• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Something I still wanna resolve. Is Magic Sense Extrasensory Perception, Enhanced Senses, or both?
Only ESP, as Magic Sense is a seperate "sense" that can "simulate" some of the other senses, but doesn't actually improve them. On the other hand, Skills like "Keen Smell" like Ranga and the wolves have are indeed fitting the bill for Enhanced Senses.

What about those who possess Sense Heat?
It also fit Enhanced Senses.

• Thermograpic Vision: The ability to see heat
I think we can make a large revision for LN and WN regarding abilitiies obtain from Magic Perception/Magic Senses and other Enhanced Sense Skill because minus the names, their descriptions are the same in principle.

Besides, all profiles already have the magic senses/magic perception's related resistance already.

I know they have resistances, I just want to know what they are. I personally believe they are. But sure, I'll wait till that CRT.
Understood.

Elizhaa said:
Besides, all profiles already have the magic senses/magic perception's related resistance already.
What kind of resistances are there against perception abilities? Do you mean in regards to stealth/invisibility or something else? Or is it about the resistance to information/data manip for handling things that would fry a normal human brain?

By the way, not sure if this needs a seperate Memory Manipulation resistance, but the fact that memories are stored within the spirit body IN ADDITION to the brain of the material body, should make memory manipulation impossible unless it's BOTH spiritual and biological. Even worse when it's 3 layers for those with perfect memory who on top of it store them in their souls as well.

Rimuru's non-physical body is even more complex with his homogen cells-structure. In LN vol. 1 he asks if his memories are like a RAID-setup for computers, and Great Sage's answer was "close enough".

NeoSuperior said:
Elizhaa said:
What kind of resistances are there against perception abilities? Do you mean in regards to stealth/invisibility or something else? Or is it about the resistance to information/data manip for handling things that would fry a normal human brain?
I meant resistance about information/data manip for handling things that would fry a normal human brain. But, I checked and resistances to stealth/invisibility should exist.

In WN, there was statement that even if Blind or Deaf, the users could perceive their surrounding. (I am pretty sure Rimuru was both as a slime). I think this statement also happen in the WN.

Chapter 3 WN

(Very well. There exists a [Magic Perception] skill. Can you use it?)

(No, I cannot. What type of skill is it?)

(You perceive the surrounding magical energy. It's not a major skill, and acquiring the skill is rather simple.)

(Ho ho. Simple you say!))

ÔÇ╗Truly, it is actually not simple at all.

(Ay. For those like I, it is as simple as breathing―you don't even know you are doing it.)

(I see! If I were to acquire it, would I be able to see?)

(That is the idea. The world is covered in magical energy. There is a difference in concentration. And, light and dark possess a wave like property, did you know?)

(Yeah, light wave and dark waves, right?)

(You know well, is that knowledge from the other world? Well, it is so.
But observing these fluctuations, you can calculate the appearance of the surrounding. Simply, right?)

Haa? What the hell?
This guy… how is that simply?!

(Iya~, sounds a little difficult…)

(What? With this, even if your eyes and ears are crushed, you can continue combat. Ambushes become impossible. It's an indispensable skill!)

(Iyaiyaiyaiya! Let's leave the matter of combat aside from now, I just want to be able to see!)

Muu~, if you say so. I'll help with acquisition! And by the way, I don't know another way!)

(Wha… can you even do it?! Aren't you a beginner at this yourself?)

(Don't worry. You are among the lucky few who possesses past world memories. Thus, you know what light and darkness looks like.
If you had not known, making you see would have been impossible even for me. You are indeed blessed!)

I see, explaining light and darkness would be difficult for those who have never seen them
I know I couldn't do it.
It took Hellen Keller 2 years to learn the meaning of words.
In other words, due to other world's knowledge, I can obtain pseudo-sight and hearing through the [Magic Perception] skill…
Not like I can refuse to try anyways.
Being unable to see is far too inconvenient.
Moreover, I've forgotten about it, but I also have the [Great Sage] skill.
Surely something will come from this!

(Please teach me!)
Rimuru can detect stealth attack, Rimuru could also perceive people with Camouflage SKills.

Chapter 7 WN

Inherent skill [Heat Detection]… the ability to see nearby heat sources. Furthermore, camouflage skills are nullified.

(For example, the centipede erased its presence and attacked from behind.
Luckily, that kind of attack wouldn't work on someone with [Magic Perception] and [Heat Detection].

Rimuru could also perceive people with Camouflage Skills still chapter 7 even before gaining Heat Detection:

Chapter 7 WN

ÒÇîGuys, I got the extent of your friendship, so could you please be quiet? You'll blow my "Camouflage Skill".ÒÇì

Somehow, a boisterous trio had entered.
I wonder why…
Actually… why do I understand their words?

«Solution. In cases where intentions are vocalized, [Magic Perception] converts them to appropriate words and transmits them to the brain.»

I see.
I can't talk to them, but at least I can understand them.
Thank goodness. I had always been bad with English.
I think that if you live in Japan there should be no need to study foreign languages.
Those who plan to go abroad can struggle by themselves.
But that excuse won't work here. I'll probably have to learn eventually.

