• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

It means that Gloink Queen will returned in Episode 2, which would actually implies that Gloink Queen managed to survived the beating from Abstracted Kaufmo, but dunno how they are gonna deal with their code being damaged by him...
Regeneration maybe? Do you think code could technically be the equivalent of a soul for characters that reside in a game/simulation?

"The Gloink Queen will be the only returning character in episode 2."

What did they mean by this?

This is suspicious.

Gooseworx is a bit of a jokester.

Like, from the 19th, literally 2 days ago:

"Anyway, I'm gonna finally get back to making jokes on twitter instead of talking about my thoughts and opinions.Just like how God intended."

Plus, the closest we've had to confirmation of episode 2 is that Youtube community post where they said "There will be more Digital Circus".
Otherwise, we haven't seen any other official confirmation, so it'd be weird for something this spoilerific to be the verification.

it could also be creator bias:

Gooseworx: "I think "big fat ******* worm" is one of my favorite tropes."

Plus they were recently posting about "ghouls". Seeing if they could still draw one, calling them endangered species, etc. They seem to like stuff many would find at least a little horrific.

But let's give the benefit of the doubt & assume this is real information.

Why would none of the main, most marketable characters return episode 2?

A. There's going to be a massive delay while they design & animate more characters.
This seems unlikely. It's a huge risk/investment, & for someone like Glitch who are all about toyetic types & merchandise marketing.... Not to mention VAs like to have work & neglecting supposed main character VAs....

B. It's a villain/Gloink-centric episode, &/or The Gloink Queen is to have a bigger role.
New villains has the same issue as A, but....
Perhaps it's to introduce what happens when NPCs instead of Humans are exposed to abstraction? Caine did create The Gloink Queen, & we see a Red Gloink get bashed by Abstracted Kaufmo yet seem in-tact, & a Gloink glitching near The Gloink Queen & Jax made Jax go all shifty-eyed.

Incidentally, this brings up the question of Gloinks seemingly unfazed by Kaufmo's attacks, yet being able to be knocked around by the cast. Pain tolerance? Weird physiology? Self-fixing? Damage doesn't show on their bodies? As basically video game NPCs, they likely are curious.

In theory, this could be a neat look into how what Caine makes works, but it'd weird if he didn't appear at all in such an episode.

C. "Returning characters" isn't perfectly transparent language.
IIRC, there's a post from GW about how Caine can change their clothes. Presumably he can change their appearances, too. So maybe we get stuff like an episode where Pomni is her unused protoype frog character design? & then that character design for her doesn't return?

Last edited:
PeepoYes.png

I knew it was a joke (without the context of them saying they'd just return to joking, cause main cast absent?), but it does make me wonder if Gloink Queen will actually return now

Sadly, as said, it's probably going to be a big wait for the next episode, if there is one.

"MURDER DRONES EPISODE 7 & 8 coming Spring 2024
We’re hard at work on the final episodes of Murder Drones Season. With bigger fights, environments, scenes and overall animation we can't wait to show you whats in store 😈"

Glitch Productions is an Australian company. A very optimistic take, combined with Google saying that Australian spring is "Sun, Sep 1, 2024 – Sat, Nov 30, 2024", means they mean Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Say, the USA?

Tue, Mar 19, 2024 – Thu, Jun 20, 2024

A pessimistic perspective says that, at the earliest, Murder Drones 7 &/or 8 happen on like, March 19th, 2024; Despite TADC's popularity, I'd be surprised if it pre-empted Glitch's prior commitment to the long-awaited continuing/concluding of the season of Murder Drones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year
In Australia, a fiscal year is commonly called a "financial year" (FY) and starts on 1 July and ends on the next 30 June.

Ostensibly, Glitch gets money from the Australian government, but I'm not sure what kind of grants/funding is being worked with. Anyone know?

Either way, an Australian Fiscal year would start on July 1st, 2024, right after Spring 2024, so beginning that with new TADC might be their plan, as maddening a wait as that might be.

Last edited:
Gooseworx posted on Tumblr.

Some new... snippets of TADC info came from some of the posts. Going in chronological order.

thatbot1214 asked: Outside of Kinger who is the closest to going insane
GW: You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

(Imaginym's notes: Considering Abstraction seems related to level of sanity, this may be interesting "information".)

alexisonic asked: Hey Gooseworx! Congratz on the Amazing Digital Circus success! You and the team did a great job! :)
I discovered your Youtube channel something like 4-5 years ago through your Undertale covers and then just fell in love with your original songs. Supernova Shakedown, Greeta, General Nausea... to Flash Fire Fever, Spookworx and Gooseworx theme. All bops I enjoy coming back to from time to time, especially (but not exclusively!) the newer ones. I do think they all aged pretty well!
You moved on from those characters, but I was wondering if you like listening to your own music from time to time? Some in particular?
I for example am blessed with the ability to laugh at my own very old jokes, but I cringe at my songs or drawings pretty quickly after I'm done with them. Since you said that you already find all TADC jokes not funny anymore, I'm kinda curious if this is the case for your other pieces.
In any case, good luck and have fun in your creative journey! :)

GW: Nah I don't really ever listen to my own music. I'm usually tired of a song by the time I'm finished making it.

