• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoSuperior said:
I'd still like some more feedback on this:
Also is OK to add Ruby texts to the profiles or not?

Resist Chaotic Attack sounds best, but the issue would be that you'd need to explain what chaotic attacks are. Phonetically it's the best, but for sake of simplicity Holy-Demonic might be best.

Oh right, in case using Rubies is fine, how about one of these?

• Resist ChaosHoly - Demonic Attack
  • Resist ChaosHoly & Demonic Attack

NeoSuperior said:
Oh right, in case using Rubies is fine, how about one of these?
Probably the first one. The second one sounds too much like it's separate. Like I'm fairly certain he's resistant to both of those individually, but I imagine that Chaos means both as a combined force so I think the second one fits that description better.

Well... it doesn't actually say Chaos. It's basically about the "ÞüûÚ¡ö" within the tolerance-type skill ÞüûÚ¡öµö╗µÆâÞÇɵǺ, which I am trying to find suitable expression for. It only got the Kanji, so that by itself is not a reason to call it "Chaos" or "Chaotic". The reason I plan to do so anyway comes from crossreferencing Beretta's "race" in vol. 6 where the "ÞüûÚ¡ö" which is literally "Holy-Demonic" is basically read as "Chaos", like this:

ÞüûÚ¡öõ║║Õ¢óÒé½Òé¬Òé╣ÒâëÒâ╝Òâ½ = Holy-Demonic DollChaos Doll

This pretty much establishes that "Holy-Demonic" or "ÞüûÚ¡ö" is interchangable with the term "Chaos" in Slimeverse, though I'd be careful in some places, like if it concerns True Dragons.

The issue is that vol. 6 doesn't really go into detail about whether Beretta's Unique Skill is a permanent state of being, i.e. being both demonic and holy at the same time, or if it can only "reverse the polarization on will". I think the WN TL went with the latter interpretation. I don't even remember if there was ever any attack that combined holy and demonic attributes into a single attack but it's been a while since I read the earlier parts of the WN. If that isn't there, then the distinction about whether or not holy and demonic are considered seperate wouldn't really matter, right? Though on second thought, if you have to keep watch of always having the correct polarization activated would indeed make it more difficult to handle. If it's the former, on the other hand, then there's not even a need to keep track.

No I don't think so. Shion got it for her Skill Perfect Memory and her memories existing both in her soul and within Rimuru, which was stated during her fight against Clayman. The others don't have that and since Rimuru himself is the "host" of her memories he cannot really replicate that by himself though he should at least be able to copy the "saving memories within the soul" feature through Food Chain... so maybe he can gain the immunity after all, or some mention that mind hax needs to be combined with soul hax to have any effect on Rimuru? Anyway, the other Oni don't have it.

By the way, what is the assumption of AP for an "average adult" in Slimeverse or high-fantasy settings like this in general? I will make a blog post later that will adress the monster ranking system. I finally extracted the relevant parts and combined them with the anime version from the anime-site's keyword page. Since large chunks where identitcal between the anime keyword page and the databook table, I was able to get it into a presentable state. The info is enough to give several AP scaling estimations to different ranks. What I am missing still just which part of the 10-B tier we'd take for an "average adult" in Slimeverse.

• 40 Joules (low-end because "baseline")?
  • 70 Joules (average because it's about "average" adults)?
  • 100 Joules (high-end because it's a high-fantasy setting with considerably more bodily active humans compared to modern society)?

It's an LN feat. IIRC the WN described only the "accumulating memories within Rimuru" part of Perfect Memory's LN version, so it can't be applied to the WN versions.

Burning memories into the soul is, by the way also how Rimuru kept his memories from his previous life (obviously, since he traveled across worlds with only his soul during reincarnation). I think Shion's skill comes from that, so Rimuru should probably be able to replicate that since the skill was probably based on Rimuru's reincarnation in the first place.