Well, that matter can rest for now.
What should I do?
This dilemma is worse than the previous one―how to open the door.
I don't know what they came to do… but they seem like adventurers.
Did they come searching for treasures and stuff?
They are the first humans I meet in this world. sort of want to go and greet them.
But… if a mute monster slime (a.k.a I) were to go out there…
I'd be killed without questions.

Let's wait for now.
Meeting humans will have to wait until I can talk.

For now, I observed this situation in hiding.
After the skinny man had done something, the appearance of the three has dimmer. But, I can still see them.
Did he call this… camouflage?
Probably a type of skill.

Is he just trying to peek? What an outrageous guy… Does he even know why they came here?
Probably should get to know him later.
I am pretty sure the skills can detect Invisible Users, too. Note, Invisibilty exist in the verse and Rimuru could used a Spell in his Skeleton Pseudo-soul. Hinata can also used Invisbilty Spell and (I guess Illusion too).

Chapter 121 WN

Deliver the goods, wait for an opportunity, and proceed with Fritz to the source of that light. Hinata and Fritz would move as planned.
They would aim for that moment when the merchants deliver the food and begin returning home.
She would create an illusion of herself leaving the premises and instead head for the children. Thus, the red girl would chat her way out instead of Hinata.
The magic would only work up until she would leave the premises, but that much time should be enough.
Today she merely planned to talk to the children and confirm that they were not in any immediate danger.
Ten minutes should be plenty to see how they are doing, and that would be the first step.
Of course, should things turn sour she was fully ready to blast her way out.
In that case, she would never again talk with those grannies…
And that thought did bother her, but it did not sway her resolve.

Fritz was busy with work so she decided to head off alone.
Straight for that light.
She used an invisibility spell and suppressed her presence to its utmost limits to remain undetected.
Up to the third floor, without making a single sound.

Chapter 127 WN

Before we could be sensed by the enemy group, I activated invisibility magic.
Once our side began attacking, the invisibility magic was canceled, but the enemy's numbers were already decreased by one or two people. In addition, they had lost their attacker and the healer from the rear support.

NeoSuperior said:
By the way, not sure if this needs a seperate Memory Manipulation resistance, but the fact that memories are stored within the spirit body IN ADDITION to the brain of the material body, should make memory manipulation impossible unless it's BOTH spiritual and biological. Even worse when it's 3 layers for those with perfect memory who on top of it store them in their souls as well.
Rimuru's non-physical body is even more complex with his homogen cells-structure. In LN vol. 1 he asks if his memories are like a RAID-setup for computers, and Great Sage's answer was "close enough".
I guess it is true. From my last thread link above: Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken WN revision, it stated that individuals surpassing A rank have high resistances, and their memories are protected by their soul. The CRT was accepted but I forgot to add the resistances and I felt I got to lazy to make a Unconventional resistance listed though I could have it.

In any case, I added his missing Memory resistance resistance.

Oh I rememeber the topic of Demon's Lord Haki being capable of killing Soul too. It look like it is possible. Currently, Shion's fear Haki is :

• Fear Haki: Shion's ability which inflicts insurmountable fear on the target, and kills them on a spiritual level. Even with the ability to resurrect the dead, Rimuru couldn't revive those killed by Shion and the Yomigaeri as they died on a spiritual level.
It was from Chapter 161 and the only major fear statements was from Fear haki/Terror Haki in the war.

Chapter 159 WN

Due to Shion's unique skill, all members of Yomigaeri were clad in a 『Terror Haki』.

10,000 soldiers transformed into Terror Knights as they pummeled the empire's armies.

Instigating fear into the hearts of enemies, breaking their battle spirits.

Chapter 161 WN

Even if only a portion of their flesh remained it's still possible to reconstruct it with magic――The reason resurrection magic couldn't be used is because their soul couldn't be reproduced――Even so, there are those whose didn't have any remains at all.

There are those who were perfectly combusted by Ultima's "Nuclear flame" and those whose genetic code was completely destroyed by Testarossa's "Death strike".

And then, there are those whose soul simply accepted death due to fear and despair.

Against these, I who have means of spiritual healing could do nothing about.

In the end, those who cannot be resurrected, number over 200,000.

Of the 940,000 individuals, 200,000 died.

Interesting. I'll have to check the RAWs later to see if those are actually refering to "souls" (or at least "Astral Body") or if those are refering to "Spiritual Body" instead. It wouldn't be the first time this mistake happened considering how it happened for the explanation of Dead End Rainbow in both the WN and manga TL.

NeoSuperior said:
Interesting. I'll have to check the RAWs later to see if those are actually refering to "souls" (or at least "Astral Body") or if those are refering to "Spiritual Body" instead. It wouldn't be the first time this mistake happened considering how it happened for the explanation of Dead End Rainbow in both the WN and manga TL.
Yeah, it would be cool. If it is accurate in the RAWs then Soul Manipulation could be given to Demon's Haki Users from Scaling.

Shouldn't WN Benimaru have regen negation via Black Flame because of Rimuru utilizing the same ability to nullify the Regenerationn of Ork Disaster ?

Seems a new thread is needed, gonna make one.

Gonna have decent internet for a couple days, but not really gonna participate in anything, just gonna catch up on everything i missed, anime, manga etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back