• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Was Velgrynd's 'Instantaneous Movement' different from Mai's?

Someone told me that Mai's 'Instantaneous Movement' is teleport, not speed
I think Velgryn's can also time travel with the ability, though it seems it won't work if she exists at a point in time; the ability looks to have too many caveats to be sheer speed, to me.
I think Mai's case is similar to the Web Novel where it was teleport.

I think Velgryn's can also time travel with the ability, though it seems it won't work if she exists at a point in time; the ability looks to have too many caveats to be sheer speed, to me.
So, Velgrynd's Instantaneous Movement was different from Mai's?

I wanted to ask on opinions what tier would Shuna (Light Novel) get since her rank was clarified to be Above A rank which can be A+ or Special A?

I think the Instantaneous Movement subskill is the same for Mai and Velgrynd, at least in the LN version.
However, the Ultimate Skills themselves are different. Velgrynd's Cthugha have multiversal travel, while Mai's can only do so within a single space-time universe.

I wanted to ask on opinions what tier would Shuna (Light Novel) get since her rank was clarified to be Above A rank which can be A+ or Special A?
Her Kijin key should probably be "At least Small Town level" then. Though I can't remember what their rankings were in the Light Novel.

Her Oni key should be changed, yeah. Though I'm not certain about her being High 7-A, that tier seems to be reserved for stronger Special A rank monsters. But it's possible she's at that level, I suppose. Neutral for now, I suppose.

I don't know,the description of instanous movement says she moves without regards of time,which ultimately means thats speed and should be infinite speed

It can still be argued that it could be teleportation, since Teleportation can still be described as "going from 1 place to another with no regards to time" since there was no distance crossed. It could just be teleportation with no time lag.

Overall if it's gonna be infinite speed I believe we really need a concrete evidences, so that when Velgrynd and Mai get profiles we won't have to extensively argue with people about it, which generally just devolves into voting.

They are both teleportation. The difference is Velgrynd transcends time and space

Her Kijin key should probably be "At least Small Town level" then. Though I can't remember what their rankings were in the Light Novel.

Her Oni key should be changed, yeah. Though I'm not certain about her being High 7-A, that tier seems to be reserved for stronger Special A rank monsters. But it's possible she's at that level, I suppose. Neutral for now, I suppose.
I have the Shuna scans. Yeah, she was A Rank at Kijin key. Although she had low energy for the rank (because she had her Analyst skill). She's still A Rank in Oni key, usually, when the phrase "beyond A Rank" or "above A-Rank" shows up it's referring to A+. She definitely A-Rank energy-wise, if we are talking about skills, magic, and physicality she'd be A+. She's not on the level of Special A but she doesn't need to be.

They are both teleportation. The difference is Velgrynd transcends time and space
Doesn't this refer to speed?

"And then Velgrynd suddenly disappeared.

Just as they were wondering, they, too, were suddenly summoned to a strange place.

And this is the scene.

None of them realized that they had shifted through space. After all, they didn’t even go through the portal, they just suddenly changed scenery.

It could be summed up in one word, ‘Instantaneous Movement.’ It could normally only be done by ten people, and it was an unimaginable supernatural power." (Volume 17)

I have the Shuna scans.
I forgot I can just check on discord.
She definitely A-Rank energy-wise, if we are talking about skills, magic, and physicality she'd be A+. She's not on the level of Special A but she doesn't need to be.
Oni Shuna is currently High 7-A with magic due to defeating Adalman who was Special A though. What do you propose her tier should be, assuming you mean this rating is erroneous?

Tbh scaling with threat levels alone can be really tricky, considering how wide the ratings are. I have considered taking Ranga's storm calc out of the equation just to see if lessening the gap between Special A and A rank would make the scaling easier, but it's too bothersome.

Isn't "beyond A rank" sometimes also mean Special A? Could be wrong but I remember something like that, like Ifrit and others being described like that.

I forgot I can just check on discord.
Oh I have been meaning to make a Shuna chat. I've posted most of her important scans in general. I guess since I have them and am re-reading...so I can do so.
Oni Shuna is currently High 7-A with magic due to defeating Adalman who was Special A though. What do you propose her tier should be, assuming you mean this rating is erroneous?

Tbh scaling with threat levels alone can be really tricky, considering how wide the ratings are. I have considered taking Ranga's storm calc out of the equation just to see if lessening the gap between Special A and A rank would make the scaling easier, but it's too bothersome.

Isn't "beyond A rank" sometimes also mean Special A? Could be wrong but I remember something like that, like Ifrit and others being described like that.
She defeated Adalmann by reversing Disintegration on him with Overdrive. I wouldn't say she scales to him. I don't think we attribute anything but the bare minimum for A Rank characters. Which she be around Town level.

That's why you have EP to gauge the range of threat levels and guild rankings.

Yeah it can be but consistently its not. You'd need more context.

Also I need to send you something on Discord

Doesn't this refer to speed?

"And then Velgrynd suddenly disappeared.

