• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The long awaited Megabug and MegaDragonBowser upgrade to low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's death of the author, regardless of where, we wouldn't use it. Twitter statements from the people who make the game is still allowed. If it were say, the game account where usually it's just a random employee, that's different.

I would appreciate a link to those profiles actually.

I mean off the top of my head, My Little Pony, God of War, Ben 10 has used author correspondence of email or twitter to clarify details, assuming they have such authority to make good enough statements, weren't joking, and it can fit into the story, like here.

Do you have a link to this weird take on author statement protocol decided on a thread?

1. A lot of people complain about twitter in other stuff too tbh. The very examples you used.

2. Area of Effect only works as a defense when the guy has a better feat. If he doesn't have a better feat than the area we see is what it is.

Archie Sonic got conceptual manipulation as high as he has it, because of Word of God confirming events.

It’s a different case when Ian Flynn starts saying things that contradict the story when he didn’t bother to make those retcons while writing the book...
A lot of people complain about twitter in other stuff too tbh. The very examples you used.
Yeah, true. It’s a case by case basis.

Area of Effect only works as a defense when the guy has a better feat. If he doesn't have a better feat than the area we see is what it is.
Well, the vortex being stronger than what the cast can handle at the end of the game when the vortex goes further into universal would be a feat...

^ Don’t respond to that. I don’t want to get into that kind of conversation in this thread but I was just pointing out that it would be a feat.

1. A lot of people complain about twitter in other stuff too tbh. The very examples you used.

2. Area of Effect only works as a defense when the guy has a better feat. If he doesn't have a better feat than the area we see is what it is.
But do we automatically reject them or is just treated case by case?

I hear that we automatically reject them
Didn't Matthew make a blog for Galactica using Twitter for at least a couple of abilities? In that case, we don't automatically discard them, as exceptions clearly exist. Automatically discarding tweets is stupid anyways. One tweet is not going to be unreliable like another might, so the wiki treating them all as equally invalid makes things inaccurate.

"The vortex instantly affected the entire universe at once the moment it popped up."

"But it took time to gradually spread to the moon."

"Area of Effect!"

No that is not how the Area of Effect argument works. It's not a phrase you can just drop to handwave away a clear contradiction in your premise. Also Area of Effect is only an argument when someone actually has greater feats than the Area of Effect. If Goku's best feat ever was City Level then yeah he'd absolutely be rated as City Level. It's the fact that he actually has cosmic level feats that we excuse some of his other fights only having city level scale (that and ki control being a thing.) The vortex prior to its hypothetical full power state has nothing putting it in Universal levels of power.

And again, the very premise to begin with is that the vortex instantly affects the entire universe at once. So it gradually spreading to the moon is absolutely an argument against that premise. It's not anything even remotely comparable to the Area of Effect argument.

Plus once again, if the vortex could've destroyed the entire universe the moment it popped up, it would've. Unless you want to argue this vortex decided to politely wait until the cast went over and fought it for god knows what reason. Since everyone loves bringing Goku into this maybe the vortex was secretly a saiyan and wanted to put itself at a handicap for when it fought Mario.

This is going nowhere, can this just be closed at this point? We already got a conclusion and now we are going in circles about arguments that already got debunked and are already into ad nauseam area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back