• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Disastrous Calcs of Saiki K.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
So, as a follow up on my last thread, I have some calcs with problems I wish to address. (It sure is convenient how easy wordplay with the title is lol)

Typhoon moving​

This calc.
For a start, not sure why this is considered LS. I find it rather unlikely that he grabbed the air, instead of just him doing an arm movement while he uses his telekinesis to move the storm.

Anyway, the main issue with this calc is... canon. Honestly, I should have mentioned it in my prior thread, but I kinda thought the calc used the manga version at the time.
Simply speaking, it uses an anime scene in which Saiki disperses the Typhoon. That is not what happens in the manga.
myspmVh.jpg
If you look at the map on the bottom left of the page, you see that what Saiki did in the manga is actually to redirect the typhoon, not just disperse it on the spot the way it happens in the anime.
As our canon page says
n addition a tertiary canon will be allowed. The tertiary canon consists of official adaptations not overseen by the author, which do not modify or contradict source material. When other source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that contradict the tertiary canon in the depiction of the feat, the others take precedence.
I.e. since the anime modifies the feat, this does not apply for the tertiary canon rule. As the anime is otherwise non-canon, the calc can not be used.

Saiki flies around the planet​

This calc.
Long story short, the old version was correct, this one isn't.
Why? Simple, the old version uses the on-screen speed, with the distance scaled from that.
Meanwhile, the new version uses as distance the distance between starting and end point. The reason that is a problem is cinematic time. The timeframe used includes two cuts, which cause us to not actually see the start and the arrival. I.e. the timeframe does not cover all the distance flown.

To that comes I'm fairly sure the timeframe is wrong? Like, it says the anime runs at 25 fps. Can't confirm that, but let's assume that's alright.
13 frames at 25 fps is 13/25 = 0.52s not 0.0052s.
In fact 1 frame at 25 fps is 0.04s, which is still longer than the timframe used.

Cloud dispersal​

This one.
Honestly, I'm not sure why it's even listed on the page when the only comment on it is mine and I clearly rejected it.

Meteor Feat​

This one.

First: This is not a good scaling of the meteor. What this actually scales is its glow / fireball, not the rock itself. That is inflating the meteor's size.
Like, honestly, this calc predicts it to be 928km big, but then seconds before from another perspective it looks like this.
Arguably, the shot might also show it more in the foreground rather than on the horizon.

In addition... it just doesn't apply to Saiki's stats. The calc assumes for no reason at all that Saiki cancel's out the meteor's KE.
But we never see how Saiki stops it. He could have fragmented it. He could have reversed its time by 1 year. He could have reality warped it out of existence. Or he could have dealt with it the same way he dealt with the super vulcano: Just teleport it to a different location in space.
That a creative and hax character like Saiki stopped the meteor specifically by cancelling out its KE is a completely arbitrary guess.

So, as a follow up on my last thread, I have some calcs with problems I wish to address. (It sure is convenient how easy wordplay with the title is lol)

Typhoon moving​

This calc.
For a start, not sure why this is considered LS. I find it rather unlikely that he grabbed the air, instead of just him doing an arm movement while he uses his telekinesis to move the storm.

Anyway, the main issue with this calc is... canon. Honestly, I should have mentioned it in my prior thread, but I kinda thought the calc used the manga version at the time.
Simply speaking, it uses an anime scene in which Saiki disperses the Typhoon. That is not what happens in the manga.
myspmVh.jpg
If you look at the map on the bottom left of the page, you see that what Saiki did in the manga is actually to redirect the typhoon, not just disperse it on the spot the way it happens in the anime.
In part Saiki needed enough LS to be able to move the typhoon.

Because if his LS had been lower Saiki would not have been able to affect the trajectory of the typhoon.

And if the problem is that it uses the anime scene:

A typhoon arrives up to 1000 Miles or 1609.34km

Use the volume of a cylinder:

3.0512427e+16kg
Density of air is 1.225 kg/m^3

3.7377723e+16kg

Assuming that the typhoon went beyond its radius (804.67km) and that it took Saiki 5 seconds to move the typhoon

804670/5= 160934m/s

KE: 160934^2*0.5*3.7377723e+16= 4.8403688e+26J or 115.687 Petatons (Multi-Continent Level)

Cloud dispersal​

This one.
Honestly, I'm not sure why it's even listed on the page when the only comment on it is mine and I clearly rejected it.
Technically, you marked an error and I corrected it, after I corrected it you didn't comment again.