Just as they were wondering, they, too, were suddenly summoned to a strange place.

And this is the scene.

None of them realized that they had shifted through space. After all, they didn’t even go through the portal, they just suddenly changed scenery.

It could be summed up in one word, ‘Instantaneous Movement.’ It could normally only be done by ten people, and it was an unimaginable supernatural power." (Volume 17)
No. Not really. She switched coordinates in space

She defeated Adalmann by reversing Disintegration on him with Overdrive. I wouldn't say she scales to him. I don't think we attribute anything but the bare minimum for A Rank characters. Which she be around Town level.

That's why you have EP to gauge the range of threat levels and guild rankings.

Yeah it can be but consistently its not. You'd need more context.

Also I need to send you something on Discord
It was more-so also because of her magic skills keeping up with Adalman rather than beating her. Also because she can use Disintegration later in the series.
She would still be physically Town level though, but I do wonder what to do with her tier via magic and Adalman.
Though my hands are a tied atm due to IRL reasons, plus the recent frequent power outages in my area.

It would be nice to know Shuna's EP although it still needs to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes a few hundred thousand increase in EP is exponential while sometimes Fuse treats it like a direct multiplier.

The context was Shuna magic-battling Adalman, although tbh both profiles need some work on. I already completely forgot why we were scaling people from Beretta again since that was way back before the forum move.

Watching the anime episode, 8-Bit really dragged the episode when it was covering the parts of the source material that could already feel like dragging.
Not surprising people are disappointed.
The manga >>>>>>>>>> the anime in pacing, and the manga is monthly lol

I just joined the Slime discord and, well at least people are making collective effort into making the Slime Wiki better.
I hope they get to the point of the wiki looking as good as the MHA wiki.

It's also hard scouring for details like landmass of countries when the translators or whoever don't list it, unless I missed it. I'm new to discord and still discovering how things work.
I'm actually more interested in getting the Tropes Page in order again since that hasn't been properly organized since somewhere in Season 1 and still has outdated info from the WN.

Watching the anime episode, 8-Bit really dragged the episode when it was covering the parts of the source material that could already feel like dragging.
That's one issue. Yeah....the treatment of Beretta upset me

Well, I'm not really that much bothered with Beretta becoming a waifu bait lol, especially since they got Saber's VA and FUSE is a Fate enthusiast. But I can see why people would be upset about it.

I'm actually more interested in getting the Tropes Page in order again since that hasn't been properly organized since somewhere in Season 1 and still has outdated info from the WN.
It would be nice if it could get fixed slowly but surely, since it really is outdated. If I had more time I'd help but kinda busy tbh.

They dropped the ball WAAAAAY back in S1 and it's been felt all the way til here. They REALLY ****** up by simply not doing the Beast Kingdom, Dwargon, and ending S1 with Rimuru heading towards Blumund with the trio and contemplating his life and the epiphany of his life-span. Skipping the Demon Lord meeting still stings as well.

Their process of production has always puzzled me with all of this. No idea who's at fault either,

Tbh...Berretta is a doll which is genderless with a face that of a beautiful girl (Saberface to be exact from Fuse Blog when WN after story still on going apparently). People just assume that Beretta is he (well it's also easier to call ig instead of just she or it) when Beretta called itself watashi which is neutral...also, pretty sure Beretta never called a man or even a woman before bcs well, a doll. Female voice for Beretta is shocking but not that surprising at the same time.

Basically, Beretta treated like Fate Enkidu which is actually pretty good for me. Whyyy in Reddit said that fans requested Beretta to be voiced by Ayako Kawasumi for the gags in Nico Nico Official Manga. So it's already become a running gag by fans for quite a long time apparently.

Last edited:
220590483_114801987552139_2957884136796030518_n.jpg

Just as an addition, apart from Rimuru getting CM1 from Turn Null, he is also able to interact with NEP 2. Basically Turn Null is pure nothingness because it has existed before everything

Why is Turn Null NEP2? Unlike Type 1 Concepts change, simply predating existence and Concepts is still not enough for NEP2. You have to have statements that directly state that the thing lacks a Concept/Information/Etc.

Why is Turn Null NEP2? Unlike Type 1 Concepts change, simply predating existence and Concepts is still not enough for NEP2. You have to have statements that directly state that the thing lacks a Concept/Information/Etc.
Because Turn Null (Void Collapse) was a energy that predates the existence of all concepts in the verse, as Veldanava used it to create the verse

Creating and predating concepts is not enough for Non-Existent Physiology Type 2. You have to have a pretty clear cut statement that they are conceptually non-existent.

Turn Null predated all spirits/concepts/laws/world in the verse; the last few chapters and it's akin to the energy of nothingness/destruction in the verse that destroys everything and also created everything. It shared the property of a void attack that erases everything in its path. I think more contexts was discussed on page 7 of this chat.

Well, Turn Null is just a Void, and it is a Void that existed even before all concepts of existences, since, there was nothing before it

Back