrible

That was for revisions, not initially making profiles. Why were you the one I had to convince I had learned my lesson again?

I don't think those statements are enough I think it is safer to assume they start out at Weakened Link's level and only become so high after Link gets the Solemn vows or grow to in power with Link to avoid contradicting tier 7 scaling, and I am talking about Zonai tech like canon or homing cart not the Constructs unless we assume that she powersthem up to her level or something.
What.

How is "that is my power" not enough for it to be their power 🗿
Hell it ain't just those statements btw (which verbatim say it's directly their power and Link calling upon their power).

If we went with tier 7 avatars, you'd actually have like double the contradictions lad, it ain' perfect but be real.

As for the tech, by that logic Mineru wouldn't even be High 8-C, obviously there has to be some leeway.

Also unrelated to the funny scaling discussion, this weekend I will not procrastinate any longer, I will finish my Calamity Nando and TOTK Crenado profiles

And also update the links on ALTTP Link's profile since I forgot to switch them from streamable to imgur lmao, don't know how I forgot to do that but it's an easy fix

Oh, I just saw the "or create pages" on the message I was sent.

Good thing I didn't make any profiles since then, huh?

What.

How is "that is my power" not enough for it to be their power 🗿
Hell it ain't just those statements btw (which verbatim say it's directly their power and Link calling upon their power).

If we went with tier 7 avatars, you'd actually have like double the contradictions lad, it ain' perfect but be real.

As for the tech, by that logic Mineru wouldn't even be High 8-C, obviously there has to be some leeway.
I suppose I can't actually disprove anything and Mineru's Construct supports Avatar scaling since you actually summon her straight up and she isn't implied superior to other Avatars.

I apologize to anyone who gets mad while talking to me, I'm literally only smart in VS so common sense and waiting around isn't really my thing

Though, scaling the Avatars to the Secret Stone amped Sages brings up a possible issue with scaling once again, since that would effectively make all Temple Bosses 5-A.

Unless we're rating TotK Link at 5-A before any temples

As said, paradoxical scaling.

The temple bosses scaling is going to be inherently ****** no matter what you do because they can be taken on at any time, in any order.

Like with what you just said, if they're 5-C no matter what even initially, that would in turn void the secret stone giga boost all the sages get and make it actually negligible, which goes against the whole point of them.

Back