• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cringed a lot when reading the bit when Gabil first appears...and boi can I understand how everyone else sans maybe Rimuru was feeling of the Lizardman.

On 31 rn in WN after finally my butt off from 25(?)

I think we should call the keys based on the race names where possible and give the term "pre-harvest festival" and "post-harvest festival" for everyone else. It'd make it easier to differentiate, imo. Since those without a change in race probably didn't have as much as an upgrade as those who did, though there is a huge difference between having a unique skill and not having one, so it's still enough to warrant different keys even for those.

Rimuru's regen is Mid-Godly after absorbing an angel, which means he can survive the existence erasure of his physical body, mind, and soul. That means that he'll be able to still fight by SBA, correct?

Oh... how to say this... Rimuru might get a huge durability upgrade... because in both WN and LN it's said that "The Hero's" barrier made of Infinite Prison was able to completely nullify any attacks by Veldora that it took. Now Rimuru, with Uriel in tow, can do the same... so...

It's also in his stomach so yea good luck to anyone trying to get out of his stomach after being absorbed.

If he used it against Milim he might have done a bit better. But he choose only to use Beelzbuth in front of the Demon Lords. And it probably won't be the last time he holds back his other Ultimate Skills.

We'll see in vol. 7, I guess.

Seems like this month's manga is two chapters once again.

EDIT: Quick look through the RAWs shows that it shows conference in Falmas, some stuff of their summoned Otherworlders, a bit of stuff on Tempest's side, Milim appearing in Beast Kingdom and goes up until Shion confronts the Otherworlders.

So next chapter will be when Rimuru shows back up, and probably ends with him finding about Shion for a cliffhanger.

Among the "Slime rip-offs", or more precisely the ones who took Slime's beginning and went with it in their own way, the only good one is Kumo, IMO.

And to be fair, Slime is a rip-off of Overlord as well:

• Suddenly finds himself in a non-human magic-endowed body in an underground location
  • Is one of the strongest beings within said underground location
  • Goes out to venture into the outside only to discover a village that is under attack by a hostile force and ends up helping out the village while making a show that these actions are for "profit" even though that isn't MC's real intention
  • Easily defeats aforementioned threat
  • Goes to a big town and carelessly hands out a unprecedentetly potent potion
  • "Potential harem member" loses control over herself and has to be beaten in battle, during which MC makes a careless mistake that in other circumstances might have caused certain death
  • Orc Diasaster/Ainz: "So this is what pain feels like!"
  • Potential love interests for the MC, one with flat chest and one with big chest, bickering with each other
  • Lawful-Evil superloyal devilish underling
I am sure there is more, but you get the gist.

"Elementals" are "Spirits", right? Since the former is appearenly said in English in the RAWs (in the anime the "Elemental Colossus" was driven by spirits), while the latter are still called þ▓¥Ú£è (seirei), but they seem to be refering to the same thing, so what Rimuru used to summon Megiddo was water elementals/spirits, i.e. Spirit Magic, although the result was called "Physics Magic" by Rimuru.

But wait, there's even more confusion where that came from! The "normal" magic that uses magic circles and the like, e.g. Icicle Lance, is called "Elemental Magic".

So in summary:

• Spirit Magic
    • Spirits = Elementals
  • Physics Magic
    • Application of other sorts of Magic or Magical Techniques to create lethal phenomena that deal damage entirely based on the laws of physics and are therefore unaffected by any sort of anti-magic defenses
  • Elemental Magic
    • "Regular" Magic, e.g. Icicle Lance or Fireball. Usually requires chants and/or magic circles unless possessing something like the Skill Chant Enullment
EDIT: vol. 5 TL is all over the place in regards to magic... I'd have to check the raws, but elemental magic and spirit magic seem to be mixed up TL-wise quite a bit.

Chloe was able to lessen casulties of natural disasters in the Ruminas side-story, but appearently that didn't cause any significant changes in the far future, i.e. it doesn't seem to be possible for any changes to just cause huge butterfly effects (which should have been plently just from several individuals being alive instead of dead) even across centuries.

So it's safe to assume that Fate and/or Causality seems to keep events on track.

Now Rimuru was able to significantly diverge from the previous timeline just by a small action by Chloe. Likewise Chloe didn't seem to give Ruminas any truly relevant information about the future other than the parts Chloe wants to change, and Ruminas deduces from that that Chloe doesn't want any significant changes to occur from telling her that, i.e. Chloe seems be aware that Ruminas would be able to affect/resist Causality and/or Fate, so she only only tells her info about the irrelevant parts of the future and the parts of the future she wants to change.