(My notes: The takeaway here is GW supposedly saying she already finds all TADC jokes not funny anymore. & similarly, she tires )

catexplorer0193 asked: Will the characters have any sort of character developments? Like do they get deeper? Particularly scared about Jax because he’s a bitch but he’s a bitch I like and I want him to become a lovable bitch and not just a pest 😭✋

GW: Exploring the characters deeper is really what the show is all about.

Jax is a troubled individual. You'll get to learn all about him someday.

(My notes: The use of the word "someday" makes me wonder if GW expects more episodes & if she knows when they're coming. I presume not, & I presume they're the better part of half a year away. That or GW makes more content about the characters herself later.)

iloveragatha asked: IS THERE A GLOINK KING?????? IS THERE A KINGDOMS OF GLOINKS? Or is there just the gloink Queen!? DO YOU THINK SHE WOULD TASTE LIKE NERDS CANDY ROPES AND LEATHER? I THINK SO….

GW: The Gloink King looks like a normal gloink and dies immediately after mating.

(My notes: Frankly, I'm not sure about if I regret learning that info or not.)

strizzysuff asked: Do the characters get sick if they do what if they vomit like kinger and zooble don't have a mouth 🤔

GW: life finds a way

(My notes: Again, info that I'm unsure if I regret learning about it or not.)

mkhaddan asked: What is everyone’s sexualities?

GW: It's true.

(My notes: Considering GW has previously expressed what seems like indifference &/or open-ness to how the characters are shipped & portrayed in fan works, but has also done a Twitter post implying the characters lack some reproductive organs, this is either another of GW's own preference reaffirmations, or I assume this indicates the cast has a capacity for romance. Might be plot relevant. From a versus relevancy standpoint, though, this doesn't matter for much except maybe... Empathic Manipulation I guess? Is Love Manipulation a thing?)

klownkitties asked: If I gave jax a unholy amount of praise would he still bully me ?

GW: That would only confuse and frighten him.

(My notes: Potentially relevant behavioural information.)

GW, AKA, Gooseworx, says a lot of things, much of which implies they have a personal interest or fondness for Jax. Other than that as a reason, why do you posit that Jax is closest to going insane?

A gut feeling and the fact that he's the most sane looking guy out of the entire group. Simple really, if the person that's on the verge of going insane is the one you least expect. That guy would be Jax. Troublemakers also tend to be a good front to hide that kind of stuff.

A gut feeling and the fact that he's the most sane looking guy out of the entire group. Simple really, if the person that's on the verge of going insane is the one you least expect. That guy would be Jax. Troublemakers also tend to be a good front to hide that kind of stuff.
But what if that line of thought is just what GW is expecting?

alright what happened since VSBW stopped sending me notifications
So, in a TL;DR:
  1. TADC's characters are basically being upgraded via scaling to Ragatha who survived a beating from Kaufmo, with the rating being "9-C, possibly 9-A" but uh.. seeing the thread, don't see how it will go well.
  2. Harley VS Pomni's sprite animation was posted here
  3. We gonna have to wait for a LONG time for episodes to come out.
  4. The height of the characters were removed from the TADC's wiki due to lack of source, @StretchSebe has suffered through the making of Jax's height, then @TheShape03 created some new heights for the characters
  5. Everyone argeed that Gangle is best girl
That's all I can recall.

Just discussing the QnA
As well as what Gooseworx posts on Tumblr.

I put it in collapsible spoilers because verbatim Tumblr posts quoted can be quite lengthy, even in plaintext, & I worry people wouldn't like scrolling that much.
The in-line spoilers was because GW implied something about who could be next for a certain thing.

If you don't wanna try to read it all, I could try to give you details on some of the more interesting stuff that came of GW's Tumblr & Twitter if you want.

Though, due to current IRL commitments, I might be delayed in creating such a summary.
  1. TADC's characters are basically being upgraded via scaling to Ragatha who survived a beating from Kaufmo, with the rating being "9-C, possibly 9-A" but uh.. seeing the thread, don't see how it will go well.
& also maybe Pomni because she survived getting knocked aside by Abstracted Kaufmo & seemed unharmed by it?
  1. Harley VS Pomni's sprite animation was posted here
  2. We gonna have to wait for a LONG time for episodes to come out.
  3. The height of the characters were removed from the TADC's wiki due to lack of source, @StretchSebe has suffered through the making of Jax's height, then @TheShape03 created some new heights for the characters
GW also clarified Caine's height as "shourt".

