• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

So set theory is has gone that far from their throne?

The whole point of the set of all sets is that technically it is the biggest number.
Are we trying to trade math the bedrock for every other part of the tiering system for philosophy at the very end?

The problem is that I believe Chinese verses disqualify themselves by making all their levels of existence accessible via some amount of hierarchical ascendance.

Like, the "Dao," as a lone concept, most likely qualifies for Tier 0 in the same way I think the Monad, Form of Good, Brahman, Supreme Ultimate Reality, and etc... would also be Tier 0.

But Xianxia often has characters become one with the Dao, or even "transcend" the Dao, which disqualifies it.
Journey to the west. Characters were they reach "absolute omnipotence"

The whole point of the set of all sets is that technically it is the biggest number.
Are we trying to trade math the bedrock for every other part of the tiering system for philosophy at the very end?
I assume you mean class of all sets because nobody likes Russel's Paradox.
The class of all sets is not "the biggest number". It's not a number at all... and there is no such thing as a "biggest number" in Set Theory.

Yes.
No it isn't. The point of it is to highlight a paradox. And in finding a way to avoid that paradox (defining classes; something which can hold sets but aren't sets), we can find an endless series of yet larger constructs. After the class of all sets, we can have the conglomerate of all classes, the collection of all conglomerates, and so on ad infinitum.
Yes, that is explicitly the goal of the people leading the revision.
We stop waffling.

what do we do for characters that are unbound by any hierarchy whatsoever, all-encompassing, cannot be reduced or fractured, formless in nature and beyond human comprehension, preceding and exceeding all dualities and polarities, all of them equal in power being absolute in the most literal sense, as there is nothing to limit, restrict, restrain, confine, disturb or condition them, are subject to no other power, for there is no other power, and all stem from the unique primordial sea of conceptual essence, the origin of all things
but this kinda doesnt qualify for tier 0 due to a few things
unknown tier since said character is featless

where would transcending the dual conceptual platonic concept of the supreme monadic ultimate god scale
They don't even fit on the tiering system. They are so weak that we'd need a tier thats bigger than infinity. They get no concept of diffed by a tier 11-C character. They would be banned from the wiki because they are so weak they are nowhere close to being worth making a profile out of. They are the weakest character in all of fiction PERIOD. Even anya solos

They don't even fit on the tiering system. They are so weak that we'd need a tier thats bigger than infinity. They get no concept of diffed by a tier 11-C character. They would be banned from the wiki because they are so weak they are nowhere close to being worth making a profile out of. They are the weakest character in all of fiction PERIOD. Even anya solos
fax fax no cap

Ok fine

I haven't read the thing so idk, Somewhere in tier 1 tho
they already transcend a High 1-A verse and unbound by any hierarchy my problem is that they wouldnt qualify for tier 0 because of a few things, so all that stays is High 1-A+ and that seems like a weird ass tier to give them

they already transcend a High 1-A verse and unbound by any hierarchy my problem is that they wouldnt qualify for tier 0 because of a few things, so all that stays is High 1-A+ and that seems like a weird ass tier to give them
Oh, if they are High 1-A but arent 0 according to you then they'd just stay at High 1-A. High 1-A+ sounds a lil goofy, but that's true for most tiers. If the mods let you then that'd be fine, but i don't know if +'s can be used on tier 1's tho

tier 0 is fodder to Gokuversal tier
ED5WtRQVUAAlkB_.jpg

Back