In other words it's likely that Ruminas and Rimuru got Causality Manipulation and/or Fate Manipulation and/or resistance to it/them.

What do Ruminas and Rimuru have in common?

• Both Demonic in Nature (True Ancestor and Demon Slime)
  • Both True Demon Lords
  • Both Ultimate Skill Holders
The first point aside, would it make sense to give Causality Manipulation and/or Fate Manipulation and/or resistance to it/them based on that to anyone who is a True Demon Lord and Ultimate Skill Holder?

how could these bastards (shogo, kirara, and kyoya) so cruel to tempest denizens... they're really nice to you! for fck sake!ƒÿæ this is really frustrating xD

Razen calls Rimuru a "Disaster threat" in the RAWs. Of course the TL messes it up and changes it to calamity for whatever reason, DESPITE the fact that it literally spells out ÒâçÒéúÒéÂÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝ in the RAWs in that instant, which is literally "di-za-su-taa".

NeoSuperior said:
Razen calls Rimuru a "Disaster threat" in the RAWs. Of course the TL messes it up and changes it to calamity for whatever reason, DESPITE the fact that it literally spells out ÒâçÒéúÒéÂÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝ in the RAWs in that instant, which is literally "di-za-su-taa".
Yeah that irritated the shit out of me. Weirdly I do like Calamity better as it sounds more... Epic if you will. Still yeah, a noticeable flub. Not as bad and jarring as Raphael, Lord of Wisdom or Uriel, Lord of Vows which sound nowhere near as cool as Wisdom King Raphael or Covenant King Uriel.

NeoSuperior said:
I think before we do all the post-harvest festival stuff, we should first concentrate on including the pre-harvest festival additions, which includes Hinata (I feel like the LN was not quite conclusive about whether dead end rainbow is Soul Hax or Death Hax. Furthermore there are Hakurou (some space hax resistance), Geld (the Orc King one, still got no LN profile) and of course Rimuru (Megiddo (partial resistance negation), Mercyless (soul hax), stronger space hax and space hax resistance, anti-magic, Formhide Art). Also possibly some resistance to holy manipulation for all Special A ranks.
Regarding the dead end rainbow, I, now, don't think it's Soul Hax because soul and astral body are differentiated.

"I can't believe it," Hinata whispered. But the surprise was already gone from her face. She was peering intently at me, like an excited scientist making a new discovery. Her Dead End Rainbow skill slashed right into people's spirits—but since it didn't kill me, she understood now that the Glutton had no spirit, no will of its own. It was a soul in its purest form, the origin of the power that lies at the root of man and monster.
A soul is a consciousness, by definition, but that alone didn't provide the consciousness any way to express itself. It still needed an astral body to operate upon and begin the thought process—but that wasn't enough, either, since any thoughts produced would just dissipate into the wind. That's where the spiritual body came in, to record and keep those thoughts captive. Even that was still a virtual memory, though, not any kind of permanent storage—and so we come to thematerial body. If one had enough mental fortitude, they could recover all their memories even if their brain was permanently damaged. The fact that you saw spiritual life-forms among the monsters was proof enough of that. But if the spirit is damaged, that likely wounds the astral body deeply, even if the brain is left intact. If that wound reaches the soul, resurrection is no longer possible. That applied equally to every living thing in this world—from the weakest creatures all the way up to dragons and elemental monsters. By this point, Hinata fully understood what the Glutton was capable of. A sweet smile crossed her face, her piercing eyes shining brightly as she considered her countermeasures. She had lost her rapier now, but not even that seemed to bother her much. And then she removed an amulet from her pocket and threw it at me. "Astral Bind!" A skill that restricted the astral body, the vessel of the soul, instead of the material one. It still couldn't stop the Glutton. Realizing this, Hinata gave me a scornful frown. Before the Glutton, its limbs morphing and transforming in unpredictable ways as it lurched toward her, she showed not a single moment of agitation. If anything, she was still calmly observing me. Through all the Glutton's twists and turns, she kept dodging every attack by mere millimeters. She predicted every move.
~ LN Volume 5: CHAPTER 3 -DESPAIR AND HOPE​
Disintegration still give Hinata's soul manipulation though.

