• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty basic ability, everyone has it and it's listed as extrasensory perception, in terms of everyone having it under their profiles, they should.

The wn the skill is called magic perception though, but pretty sure it might be different translation for the same exact thing, that being magic sense.

Anyway if you wanna add it to every profile, go ahead, all rimuru's subordinates need blessed as a power as well.

@Setsuna Law Manipulation, Shuna can use it to alter reality.

Law Manipulation is just another one of those different translations between the official and fan translation, the skill is called Control Laws by the official translation.

It was also said to be able to make Rimuru engineer all kinds of phenomenon, though the original description we got didn't really make it seem as powerful as it turns out to be, "Black fire and thunder. Magical control. Control of heat quantities and inertia. The ability to freely store and remove heat from the Stomach."

Clearly more than that since it can alter reality, though i could just be wrong and Law Manipulation is different skill from Control Laws, someone would have to check the raw to confirm.

@MRB:
I think Veldora might be Extraordinary Genius (with a lot of Character-Induced Stupidity). Rimuru at some point stated that Veldora is more intelligent than him but I don't know when that is. I think most feats would probably have to be taken from different places for WN and LN though. WN has much more Veldora content translated but LN got Veldora's Slime Observation Journal where he occassionally shows his intellelect when he isn't busy reading the "holy scriptures"Manga from Rimuru's memories, though his ability to take fictional martial arts and turn them into something that's actually practically usable is quite a feat in itself.

@CP:
I checked the Raws and it's indeed the same thing. According to the LN vol. 5 stat pages in the RAWs, It's called µ│òÕëçµôìõ¢£ [Control Laws/Law Manipulation] and the ones who possess it in the LN are Rimuru as part of Ultimate Skill Uriel, Shuna as part of Unique Skill Parser, and Diablo as part of Unique Skill Wise Man (incorrectly listed as Ultimate Skill in vol. 5 translation).

Just as i thought then, but yea the description of Control Laws didn't make it seem like a skill which can alter reality.

I mean that thing is a mystery considering Rimuru's version of it (unclear whether the same applies to Diablo and Shuna) even got the effects of Beretta's Unique Skill Heavenly Demon which undoes any "weaknesses" one might have for having a demonic or holy affinity.

In RPG terms it's like having an undead on whom holy spells only have as much effect as on a human or angel.

Say Neo, when Myulan says that being a Wizard means that you've mastered three types of magic, was that translated correctly? Also, how does Jisho work and can it be used to translate Manga?

Doomrider7 said:
Say Neo, when Myulan says that being a Wizard means that you've mastered three types of magic, was that translated correctly? Also, how does Jisho work and can it be used to translate Manga?
my boy Doomrider7 I was expecting you to come up with another exticing tensura news... *sad

I just noticed something odd: Why does WN Hinata only have "Above Average" Intelligence? Shouldn't she scale to Rimuru (Genius) at least? Escpacially with something like Mathematician?

It was even stated in the WN version during Rimuru's Megiddo attack against the Falmas soldiers, that if Hinata were present, she'd be able to create counter-measures like telling the soldiers to put up physical barriers and, and would have likely survived his attacks, or something to that extent.

To be fair though, many of the intelligence feats for several characters are hidden behind a veil of Character-Induced Stupidity, escpacially for Milim and Veldora.

That is true. At the very minimum, every character that has Info Analysis should have Genius - Extraordinary Genius.

Also, where does everyone get Info Analysis from? I only thought Hinata, Veldora, Rimuru, and Yuuki had analysis skills.

I know some got the inferior version of Great Sage called "Sage" or "Sage EX" or some similar skills like that. Diablo had his Unique Skill Great Wiseman, for example. Milim had her Dragon Eye too. Shuna specifically also specialized on analysis stuff.

Not sure if "higher" is a good idea, escpacially in the earlier keys. Even Rimuru with Raphael who is a information-based Ultimate Skill that even Yuuki who was already 3-A truly craved for, shows just how valuable it actually is. Yet even Raphael only warrants Extraordinary Genius under our current standards, so giving others an equal level to that would a bit questionable.

Just realized: From the anime we can actually calc Rimuru's range with Magic Sense if we:

Use the time between Rimuru noticing the approach of Milim, approximate her flight speed (at least MACH 1, scaling to lowballed Rimuru being able to break the sound barrier at a later point, or faster if it can be calculated as such) and how long it took for Rimuru to arrive at the hill were they first meet by calculating with his hopping speed along the distance on the raod he was, up until the hill he finally arrived at. A reference point is the cliff with a single tree overlooking the city that's shown in both OPs, as well as the "burial scene" of Shizu in EP8, as well as seen in the distance where Milim crash lands.

It's likely that the range grew further after that, but it's always better to have a reference than not to have one, right?

Definitly not. At most I'd provide the information and, as we should, leave it to one of the calc members on this wiki. But I'd like to hear what Elizhaa and CP have to say about it first.

I mean stuff like calculating Rimuru's hopping speed, or the distance to the hill he meets Milim on? As if I could do that! But our resident calc experts appearently can.

Assuming there is no PIS which I believe there is not, I am fine with the upgrade if the speed is calculated.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Shouldn't Yuuki also be listed as 2-B for utilizing the power from Rimuru's Imaginary Space?
Im fairly certain yukki couldn't do a thing from getting devoured by rimuru's metaphysical space, so.. 2b yukki doesn't seem plausible no ?

Shouldn't Yuuki also be listed as 2-B for utilizing the power from Rimuru's Imaginary Space?
Rimuru is Tier 2-B because of Turn Null Skills which was the only skill that Yuuki didn't have as he couldn't analyze it. So, Yuuki shouldn't be 2-B.

Raphael is seen as a big deal by yuuki who is himself a genius, and other characters mostly from what i remember, only have inferior versions of great sage, so at best the others intellect are genius.

The ones with inferior versions of great sage should only be gifted probably.

And no yuuki isn't 2-B, he couldn't use turn null.

I remember somewhere Rimuru had the ability to read minds. Looking to find it.
In chap 4 of WN, it was mentioned that Rimuru telapathically communited with Veldora. In LN, I think it more blatant.

It's strange how the way Veldora able to interfere even if it's just telepathy and able to sense the real world…

Of course, both of us noticed this.

In chapter 6.

I've thought about staying here to practice, but I just can't imagine it right.

I have no choice but to rely on communicating through the mind with "Telepathy".

Chapter 9

Mu? Were the thoughts I attached too strong?
So I guess telepathy is a no go. They'd just be more afraid.

It seems monsters have telepahy.

Can Rimuru use Ultimate Skills with his clones?
For those from Multiple Existence, yes. Prior, in his first and second key, he didn't have an Ultimate Skills.

The only limit is energy requirement and range of control so for demon lord key and True Dragon key, the answer is yes.

Division - Can separate oneself from a being possessing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back