• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

Okay so we have 8-5 now, 3 vote advantage in favor of deletion. If this thread ends now, would this be enough to proceed with verse deletion?
9-5. And it won't end now, but yes, this would probably be considered conclusive if this is all the votes that end up falling in. It won't be, though. There's a number of staff talking behind the scenes and several that have interacted with the thread but not voted one way or the other. Give it a day or two.

It might as well be the FC/OC/SCP wiki if it was added. None of our staff or members seem to want it there either. And we aren't obligated to, so I'm good on that
SCP-173 came from a four chan post and all other parts of scp are derivative of either it or each other. Meaning all should technically fall under the definition of fan fiction except scp-173's original article.

I'm ngl SCP is what got me into scaling in the first place so I feel pretty sad to see it go. Let's hope it lives on in the RPC/SCP/Holders/Backrooms Battles wiki or something

Dragon Ball is dystopian??
So many planetary genocides that only 28 worlds in the main universe are left with life. A childish god could and would snap his fingers to unmake reality at the pettiest slight. If you are human (not a magic alien) you can never train hard enough to stop some monster like Cell or Buu from eating you alive. Dragon soul!

So many planetary genocides that only 28 worlds in the main universe are left with life. A childish god could and would snap his fingers to unmake reality at the pettiest slight. If you are human (not a magic alien) you can never train hard enough to stop some monster like Cell or Buu from eating you alive. Dragon soul!
If the criteria for "Dystopian" is "Malicious individuals that could destroy the world/reality on a whim exist and most people can do nothing to stop them", it would be easier to list the verses on this wiki that AREN'T dystopian.

Me celebrating the erasure of hundreds of hours of work (Im completly indifferent to SCP even on VSB but seeing it get deleted is just cinema)

Ong

I used to like SCP a lot back in the day. My favorite canon/storyline was the on going war between the mekhane and yaldabaoth faction, how many stories tried to give nuance to the conflict beyond "Yaldabaoth seems pretty demonic, obviously evil!" There was this one tale about a Foundation researcher going to a village where people worshipped the god, and was unironically surprised how ultimately just people with their own beliefs. In particular, my favorite story is the one where Yaldabaoth gives his own perspective of how he sees the entire conflict with Mekhane, it's legitimately touching. I recommend a read for anyone interested, the tale is called "A Life that Was Simple"

But after the SCP-001 profile where the Scarlet King got basically reduced to just another conceptual entity, I became pretty disillusioned with the site.

Besides that, at this point I see SCP as a giant parody on this wiki. So it's pretty funny to me that it's likely to get deleted this time around, though have great sympathy for the supporters and their work throughout the years.

IMG_4801.webp

I feel that it's worth acknowledging what the (self-proclaimed, at least) author for Journey through the Afterlife had to say. Ever since I read the page I believed it was written with the intent of powerscaling, though I believe that it was centered more towards CSAP's tiering system than VSBW, and based on what I've read, that seems to be true.
image.png

l2yiDjc.png

So while it seems that the particular article wasn't written with VSB in mind, it was written with battleboarding in mind, which should've seemed clear to anyone who actually read through it. The article went out of its way to attach Platonism to the story, which, while not entirely unique or problematic on its own, leads to a more concerning outcome when paired with the rest of it. The story describes the platonic concepts as "governing even the archetypal concepts of space and time". The use of the phrase "archetypal" is worth noting because there had previously been arguments in the CSAP community on what type of "concepts" are impressive, with many arguing that they have to be considered "archetypal". Even still, that doesn't do much but show correlation between the concepts in the story and proper platonic forms, as if to communicate "Yeah, it's THAT kind of platonic concept". What's concerning is that the article goes out of its way to then state that although Plato's theory of forms was accurate, it then decides to completely bastardize it and describe the world of forms as being the first among an infinitely layered structure, with each layer considering the ones below them as nothing more than shadows. This is almost exactly what 1-S is looking for, given that it's meant to be "High 1-A but the process is repeated infinitely many times", and platonic concepts are very commonly regarded as a sort of shortcut to 1-A in the community (High 1-A when including the Good in there).

I feel that it's worth acknowledging what the (self-proclaimed, at least) author for Journey through the Afterlife had to say. Ever since I read the page I believed it was written with the intent of powerscaling, though I believe that it was centered more towards CSAP's tiering system than VSBW, and based on what I've read, that seems to be true.
image.png

l2yiDjc.png
We're cooked.

Back