"Concept art not previously posted. Some of the tent layout ended up pretty different from this, but still still thought it'd be neat to share."

Notably, all 3 images use Pomni size as a point of reference, although, I find it a bit ambiguous, & it doesn't help that this is unused concept art; What good is knowing Pomni is a point of scale for an environment when that environment is unused & the used version is different?

Is it just me or does the Gloink Queen remind me a lot of the Sandworms from Beetlejuice 😂
I highly doubt that it is coincidence. I can remember at least one recent post from Gooseworx mentioning an interest in big worms.

For example:

Similarly, GW has said:
"I love throwing in as many references as I can to my obscure 70s hyperfixations."

So I could totally & readily believe GW just throws in stuff that they like into the shows.

Heck, IIRC, while I don't remember if Jax was added onto the cast, I recall reading that GW's instinct was to get someone to do a Spamton from Deltarune impression... then figured out they could just get the guy who did the Spamton voice, & did, GW asked him if he could do a Raggedy Andy impression -Because GW is a big fan of that-, he said yes, & tweaked it to be a bit more jerkish for Jax.

Also, while searching for that 2nd post, I found this:

Apparently, when Pomni swears, it is not actually her voice actor, Lizzie Freeman, doing that voice work! Not very relevant, but interesting, I'd think!

Gooseworx did more Tumblr posts.
Putting in collapsible spoilers because they'd take up a lot of space uncollapsed.

republicsglory asked: could you wrap gangle around a christmas tree like tinsel

GW: You could, and she'd just let it happen.

oneandonlyravioli asked: Me and my friends were discussing this

Can the tadc characters trip balls theoretically

GW: You'll have to wait and see.

nickluvss asked: Hey Goss, Can you give us a little spoiler for the first episode?

GW: Kaufmo abstracted

(Imaginym's note: Interesting that they consider that a "spoiler", lol. I wonder if it'll be relevant if we get an episode 1 that's not a pilot....)

grey-cores asked: Are there any concept drawings of the characters' rooms that you can show us?

GW: You'll probably see all their rooms eventually.

(Notes: I wonder if GW isn't allowed to reveal such info? Either way, "probably" sounds uncertain.)

acethatlovesdinos asked: What is Bubble's pronoun(s)

My friend and I guess that bubble simply ate all of them

GW: special/boy

thatonemacaronikid asked: So I noticed that Queenie is a black chess piece while kinger is a white chess piece, does this have any relevancy to the characters relationship or am I just looking into it too much?

GW: nah it doesn't, just a design choice.

(Note: I'm surprised GW took a stance on something that seems primarily like fandom-related shipping & stuff. Surely this isn't that significant? So why did they answer such a question as they did...?)

rosy-eyedsweetpea asked: Can we know something about Ragatha, a little fun fact about her? ●-●

GW: She likes horses.

(Note: Ragatha opponent basis, lol?)

mintykiwi asked: Is Zooble related to Elaine or any other bounty hunter?

GW: Nah Zooble's a human, Elain is a pink city shape person.

(Note: Surprising they'd call Zooble a "human", but I guess this is an allusion to/confirmation for Zooble being human outside of The Amazing Digital Circus's programming, like Pomni is? Because unless they're talking about mentally, I'm uncertain how anything physically like TADC Zooble could be called "human".)

shyrnons-ghost asked: Out of all the humans trapped in the circus, who is the worst at cooking?

GW: Pomni

(Note: It'll be amusing &/or interesting if this refers to "cooking" in the slang sense of stuff like, you know... planning, presenting... thinking....)

Hopefully this new info proves at least interesting, whether it's useful or not.

Last edited:

research

"finding reference for my animators"

Considering TADC's Lead Animator, Kevin Temmer, worked on Ice Age, I wonder what this will be used as reference for.
Honestly, I could believe Gooseworx just likes Scrat's style & wants to use them as reference for how a character might animate or emote in a scene.

Here's a fun video on the Digital Circus score featuring an interview with
@Geocranium
if you wanted to know more about the MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSIC.

IDK if the interview is of consequence, but might be interesting.

Last edited:
Iirc, there was a Tumblr post about a question about "Besides Pomni, who was the one who did not react well upon arriving the Digital Circus?" and Gooseworx responding with "The purple rabbit/bunny one" which, the only rabbit one, is Jax (I could get a few wordings wrong but this is what I exactly remembered)

Jax's Character is much deeper than we might expected.