In addition... it just doesn't apply to Saiki's stats. The calc assumes for no reason at all that Saiki cancel's out the meteor's KE.
But we never see how Saiki stops it. He could have fragmented it. He could have reversed its time by 1 year. He could have reality warped it out of existence. Or he could have dealt with it the same way he dealt with the super vulcano: Just teleport it to a different location in space.
That a creative and hax character like Saiki stopped the meteor specifically by cancelling out its KE is a completely arbitrary guess.
About this, I would like to point out that at that time Saiki was just recovering his powers so he was not at full strength.

Rw: Wouldn't that be to OOC? Saiki has only used it 1 time in the series.

Restoration: As I said I had just recovered so it was not at 100%.

Teleportation: He had recently teleported so he had not yet passed his 3-minute cooldown. Besides he would not have needed to leave his house, he could only send it to another universe.

In part Saiki needed enough LS to be able to move the typhoon.

Because if his LS had been lower Saiki would not have been able to affect the trajectory of the typhoon.
The problem is this is listed as him doing it physically, when he definitely used telekinesis for this, not just his physical strength.
And if the problem is that it uses the anime scene:

A typhoon arrives up to 1000 Miles or 1609.34km

Use the volume of a cylinder:

3.0512427e+16kg
Density of air is 1.225 kg/m^3

3.7377723e+16kg

Assuming that the typhoon went beyond its radius (804.67km) and that it took Saiki 5 seconds to move the typhoon

804670/5= 160934m/s

KE: 160934^2*0.5*3.7377723e+16= 4.8403688e+26J or 115.687 Petatons (Multi-Continent Level)
Doesn't work. First, the timeframe assumption is unjustified. We have no idea over which time the hurricane takes the predicted course.
To that comes the movement of it is not caused by Saiki. Or at least not by him alone. He redirected the storm. But it's a storm, it moves on its own.
For reference, the exact same kind of course prediction map has been used in a weather report to show the predicted path of the storm a few page before Saiki messed with it.
Technically, you marked an error and I corrected it, after I corrected it you didn't comment again.
You would still need to get it approved by someone first.

Anyway, had not even noticed you changed it.
I get another cloud mass than you. At a glance, I think you forgot to half the diameter when you did pi*r^2 for the cloud area, but I'm not sure since you didn't write down the calculation you did.
I don't think we really multiply the mass with 1.003 either, not that it makes much of a difference.
And, if I don't get something backwards in my head right now, I believe this feat would use the 1/12 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)^2 formula, not the 1/4 one.
About this, I would like to point out that at that time Saiki was just recovering his powers so he was not at full strength.
Which doesn't matter? That does in fact make him using hax over raw power more likely.
Rw: Wouldn't that be to OOC? Saiki has only used it 1 time in the series.
No, it's not OOC, because he will use any method he has available to save the planet. If he can't stop something with telekinesis, then he will use another method. He wouldn't just let the planet die if he otherwise couldn't perform the feat.

And writing this made me realize that it's weird that this is in his key with limiter, as he is in fact not wearing his limiter in that scene.
Restoration: As I said I had just recovered so it was not at 100%.
And, again, why would him not being at full power make his telekinesis more usable than his other powers, if all of them are related to his power?
Teleportation: He had recently teleported so he had not yet passed his 3-minute cooldown. Besides he would not have needed to leave his house, he could only send it to another universe.
We do not know how long between that and him engaging the meteor, because we do not see him engage it.

And Saiki gets close to things to teleport. See the time he teleported the vulcano. Literally stood right above it and teleported it. So yeah, would absolutely not surprise me that he flies into the sky to do that.

None of that addresses the scaling problem either.

