• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dovahkiin vs Ainz Ooal Gown

I mean I don't know about the dragon borns personality but ainz personality is death/die, which the dragon born doesn't seem to resist... Still saying that he's got a lot of other stuff on him...

The Dovahkiin starts with everything at once due to being an elder scrolls prisoner. I can grab the scans on that if I need to.

So what? He'll just open with something pretty much at random or launch every attack he has at once? Also is he an undead or a werewolf as that will alter ainz starting move.

Let me grab the scans for the prisoner stuff, I feel like the explanation of what a Elder Scrolls Prisoner is makes no sense without context.

Though I will say technically the Dovahkiin is a werewolf here but due to being a prisoner he also isn't simultaneously.

That's exactly why I said what for me to get the scans because Elder Scrolls Prisoners are weird.

If you honestly are trying to tell me the dovahkin is both a vampire and a werewolf Im going to call serious bs considering how big a deal that is in the story your one or the other. Ignoring that for the moment, basically the dovahkin will open with everything and insta win?

Just to remind you that if Dovahkiin is a vampire or even a hybrid of these, Ainz in the Extra Volume showed that he is able to control and put undead at his mercy.

The Overlord's undead have resistance to mind control and whatnot, and yet Ainz was able to control it without issue.

Sorry if Ive come across overly aggressive but this sounds plainly stupid to me considering my last playthrough I had to use a set of mods to become a werewolf and vampire at the same time. (TBF becoming both at the same time wasn't the hard part, it was being both and having a bunch of mods to make the experience better :p)

If the dragon born is a vampire ainz will sense it with his natural ability to sense the presence of undead and change his tatics.

Oliver de jesus said:
no, dovah opens with what makes him win the only thing he can do against that is to attack first.
I remember it being that he opens with everything; I do remember someone says he opens with the best move, but that person said they were probably misremembering it.

Any time Ainz has fought enemies of unknown strength (slane theocracy soldier, vol.1 and an ice dragon, vol. 11) Ainz opened with grasp heart. Dragonborn doesn't seem to have instant death immunity/resistance, so it ends there. (Ainz raises hand, thinks "grasp heart", Dragonborn dies). Ainz winning condition is faster than his opponent (as someone else already mentioned).

Having immunity/resistance to instant death and temporal attacks is necessary to fight Ainz on even ground (something the author mentioned according to some). This does not include characters with immense speed and power of higher tiers than Ainz.

Also even an undead Dragonborn might not be immune to instant death because undead are not specified to be immune to such attacks in Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

I mean if he opens with everything what can ainz even do, he's a vampire and a werewolf (cough bull cough) But even beyond that the blog implies he'll open with literally everything and as long as one of his abilities work ainz is f'd especially since the dragon born is undead, how is the dovah's mind resistance?

The Dovahkiin's mind resistance scales to Miraak who mind controlled majority of the people on an island. He can also mind control dragons that can resist the weaker words of bend will which did the first feat.

Im not really sure if the prisoner were an actual character rather then literally every ability is my opening bull then this wouldn't be a fight but the way its done makes it certain ainz will always be hit with something that puts him down... Though would the dovah resist timestop? Afaik he only resist his own time slow (And even then he's still slowed just to a lesser extent)

It depends on whether Ainz resist all the Dovahkiin's hax and if Ainz's win condition is faster than the Dovahkiin's. The Dovahkiin I believe still has to do the actions that would make him win so it depends on how fast grasp heart is. What is Ainz's resistance to death manipulation? Mehrunes Razor scales to an armies worth of soldiers last I checked.

The Dovahkiin is resist to Time Stop. The time slow working on them is a gameplay mechanic since the CoC and the Vestige both walk through time stop and they resist time manipulation for the same reason the Dovahkiin does.

Merhunes razor doesn't scale to armies afaik, it was just used to kill armies (Death hax aren't measured by numbers) Though if we did scale that way ainz scales to wiping out a over million strong army of zombies with his tgoalid boosted la shub spell. (Again death hax aren't number based thats only soul/mind hax)

Grasp heart isn't his most likely opeing move it's more likely to be his thought based death spells (He's opened with them three times, he's opened with timestop three times, and grasp heart twice) As for the movement of grasp heart, raise hand and close fist heart explodes and instant death effect happens.

