• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer a previous post by Pegasus, I think it's because it speaks to fundamental positive ideal for people with very easy to like characters. Like, Rimuru LITERALLY checks every single nice guy item box there is both in his personal affairs and how he deals with running his country.

Doomrider7 said:
To answer a previous post by Pegasus, I think it's because it speaks to fundamental positive ideal for people with very easy to like characters. Like, Rimuru LITERALLY checks every single nice guy item box there is both in his personal affairs and how he deals with running his country.
because there's a slime in it .

there are so many nice mc guy in anime/manga out there but nobody's as popular as rimuru

Have there been any slime character polls? How popular is rimuru i wonder.

It's rare for the mc's to be #1 in their series i think so wonder if he is #1.

Pretty sure diablo would be high ranked.

There was a poll for the manga version (Diablo made it into the middle of the rankings just by write-in votes........)

Not sure where it was posted though, whether it was here or elsewhere.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
First.

What do you all think would be a good idea for a LN side story?
milim's diary would be fun or myb a proper story about rimuru and the gang labyrinth exploration . the story about angel race would be nice too , I wanna know the heck are they doing up there

because there's a slime in it .

there are so many nice mc guy in anime/manga out there but nobody's as popular as rimuru

Part of it I think is also age. A lot of those MC's are teens or younger adults and their thought processes very much reflect a lot of these things whereas Rimuru's thought process really does feel like those of an adult man.

So regarding Slime's success, I think it came from mainly two sources:

1. The manga. Kawakami did a fantastic job and the "meanwhile in Rimuru's stomach" Extra helps a lot as well. From what I hear Slime's story is actually supposedly appealing to "Geezers", i.e. an unusually old demographic. However the manga was published in a shounen magazine (Sirius Shounen), so it hit a fairly young audience. However that young audience likes it as well, so the manga made the most out of it and got a greater target audience/appeal than many other works. Most importantly Kawakami did a great job with Fuse's goal of wanting each version of the mainstory "be its own thing" so that each gives you a full expierence that doesn't interfere with the other media forms. And it actually succeeded, after which it was the snowball effect in action. It stood out and Kodansha gave it better marketing and such and the series spread further.

2. BANDAI bigshot who first brought the anime project to life in the first place. He admitted that he's a great fan of the work and wanted to see it animated. Having a bigshot who is passionate about a project is always a great help.

After the anime, both these aspects came together and the merchandise just wouldn't stop selling. It ultimately leads us to the current situation.

Oh and the half-year rankings of bookwalker I posted in the previous thread?
https://bookwalker.jp/ex/feature/2019fh_ranking/
Guess what, look at who barely who made it to #50!

Sheska444 said:
geld's rank kinda surprises me.. do ppl mistake him for geld - orc disaster or smthn ? hmm..
He's Orc Dad in the spinoff. Like, he's absurdly likeable in a heartwarming dad way on top of his character and pligth being something people can really get behind and support.

He's Orc Dad in the spinoff. Like, he's absurdly likeable in a heartwarming dad way on top of his character and pligth being something people can really get behind and support.

now that you mention it , geld is really stand out in tensura nikki spin off

Hoping geld gets the LN boost, cause he really fell off in the WN, along with Gabiru.

Neither even have an US, pretty much the weakest among the executives.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Hoping geld gets the LN boost, cause he really fell off in the WN, along with Gabiru.

Neither even have an US, pretty much the weakest among the executives.
They both get more prominent screen time in the LN so that seems likely.

"having a passionate bigshot s╠Âu╠Âg╠Âa╠Âr╠ ╠Âd╠Âa╠Âd╠Âd╠Ây╠ is always a great help" - NeoSuperior

I see , now I understand why slime is really popular

The person on reddit that usually posts the sales report said that koudansha announced TSSDK being it's money-cow next to Attack on Titan.

Back to LN potential rumors, I've heard that the Ryuma Clash Arc (Where Veldora gets captured), it's real bad compared to the WN.

Not only is Veldora captured and controlled by Kondou, the Black Numbers have been stomped out by Velgrynd single handily, and Rimuru and his strongest subordinates are somehow trapped in his own Imaginary Space. Leaving Gabil and Gobuta left.

Didn't hear about Rimuru and co being trapped in imaginary space, guessing Rudra did that.

At that point Rimuru has no choice but to get a power up, can't wait for illustration of True Dragon Rimuru.

wait what--? if it was rudra's imaginary space I could understand but... rimuru got trapped in his own imaginary space..?

myb because rudra is a true hero level I guess? hmm.. no wonder the likes of yukki was able to stomp rimuru now

Celestial Pegasus said:
There is also the rumor that Zegion and Diablo are probably stronger than Rimuru.
that sounds fun .

hopefully all the super car daemons are "stronger" than rimuru , Idk about u but its weird for me see a guardian who's weaker than his master

Don't know if the other daemons sans Guy obviously, are on Diablo's level.

If i had to guess Diablo is stronger than Rimuru cause he is old as hell and extremely knowledgeable and intelligent, in short he is more skilled than Rimuru/knows how to use his abilities better.

While Rimuru still has his inhibitions about using his abilities to their fullest degree.

Yea like when Benimaru came up with hellfalre by combining his abilities, he was being hold back by common sense while monsters in the world have a kill or be killed mentality.

A Rimuru wouldn't any sort of inhibitions would be pretty deadly considering his arsenal of abilities.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
That is true, he's constantly suppressing himself, or doubting his subordinates power.
rimuru is a skeptical slime by nature after all , he's been doubting a lot of stuff since the beginning of the story for example: - veldora good will , "why is he so nice to me? can I really trust him...?"

- the goblins loyalty , "if they betray me Im gonna personally kill every last one of em"

- kabal ellen and gido honesty , "hmm , should I really give these valuable equipments to em.."

- even myormiles good will when he decided to use his valuable potions to help many dying ppl , "he chose to waste many valuable potions for free? is he really a competent merchant..?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back