The problem is this is listed as him doing it physically, when he definitely used telekinesis for this, not just his physical strength.
Saiki if he had used telekinesis would not have needed to move from the airport, with telekinesis Saiki has an Interstellar range. Plus he wouldn't have to move his arms
Doesn't work. First, the timeframe assumption is unjustified. We have no idea over which time the hurricane takes the predicted course.
A better timeframe would be 6 minutes since Saiki teleported to the typhoon and then returned to the airport.
To that comes the movement of it is not caused by Saiki. Or at least not by him alone. He redirected the storm. But it's a storm, it moves on its own.
For reference, the exact same kind of course prediction map has been used in a weather report to show the predicted path of the storm a few page before Saiki messed with it.
I'm sorry but I didn't understand you, you say that Saiki moved the typhoon but he didn't move it?
You would still need to get it approved by someone first.

Anyway, had not even noticed you changed it.
I get another cloud mass than you. At a glance, I think you forgot to half the diameter when you did pi*r^2 for the cloud area, but I'm not sure since you didn't write down the calculation you did.
I don't think we really multiply the mass with 1.003 either, not that it makes much of a difference.
And, if I don't get something backwards in my head right now, I believe this feat would use the 1/12 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)^2 formula, not the 1/4 one.
Corrected
Which doesn't matter? That does in fact make him using hax over raw power more likely.
It affects because Saiki has no control over his powers, he uses them unconsciously.

From teleporting books, becoming invisible, opening doors with telekinesis, or even teleporting to his home.
No, it's not OOC, because he will use any method he has available to save the planet. If he can't stop something with telekinesis, then he will use another method. He wouldn't just let the planet die if he otherwise couldn't perform the feat.
With that logic, Saiki could have saved 6 years of time loops by using RW to stop the volcano.
And, again, why would him not being at full power make his telekinesis more usable than his other powers, if all of them are related to his power?
We don't know if Saiki fully recovered from losing his powers, he was using them unintentionally.

Besides, if he had regained his power at 100%, he would have destroyed his house just by turning around.

As shown in ch190 after removing the limiter he destroyed a portion of the terrain by turning around.

We do not know how long between that and him engaging the meteor, because we do not see him engage it.
Fair
And Saiki gets close to things to teleport. See the time he teleported the vulcano. Literally stood right above it and teleported it. So yeah, would absolutely not surprise me that he flies into the sky to do that.
Or could simply exchange it for something of the same value with Aport, as he did with the hotel. Without leaving home
None of that addresses the scaling problem either.
Could you explain this?

Typhoon moving​

This calc.

myspmVh.jpg
As our canon page says

I.e. since the anime modifies the feat, this does not apply for the tertiary canon rule. As the anime is otherwise non-canon, the calc can not be used.
I know some of these verses provide a profile for manga and anime variations, I will assume this is not the case here, in which case I have no particular complaints.

This calc.
Why? Simple, the old version uses the on-screen speed, with the distance scaled from that.
Meanwhile, the new version uses as distance the distance between starting and end point. The reason that is a problem is cinematic time. The timeframe used includes two cuts, which cause us to not actually see the start and the arrival. I.e. the timeframe does not cover all the distance flown.

To that comes I'm fairly sure the timeframe is wrong? Like, it says the anime runs at 25 fps. Can't confirm that, but let's assume that's alright.
In fact 1 frame at 25 fps is 0.04s, which is still longer than the timframe used.
Yeah I... don't actually know what's going on with that timeframe. He's claiming it took 0.13 frames, I think? Cinematic time aside, that calc is really ******* wonky, I'd support not using it.

Cloud dispersal​

This one.
Fair.

Meteor Feat​

This one.

First: This is not a good scaling of the meteor. What this actually scales is its glow / fireball, not the rock itself. That is inflating the meteor's size.
Like, honestly, this calc predicts it to be 928km big, but then seconds before from another perspective it looks like this.
Arguably, the shot might also show it more in the foreground rather than on the horizon.

The meteor seems to just have really inconsistent on-screen size, with that calc taking the upper extreme. The video you showed seems like it is also inconsistent, with it looking like any other shooting star from a ground view but from space appearing significantly larger. Your other complaints are valid if it isn't explicitly shown on screen either way.

Typhoon moving​

This calc.

myspmVh.jpg
As our canon page says

This calc.

Cloud dispersal​

This one.

Meteor Feat​

This one.

bump

Back