• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The long awaited Megabug and MegaDragonBowser upgrade to low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the statement with the current state of the vortex.....applies to the current state of the vortex.
No. The statement is not about the current state. It's about what it will do if not stopped. I'm sorry but this isn't a matter of opinions, friend. They literally state it over and over.

It clearly is on a cosmic scale unlike what you imply since it actually affected the laws of space and time on the moon, the universe/world being affected is synonymous and already credited with that sole statement with the view extending far beyond their planet's land.
That happens later tho. In the beginning of the game it's just the Mushroom Kingdom. The Moon stuff happens on World 3 (Of 4). And in World 4 they still state that they must stop it BEFORE it gets so powerful it will destroy the world.

It's not universal at any point in the game.

No. The statement is not about the current state. It's about what it will do if not stopped. I'm sorry but this isn't a matter of opinions, friend. They literally state it over and over.

That happens later tho. In the beginning of the game it's just the Mushroom Kingdom. The Moon stuff happens on World 3 (Of 4). And in World 4 they still state that they must stop it BEFORE it gets so powerful it will destroy the world.

It's not universal at any point in the game.

Because Beep-0, someone who spouts off this oddly specific thing from the get go, has precognition to know that the Megabug will get more amps, when he doesnt know of this until later on? Yeah, he only needs to state it will destroy the universe once with the data we know was available to him, going off it being a case they need to hurry.

Which lines up with the official statements it warped "the world" right after teleporting the rabbids and made it screwed up, which even ignoring the destruction is very much something you have yet to counter with loltimeframe, as timeframe shouldnt even matter when dealing with that infinity scale of an action over time to "destroy time" which is just conceptually accounted for.

It is universal tier from the start at its conception, going by the standards of the website.

Last edited:
Because Beep-0, someone who spouts off this oddly specific thing from the get go, has precognition to know that the Megabug will get more amps, when he doesnt know of this until later on? Yeah, he only needs to state it will destroy the universe once with the data we know was available to him, going off it being a case they need to hurry.
Beep-0 knows it will become stronger if he isn't stopped. In fact the whole game it is being advised by himself from the future. The statements all refer to what it can potentially do if it's let loose and not stopped, not what it can do now.

Beep-0 knows it will become stronger if he isn't stopped. In fact the whole game it is being advised by himself from the future. The statements all refer to what it can potentially do if it's let loose and not stopped, not what it can do now.
Wrong,Present Beep-0 makes those statements, not Future Beep-0.

Wrong,Present Beep-0 remarks on the energy making the MegaBug stronger via the defeated Rabbids much after his claim to Mario when he's witnessed the vortex up close and going through it

prior to the destroy/save the world statement and states he wants to get ahold of Spawny to stop it. It being that powerful over time is a given here with the base vortex given Beep-0's credibility.

All the prior wog statements given contradict that it was limited on its scale of passive warping with it being cosmic on the scale of their universe, there's nothing hinting its limited when its affecting time itself far past their land. You've literally reshuffled your points but there's nothing of substance here to help your case.

Elixir - I've read what he says, and so far, his logic and reasoning makes more sense.

Equally... then people should stop making subjective assumptions about Matt and his intentions? Because I've seen it several times in this thread, and it's really ******* annoying and immature. This is especially aimed at you, Theuser.

I did drop it before you brought it back dude, all I did was say what he was doing, something he himself did for others, but yet I am singled out

We can't scale Mario or any other character to Megabug for the exact same reason we didn't scale him to Grand Star-powered Bowser or Count Bleck or whatever. We've been through this several times. However, this does makes Megabug himself Low 2-C since even the lead producer confirmed it.

Last edited:
We can't scale Mario or any other character to Megabug for the exact same reason didn't scale him to Grand Star-powered Bowser or Count Bleck or whatever. We've been through this several times. However, this does makes Megabug himself Low 2-C if even the lead producer, confirmed it.
Could you look through my post where I went over the whole game and tell me what you think? Since you're a Staff but also a Mario Supporter I want to know your opinion.

Thanks.

Could you look through my post where I went over the whole game and tell me what you think? Since you're a Staff but also a Mario Supporter I want to know your opinion.

Thanks.

I just read through it and I can see the points you made. Personally, I still have no qualms with the current proposal since said vortex is the Megabug himself (56:00, I think) and multiple of things, such as already affecting the world's time via the clock as Meph has pointed out. Still, you can share this with the rest to see their own take on the matter.

Last edited:
I agree with Matt and Ryukama as well, the feat itself is Low 2-C, but Mario shouldn't scale to it.
Er, Ion, the thread agreed this is not the place for scaling talk. That talk has already deviated the thread enough times now.

But I also agree with Low 2-C Megabug.

Support in the scaling subject that has derailed the thread quite enough and not in the OP or the Low 2-C rating for Megabug that is in the OP?

Matt...

As somone who played the game at 100% completion, I also agree with Matt.

It's not the first time a reality-threatening vortex becomes what it's supposed to be overtime in Mario too (Count Bleck; Dimention, I'm looking at you guys)

I also strongly agree with Matthew and Ryukama. We definitely cannot scale from Crossovers, except on very rare occasions, especially ones that use Immersion as the main premise.

I also find it annoying when people use ad hominem instead of responding to rational arguments, and appreciate that Matthew is trying to make the wiki more reliable. That said, it would be better if he avoids using words such as clown, lol, and liar in the future, even though he was civil and rational the vast majority of the time.

I just read through it and I can see the points you made. Personally, I still have no qualms with the current proposal since said vortex is the Megabug himself (56:00, I think) and multiple of things, such as already affecting the world's time via the clock as Meph has pointed out. Still, you can share this with the rest to see their own take on the matter.
Welp that eases my conscience on the matter if you are for it out of everyone else on the site, thanks for the peer review. As we do take outright warping feats into account for handing out a tier 2 rating for AP in affecting a space-time/universe that does justify that level of power as it was done on that stated scale by the lead producer right after the teleportation, even if you want to hang up on the destruction part of his feats regarding timeframe.

To not multiquote, scaling to the canon base cast could be tricky given some of the creators hinted Mario couldn't defeat Megabug on his own, but again thats for later threads and we can argue the canonicity of it later. It is definitely not immersion though, i will reiterate that.

Last edited:
The scaling won't happen yet because of claims of it being an outlier, as was brought up about the void, base bleck, etc Canon will be brought up during when more scaling is introduced, you are free to dispute it then, civilly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back