"Let me provide you a prayer to the divine. I hope and desire for the power of the holy spirits. Listen to my appeal and overcome all in your way! Disintegration!!"
The request, delivered in Hinata's beautiful voice, was granted. The resulting show of force was literally divine, enough to crush all physical and spiritual presences within its defined space. It was the ultimate in targeted, destructive magic, emitting flashes of white light as it poured from Hinata's hands to the circle. It sped out at thousands of miles per hour, almost at light speed, as its holy power made cells and souls vanish without a trace. It was more than enough to make the Glutton disappear, not affecting the space around it at all.
~ LN Volume 5: CHAPTER 3 -DESPAIR AND HOPE​

I think dead end rainbow is a powerful mental attack that affects the metaphysical "mind" and has the possibility to deal damage to the soul due to how connected this mind is to the soul from what I read in the LN.

Celestial Pegasus said:
We already concluded it's death hax.
We said that in the CRT that it was subject to changes from the new informations of from LN 5 once it come out. In LN 4, there was a lot of ambiguity and the manga which follows the used the word soul and damage soul which cause confused.

Since we are on the topic, I checked the manga RAWs and it said þ▓¥þÑ×µö╗ or "spiritual attack" (with the katakana next to it spelling out "su-pi-ri-chu-a-ru") in regards to Hinata's attack. It's the same Kanji combination that's in "Resist Spiritual Attack", by the way.

The mistranslation is understandable though since þ▓¥þÑ×µö╗ without any context can also be translated as "Soul Attack" or "Mind Attack".

Actually, it might be worth a shot to check if it's the same thing in the WN, to be honest.

@Elizhaa So what exactly are you proposing? It's not soul hax, and as for it's mind effects, it's really reliant on how slime describes the soul, it causing the death of others has been made pretty clear by the recent info ie souei's one hit kill, shion's odachi etc.

@Celestial Pegasus, I am not proposing anything I stated in the last revision I will bring informations from LN Vol 5 to make a concrete conclusion toward the topic since there were a lot ambiguity and the manga english version seems to have mistranslation. The last time, I, originally, view the ability as Soul Manipulation. So, I brought the informations and it look like it wasn't it.

just finish reading LN volume 14, finally it was revealed that Clayman was under Kondou Tatsuya's mind Domination which led him to his death.

i kinda love how the LN seems intend to make reader believe that Yuuki was the one who plan everything while in truth it was simply Eastern Empire's attempt to destabilize the western country by pitting the Church and Western Council (especially Rozo Family) against Tempest which is backed by Dwarf Kingdom and Millim Nava.

Alfha Robby said:
just finish reading LN volume 14, finally it was revealed that Clayman was under Kondou Tatsuya's mind Domination which led him to his death.

i kinda love how the LN seems intend to make reader believe that Yuuki was the one who plan everything while in truth it was simply Eastern Empire's attempt to destabilize the western country by pitting the Church and Western Council (especially Rozo Family) against Tempest which is backed by Dwarf Kingdom and Millim Nava.
what about yukki ? I heard he got brainwashed by kondou

Well I'll be damned. You can't even fathom how many translation issues there are with the vol. 5 stats (and other things). Many of the resistances used there are completely differently translated compared to Beretta's resistances for vol. 4 as well. At this point just posting anyone's stat page as is feels like feeding people false information. I'll probably cover it in my blog post later, but damn, there are so many mistakes that even I with my measly Japanese Skills where I still even need to look up most hiragana and katana, can easily spot just by using Jisho and GoogleTL a bit.

I am not sure if that'd be allowed, but I'd even consider replacing the currently posted stat pages with edited versions that fixed all the TL issues.

I have to thank you again for providing the RAWs, Doomrider7 else we'd be none the wiser and would probably just consider much of it a "change from WN to LN".

NeoSuperior said:
Well I'll be damned. You can't even fathom how many translation issues there are with the vol. 5 stats (and other things). Many of the resistances used there are completely differently translated compared to Beretta's resistances for vol. 4 as well. At this point just posting anyone's stat page as is feels like feeding people false information. I'll probably cover it in my blog post later, but damn, there are so many mistakes that even I with my measly Japanese Skills where I still even need to look up most hiragana and katana, can easily spot just by using Jisho and GoogleTL a bit.

I am not sure if that'd be allowed, but I'd even consider replacing the currently posted stat pages with edited versions that fixed all the TL issues.

I have to thank you again for providing the RAWs, Doomrider7 else we'd be none the wiser and would probably just consider much of it a "change from WN to LN".
No problem and make sure to link that blog post. What changes if I may ask do you notice? I'll also need to look at somehow getting LN13.5 which is the second info book.

Edit: @Alfha Robby: Pleez no spoils unless marked as such ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back