• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Who wins and why? PS-This is Base Thanos and Post Crisis Superman.

Speed equalized.

Thanos, The Mad Tita:11 (TheC2, Schnee One, The Wright Way, Christian Higdon, Totallynotchewbacca, Apatheticskell, ABoogieYesSir, DaBigP, Nedge1000, Xtasyamphetamine, KLOL506)

Superman, The Man of Steel:2 (Hellbeast1, The real cal howard)

5A55769D-BF8B-426B-90A1-DD78089A0CB6

Thanos has a good amount of power here, but Supes has AP IIRC.

Leaning towards the day savings.

Christian Higdon said:
Thanos has a good amount of power here, but Supes has AP IIRC.
Leaning towards the day savings.
I like Superman a lot more than Thanos, but how does he have better AP than Thanos? Or better yet, how does Thanos not instantly hax him into oblivion? It's stated on his profile that Thanos has consistently shown himself to be superior to Silver Surfer and this site agrees that Silver Surfer beats Superman.

Ok. Btw, I plan to make 2 more rounds for Thanos vs Superman after this if youre interested. Round 2 would be Pre-Crisis Superman with the Sword of Superman vs Thanos with the Cosmic Cube. Round 3 would be The Thought Robot/Cosmic Armor Superman vs Thanos with the Heart of the Universe.

I'm gonna state this.

You can't use ABC logic. You can't say Thanos>>Silver Surfer>>Superman.

The reason that Silver Surfer can beat Superman is because:

1. Superman has no actual way to kill Surfer. Surfer can regen from all the damage and even if he couldn't, he can exist and fight without his body while Superman wouldn't even be able to touch him.

2. Surfer has Cosmic Awareness which let's him analyze and know things that he wouldn't otherwise know. He can just look at Superman and instantly know that the Kryptonian gets his powers from Solar Radiation and is weak to Kryptonite Radiation, Red Solar Radiation and Magic.

3. Surfer's hax let's him use his energy and matter manipulation to exploit that Cosmic Awareness.

So, Superman would be up against a guy he can't really kill or incapacitate who can strike at his weakpoints. Surfer wins because of hax and versatility, not because he's just stronger.

In addition, Superman, IIRC, actually has an AP/Dura advantage on Silver Surfer, just not a huge one. Thanos is above Surfer as well, but we don't know how much. So, even if we say Thanos is stronger than Superman, it probably wouldn't be by that much. Also, I believe that Superman is a lot faster than Thanos and Speed isn't equalized.

EDIT: Superman resists most of Thanos' hax, except the Life Manipulation. Problem is, Thanos doesn't know that.

Alright looking at base Thanos' powers again and from what TheC2 said (especially the part where he noted speed wasn't equalised) switching vote to Superman FRA.

So, given everything and taking some time to think, here's what I see:

With Speed Unequalized, Superman blitzes, as pointed about by Schnee One. Superman can literally pummel the Mad Titan to death before he does anything. With the match like that, this can't be added because it's a stomp, sadly.

With Speed Equalized, things get are far more interesting. We can easily say that these two are in the same ballpark for AP/Dura, which means that they have a true slugging match going on here. Both can fly. Superman resists the majority of Thanos' hax but in return I believe that Thanos has the better options for offense and defense.

His energy manipulation lets him counter Superman's heat vision and freeze breath. At the same time, Thanos can also release his energy blasts from his eyes, his hands, his eyes and hands at the same time or in omnidirectional waves of power, which gives him more attack vectors to work with. He also used his energy to just deflect/smack aside other energy attacks. Thanos can also generate forcefields to block energy and physical attacks. Should Thanos pull out the Life Manipulation, he'll drop Superman right then and there. However, that isn't Thanos' go-to response but it does give him a way to just say 'I win', so we count that more like icing on the cake.

However, Superman's level of experience does let him compensate for this to an extent, as he's fought these kinds of opponents before. Hence, Thanos will have to really work at this, but ultimately, he'd bring Superman down after they've wrecked a nice portion of the planet first.

TheC2 said:
With Speed Unequalized, Superman blitzes, as pointed about by Schnee One. Superman can literally pummel the Mad Titan to death before he does anything. With the match like that, this can't be added because it's a stomp, sadly.
Well, Thanos has MFTL+ Reaction and Combat Speed to make up for it.

Psychomaster35 said:
TheC2 said:
Well, Thanos has MFTL+ Reaction and Combat Speed to make up for it.
No, he doesn't. Both may be MFTL+, that doesn't mean they're comparable.

Thanos is comparable to Thor. Thor has a feat that puts him around 48 quadrillion times FTL, IIRC. That's 48,000,000,000,000,000 x FTL.

Superman is comparable to Wonder Woman, who has a speed feat that puts her at:

Lowball: 52,594,876,486,185,656,320 x FTL.

Highball: 315,569,258,917,113,954,000 x FTL

So, Superman is between 1,095.72 and 6,574.35 times faster than Thanos, if my math is correct.

Speed Blitz is the act of one attacking their opponent before they are capable of perceiving or reacting to them. Blitzing is different than outpacing, where a character is simply faster than the other. A blitz is more like an all around outclassing in speed.

^^^

This is what this match right now.

I love how people keep voting 'Superman FRA' after how we shown that the match is completely lopsided as it currently is and, thus, not really something that can or SHOULD be added..

Back