Also-

Iirc, there was a Tumblr post about a question about "Besides Pomni, who was the one who did not react well upon arriving the Digital Circus?" and Gooseworx responding with "The purple rabbit/bunny one" which, the only rabbit one, is Jax (I could get a few wordings wrong but this is what I exactly remembered)

Jax's Character is much deeper than we might expected.

Also-

Did you see a link to that post in any TADC thread on these VSBW forums?

Around December 17th & 18th, Gooseworx answered a few... dozen questions.

I'm interested in posting about lots of these, but I think there's enough that other folks should have SOMETHING to say on AT LEAST ONE OF THEM even if I don't end up posting about them.

No, there’s just not much that’ll be useful for Vs Threads
Eh, I guess, but I still find the stuff interesting, & hope other people, too. In part because I enjoy just discussing stuff.
Plus, it's important to document things like weaknesses, limitations & behaviour, too.

For the sake of brevity, I'll try to summarize or post only conclusions.
When asked if Kinger knows how to play chess, GW said "He does.".

Caine is based off of AM(IHNMAIMS) & Four(BFB), & GW says they thought Alex Rochon's Spamton voice would be a good fit for him.

deminiicreates asked: are you excited to scare off the brain dead youtube kids channels with the episodes after the pilot? :3

GW: I don't think I can scare them off.

(GW has said before they don't consider TADC to be scary....)

Plus, GW also recently said "it will be approximately 50% goofs and 50% angst".

(So will future TADC be not very scary?)

To me, this feels like a dismissal by saying it could happen in theory, specifying that it's where ANYTHING could happen. Anything when including theory tends to implicate even possibilites that might be considered absurd.
Ergo, Jax will not "befriend" anyone?

jumpyymontyy asked: Why does Jax mainly bullies the girls
https://www.tumblr.com/gooseworx/737012702084579328/why-does-jax-mainly-bullies-the-girls-ive-been
I've been noticing that
https://www.tumblr.com/gooseworx/737012702084579328/why-does-jax-mainly-bullies-the-girls-ive-been
GW: He has issues he hasn't worked out with himself yet.

GW posts a picture of Ragatha with a knife in her head (Not new content, technically.) with "You'll have to wait & see" in the image when asked who Pomni's best friendship/ relationship will be with.
Implications?

No ships are canon. Yay!

You could theoretically "scare jax by putting a corn on the cob behind him when he’s not looking in the same way that ppl do w/ cucumbers for cats".

The pockets of Jax's overalz [sic] contain mulch.

notanerdyprude asked: who is mosy likely to punt jax into the abyss at any given moment

GW: Zoob

GW says that if they could press a button to drop the TADC pilot from 100M views to 10M or 20M views, they don't think Glitch would like it, but they would.
Tragic.
GW claims to have gotten hundreds of new asks in the past few minutes.
(Personally, I'm surprised; That'd be like, a new ask every second or two.)

GW says Bubble is a boy

kathy08 asked: Do you think Pomni can be abstracted or is on the verge of abstraction at some point in the series?

GW: You guys are always asking for the biggest spoilers.
(Interesting that that's a matter that could be considered spoilery.)

Ragatha can play the cello and Zooble can play drums

If a character pulled on Jax's ears as hard as they could, it would hurt. (Lol, obviously.)

GW likes Bubble the least. GW also voices Bubble, IIRC.

The sun in TADC is a reference to the sun Raggedy Anne & Andy. GW shares some unused concept art.

They have skeletons only when they're getting electrocuted. (As opposed to being "made of rubber with no bones" as questioner decentsoupperson proposes.)

secretmelodia asked: how many parts does zooble actually have, whether that be in their room or just in general?
https://www.tumblr.com/gooseworx/737044049798840320/how-many-parts-does-zooble-actually-have-whether
GW: The Zooble box has no end.

(I wonder what that will imply for what kinds of Natural Weaponry/Regeneration Zooble could have.)

When asked for dialogue from the next episode, GW said:
"...huh?"-Pomni

Episode 2 confirmed?

VSBW relevant conclusions:
Kinger knows how to play chess.
Ragatha can play cello, Zooble can play drums.
Scaring Jax with corn -He had a fear of it mentioned- placed behind him like a cat with a cucumber is theoretically possible.
Jax's overall's pockets contain mulch. (I'd say better than nothing or not knowing. Standard Equipment.)
On Jax befriending others, GW says it's theoretically possible. Another post points out Jax has unresolved issues. (Might be relevant in Social Influencing scenarios.)
If Jax's ears were pulled on, it would hurt.
The characters only have skeletons when getting electrocuted.
GW says "The Zooble box has no end" when asked about how many parts Zooble actually has.

Back