Keeweed said:
It depends on whether Ainz resist all the Dovahkiin's hax and if Ainz's win condition is faster than the Dovahkiin's. The Dovahkiin I believe still has to do the actions that would make him win so it depends on how fast grasp heart is. What is Ainz's resistance to death manipulation? Mehrunes Razor scales to an armies worth of soldiers last I checked.
Grasp Heart needs Ainz to raise his hand, Death is thought based, so it really depends which he starts with

fairly certain we don't give death manip a potency based on number of people

If he has thought based death manipulation then I'll vote Ainz then because the Dovahkiin doesn't resist that. Though this maybe a stomp because I'm pretty sure Ainz resist literally everything the Dovahkiin can throw at them plus some.

What do we base death manipulation's potency on because last I checked we based mind, soul, and other similar hax off of numbers so it seems strange that death wouldn't also be based off that.

Keeweed said:
The Dovahkiin is resist to Time Stop. The time slow working on them is a gameplay mechanic since the CoC and the Vestige both walk through time stop and they resist time manipulation for the same reason the Dovahkiin does.
im not so sure about that scaling, when does the dovah ever resist timestop?

Keeweed said:
What do we base death manipulation's potency on because last I checked we based mind, soul, and other similar hax off of numbers so it seems strange that death wouldn't also be based off that.
pretty sure death hax has never been treated by numbers affected. We base its strength on mechanics and whether it can get through resistances afaik

The pen or the sword said:
Im not gonna lie I didn't event try to compare ainz resistance to dovah's hax (These characters have list that are far to long...)
Majority of the Dovahkiin's abilities are pretty worthless and are resisted by Ainz being a skeleton.

The only ones that do matter seem to be resisted (transmution, mind, fear, death, soul, and life manipulation are all resisted and I can't think of any other hax the Dovahkiin has that would be really useful).

Keeweed said:
Majority of the Dovahkiin's abilities are pretty worthless and are resisted by Ainz being a skeleton.

The only ones that do matter seem to be resisted (transmution, mind, fear, death, soul, and life manipulation are all resisted and I can't think of any other hax the Dovahkiin has that would be really useful).
Ainz doesn't resist transmutation though

Ainz doesn't resist transmutation? That seems strange considering transmutation seems to be common in Overlord.

If that's the case at least the Dovahkiin has a win condition, so this isn't a stomp.

When it comes to the time stop the Dovahkiin hasn't shown to resist since nobody uses on him but the CoC and the Vestige can walk through time stop due to being Elder Scrolls Prisoners and the Dovahkiin is also a prisoner so he should also resist it.

Plus I remember something saying that when you learn a dragon about you become resist to the shout but I'll need to find the scan on that.

my bad, was looking at the immortality stuff in his power null and didn't see the power null before it, just had tunnel vision on the immortality part lol

that does raise a point though, does type 7 protect you from death hax even if you don't resist it?

also, and i can't believe this is actually being brought up for once, can't Ainz just Undead Domination him?

in verse it only works on undead weaker then Ainz, which considering Dovah is Low 7-B here, he is

Keeweed said:
Plus I remember something saying that when you learn a dragon about you become resist to the shout but I'll need to find the scan on that.
Stealing this explanation from Ogbunabali since he explained it way better than I could.

" Paarthurnax explanation and the Bend Will shout.

"When you learn a new shout, the words become a part of your very being. In a sense, you become the shout." -Arngeir

Also another quote that suggests this.

And also the best example that I think proves this is

One of these Dragon Knights, a sergeant in the Guard, showed me how he could wreathe himself in flame without being burned (though I could feel the heat from several paces away). He then cast a loop of flaming chain around a target dummy and drew it too him, where it was quickly immolated. Finally, one of his subordinates burned another target dummy by literally breathing fire upon it!

Mythical Beast, Real Powers And one more thing

His philosophy prevailed, largely due to his unshakable mastery of the Voice -- his victory was sealed in a legendary confrontation, where The Calm is said to have "swallowed the Shouts" of seventeen Tongues of the militant school for three days until his opponents all lay exhausted (and then became his disciples).

Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition, Skyrim"

Sorry if this clogs the thread.

Apeironaxim said:
also, and i can't believe this is actually being brought up for once, can't Ainz just Undead Domination him?

in verse it only works on undead weaker then Ainz, which considering Dovah is Low 7-B here, he is
It depends on how it works. If it's mind manipulation it depends on how good Ainz mind manipulation is. The Dovahkiin's resistance scales to majority of the people and animals on an island.

Undead Domination requires a specific resistance in Overlord, as Undead have immunity to mind manip in verse but won't resist Undead Domination without a special resist specifically against it

Back