• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

You forgot to quote the post where I put the quotes.

Ironic.
Lynieryz rn:
hqdefault.jpg

Find it a bit sad that DT immediately switches his target to go for low hanging fruit.

It does seem like a desperate attempt to mischaracterize Ultima in hopes of quickly changing the opinions of staff members before he has the chance to actually explain what's being targeted.

At least, that's how I see it. I definitely see where Ultima is coming from on the thread.

Find it a bit sad that DT immediately switches his target to go for low hanging fruit.

It does seem like a desperate attempt to mischaracterize Ultima in hopes of quickly changing the opinions of staff members before he has the chance to actually explain what's being targeted.

At least, that's how I see it. I definitely see where Ultima is coming from on the thread.
Seems like he's trying to filibuster this the same way he spent months filibustering Ultima's Marvel Revisions.

Ultima or a staff member should just force a final staff vote to end this once and for all.

I put it the way I did, because that's how I understood it and for no other reason. The same way Ultima explained my arguments the way he understood them when he asked people to comment on them.
You forgot that what you are referring to not only doesn't change that you are LYING when you say "without any feats" but also proves that what you said["WITHOUT ANY FEATS"] is a lie, Is this ironic too?
The way Ultima explained it, it sure sounded like he didn't intend to require feats beyond a solid description of the nature, especially since that was what I was asking about. That Tier 0 transduality related explanation of him was several replies down on my attempt to get a straight answer from him to the question
So you say that you literally suggest an omnipotence tier for any characters stated to be logically omnipotent in a not explicitly contradicted way, which they can land at without any feats, which automatically makes them superior to everyone else?
So yeah, I presented it like I understood it. As a yes to that question. Quite frankly, I don't understand why he didn't just answer that question with a clear "no" if feats are always required.

Seems like very big changes are happening soon. Idk what changes they will be cuz I ain’t readin allat but Goodluck.

Random question: if this CRT passes, would reality > fiction transcendence also give additional abilities like, say, Acausality (probably type 5) and Transduality? As those characters would be qualitatively superior to the lower reality's causality and duality systems.

More like relevant to your layer of reality rather than comparisons made between what is real and what is fictional and what can be derived from that.

Random question: if this CRT passes, would reality > fiction transcendence also give additional abilities like, say, Acausality (probably type 5) and Transduality? As those characters would be qualitatively superior to the lower reality's causality and duality systems.
Yep,pretty much. Im pretty sure ultima said td on its own might also grant 1-A

i think that’s in reference to transduality type 2 ?(nvm I’m still stuck at the old transduality page, the change was unnecessary ngl)

Abusing that everyone's talking about Transduality...

May I ask why TD is just Nonduality plus a "qualitative" (current meaning, not what Ultima clarified) superiority? Thing is that this isn't something worth noting as to a character of the same "qualitative" size the other character in question doesn't have Nonduaity to begin with.
Stuff like being immune to "inferior" stuff is already covered by the Resistance page per some changes I've made regarding smurf abilities, so this just comes off as misleading and redundant.

Abusing that everyone's talking about Transduality...

May I ask why TD is just Nonduality plus a "qualitative" (current meaning, not what Ultima clarified) superiority? Thing is that this isn't something worth noting as to a character of the same "qualitative" size the other character in question doesn't have Nonduaity to begin with.
Stuff like being immune to "inferior" stuff is already covered by the Resistance page per some changes I've made regarding smurf abilities, so this just comes off as misleading and redundant.
Let’s just start that nonduality is a fake power.

No. The lower levels cannot affect the higher levels no matter what and will never be put in a battle with them.

Expect to see a lot of 1-A characters with zero feats and almost no abilities.

Why was it even changed lmao
IDk Fujiwara wanted to make a niche barrier for qualitative superiorty and unbound by dual systems which is kinda redundant to play a semantics train over "exist outside and independently of" vs "transcendent"

I don't think you guys understood what I've asked.
I mean characters of higher reality should be completely immune to any abilities of lower reality(unless maybe there is some explanation or some smurf power), otherwise its an anti-feat.
But giving abilities like Acausality 5 or Transduality by default seems a bit odd to me

Just prove that someone is beyond the duality and that's enough for the QS requirement of ND Type 2.

....which ultimas version of 1-a covers.
also thats TD
I mean, people are complaining about the unnecessary requirement of QS on ND page, when you simply need proof that outside of dualities + superiority or beyond dualities statements.

"Nonduality is a fake power"

This is the same energy as saying that something can't be aspatial without being transcendent of space.

Which is, blatantly wrong. Abstracts aren't inherently transcendental to the reality they exist in.

In the same way, you can exist independently of certain concepts and dualities without transcending them.

Crazy take.

No that is not what will happen. Ultima's proposal will result in some Low 1-C's getting upgraded to 1-A.
That will happen. The very basis on this change is that the lower level is equivalent to nothing.

All attacks and abilities by default will not work on beings in the higher level. There is no point in giving them resistances to any lower level abilities when they are going to be immune to them by default.

"Nonduality is a fake power"

This is the same energy as saying that something can't be aspatial without being transcendent of space.

Which is, blatantly wrong. Abstracts aren't inherently transcendental to the reality they exist in.

In the same way, you can exist independently of certain concepts and dualities without transcending them.

Crazy take.
Oh don’t get me wrong. I think its fake for entirely different reasons. I am against transduality too.

Back