Actually Rimuru already got the skills from his subordinates. Remember that Ultimate Skill Uriel is basically the dumping ground for Food Chain. I guess the WN didn't really specify that skills beyond what was said for Uriel initially exists within it, but the LN (vol. 6) brought up that the skills of Rimuru's subordinates are "compiled" within the Law Manipulation aspect of Uriel, so Rimuru already got them. He does NOT have to first replicate them via Food Chain.

Though one might argue whether or not Raphael is "smart enough" to keep Uriel up-to-date with any future gains of Rimuru's subordinates, but it would be rather non-sensical to make such a PIS assumption. I mean even Great Sage was already upgrading Rimuru whenever possible so that much should be taken for granted. The only issue might be in regards to Skills that need a certain amount of training or proficiency, but I think it's save to assume that Rimuru, at least in the LN, should already have all the passive stuff like Perfect Memory (the "saving memories within the soul" aspect of it, i.e. Immunity to Mind Manipulation) or Gabiru's "Change Fate" (Fate Manipulation) and such.

For the LN it's also proven that Food Chain works on Unique Skills too thanks to the case of Beretta's Heavenly Evil Spirit, though perhaps not on Ultimate Skills like Veldora's Faust.

I think he should indeed get Perfect Memory, at least the "saving memories in the soul" aspect of it, escpacially since he already experienced that phenomenom himself once (or rather still got his previous life's memories within his soul) but I think the Food Chain issue might warrant a CRT of it's own at some point. The problem is that we probably have to wait for vol. 7 where several characters finally show off their post-harvest festival skills because for now aside from maybe Benimaru, Shion and Shuna, we didn't see all that much from Rimuru's other subordinates in regards to their new Skills. Rimuru unfortunately cut off Raphael's explanation about one of Gabiru's skills and that skill didn't seem to have been used by Gabiru during the war against claymans forces either, for some reason.

In regards to Rimuru's Blessed in the WN, I don't think it would have given him any further use anyway, since not only did he reach Veldora's AP at that point, but his new race gave him all the perks of True Dragons too.

Instead Veldora should get Blessed. Also all of Rimuru's subordinates he named, both in WN and LN version, should have "Blessed" too.

Apito can negate resistance to soul manipulation.

Japanese fans choose their top 20 fav isekai.

Slime #2, in another world with my smartphone is #4, it's way too high, overlord should be there instead.

That poll doesn't seem credible. Smartphone sales are very insignificant compared to most other isekai. Even Death March's LN got more than 3x the LN sales that Smartphone does, IIRC.

Yea smartphone wasn't even in the top 10 for sales last year:

• 1.ÒÇÇ*,807,693ÒÇÇOverlord
  • 2.ÒÇÇ*,630,889ÒÇÇKono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
  • 3.ÒÇÇ*,626,952ÒÇÇMahouka Koukou no Rettousei
  • 4.ÒÇÇ*,619,031ÒÇÇRe:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
  • 5.ÒÇÇ*,539,277ÒÇÇTensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
  • 6.ÒÇÇ*,478,242ÒÇÇRyuuou no Oshigoto!
  • 7.ÒÇÇ*,426,794ÒÇÇSword Art Online: Progressive
  • 8.ÒÇÇ*,393,949ÒÇÇYoukoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
  • 9.ÒÇÇ*,371,626ÒÇÇSword Art Online
  • 10.ÒÇÇ*,350,960ÒÇÇNo Game No Life
Could just be this sample of ppl just had crap taste.

Don't know about A rank ranging from low 7-C to 7-B, don't remember any 7-B feats from any A ranks.

Guessing it's because Special A starts at 7-A? We have never seen any 7-B feats from A ranks though. Btw 700 megatons would be mountain level+, now that i think about it.

As for B rank, probably gonna need a calc for that, would be good to know what it comes out to seeing as Shuna would scale.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Something I'd like to ask from the Meng Hao vs thread, can I get scans of Imaginary Space being an infinite amount of complex spatial dimensions?
That sounds like massive wank.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Because there are some skills that are missing from a couple profiles, but I'm not sure if all of them really have Magic Sense.
It is linked as Extrasensory Perception. If not present, I do believe the ability could be stated in the Notable Attacks/Techniques like on Rimuru's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back