• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The long awaited Megabug and MegaDragonBowser upgrade to low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mephistus

Username Only
The Megabug is a "patch of energy" created from the SupaMerge headset that later becomes sentient that had warped Mario's "world" and caused it to become "completely unstable and chaotic".

Xavier Manzanares (game's Lead Producer): "So the Rabbids have been teleported into the Mushroom Kingdom and it made the world completely unstable and chaotic so Mario as a true hero wants to save the day but this time with some new friends."

Before anyone gets any doubt, Mario's "world" in context here is clarified by the awesome people that made the game to mean a single "universe" in Mario's cosmology, not his greater multiverse as I had initially suspected, so before anyone says we don't know the clear size and scope of the "world" that is being talked about in context here by the game's creators I came prepared:

Associate Producer Cristina Nava talks of the "two different universes and worlds".

Redundant confirmation straight to our faces here:

Me: "Hello! I am a big fan and have a behind the scenes lore question about Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle's story! When Beep-0 says that the "world" will be destroyed by the vortex if its left alone, was he intended to mean the planet or universe by "world" there?"

Davide Soliani (game's Creative Director): "Hi :), he meant the universe, as Kingdom Battle take place in its own universe. Or at least we like to think so :)"

This patch of energy had evidently warped the time and space of his dimension itself with its power, as seen here:

https://imgur.com/UxFYeTh

Beep-0: "Perhaps by turning the clock's hands backwards we'll force the moon back in the sky? Sounds like the type of nonsensical Rabbidese logic the Mushroom Kingdom is overrun with...And therefore probably worth a shot!"

https://youtu.be/J9sZ1kcr1GU?t=2404

Beep-0's mail: "The Moon Gate can't be opened unless there's a full moon (duh). Too bad it's gone already. Lucky for you, I know a way to get it to come back!"

That by turning a clock's hand backwards in Mario's dimension, for example, the moon's orbit through space would move backwards in order to have another full moon occur in reverse events as it had already happened, normally the concepts of time and space for our real life dimension or even in Mario's dimension don't operate that way and said dimensional concepts aren't affected by causality because of such silly events occuring but the concepts of time and space that were shown and stated as corrupted were affected in order to follow how Rabbidese logic works instead because of the power of the Megabug's abnormal influence, as mentioned by Beep-0.

The Megabug's earlier state as an ambient patch of energy, even before it had been amped by absorbing residual energy from enemy Rabbids and absorbed Spawny with the SupaMerge itself to take on its energy and power and grew larger in its own form as an "energy dragon" per Bowser Jr. that sustained the vortex with its power until its death, was stated to destroy Mario's "world" by Beep-0 if it wasn't stopped, who would be very knowledgeable about it, if it wasn't stopped in a very short amount of time since that they had to "hurry" to find Spawny and make him stop the vortex.

https://youtu.be/TGL-LHKSWTA?t=401

Beep-0: "There! In the sky - see that? It began the moment the Rabbids teleported into the Mushroom Kingdom. Hmm... the energy we've seen floating upwards after we defeat an enemy - I wonder...All the more reason to catch that Rabbid with the SupaMerge headset! He's the key to stopping this, I'm sure of it!"

Beep-0: "Could it be the SupaMerge headset was corrupted on its way to this world? If so...we're all in terrible danger! Mario! We must find that poor Rabbid fused to the headset! He is the key! Save him - we might just save this world."

I can also cite the Japanese version of the game, which is true to the same source material and notion here by Beep-0 which that the SupaMerge's energy that was later called the Megabug, is an immediate threat to Mario's universe via Beep-0's words if it wasn't stopped with its current power even at the start of the game and in some indeterminate, but short amount of time that they have to "hurry", which checks out as it had destabilized Mario's dimension even at the start with its warping:

Extremely rough English translation via Google: "If the power of the SupaMerge is out of control, its pretty bad. If nothing is done, the world will be destroyed! Let's find Spawny in a hurry!"

In summary, the Megabug and its alternate ego form MegaDragonBowser get upgraded to tier 2 for passively being able to destroy and warp a universe with their power; being higher in the latter form.

Vote tally:

Agree: DatOneWeeb, NotAMarioFan, Marverick, YuriAkuto, Starsprite53, Ican't, Rikimaro, Theuser, Jared, LuckyEmile, DDM, Julian, Ryukama, Fox (14)

Disagree: Matt, Mori (2)

Last edited:
Hello!

I will analyze this in further depth later when I have the time, but it is actually much better than the two previous upgrades just on a glimpse.

Edit: I would also advise that people who already pre-emptly agree please stop the circlejerking of "haha too vague" ironic messages as in the long run it will only serve to make this thread toxic and confrontational.

I plan to actually watch all of the game's cutscenes and go through what happens myself.

But before that happens, I have a question that I ask to be answered transparency:

1. As a crossover between two different properties owned by Mario and Ubisoft this is obviously considered non-canon, right?

2. Therefore this wouldn't ever be used to scale to other versions. Correct?

This is definitely solid to have Megabug be Tier 2 specifically. As warping the space-time of the dimension containing the Mushroom Kingdom, which is located in the Milky Way Galaxy which is in turn located. And it is being warped and destabilized to the point of the dimension approaching a collapsation. So the entire body of space is obviously a Universe. And this is further backed up in the interview; it's normally best to avoid Twitter statements as answers to two way questions, but the interview + other details makes this a solid Low 2-C feat. But it seems unknown how much the Rabbids Universe is effected, but it seems Low 2-C at least.

I plan to actually watch all of the game's cutscenes and go through what happens myself.

But before that happens, I have a question that I ask to be answered transparency:

1. As a crossover between two different properties owned by Mario and Ubisoft this is obviously considered non-canon, right?

2. Therefore this wouldn't ever be used to scale to other versions. Correct?

By those same guidelines then Hudson Soft with Mario Party Series would be being considered non-canon because they partnered up.

Its in the canon timeline.

We had a thread about this already with multiple staff support on it being legit canon.

It would scale to the canon versions, yes.

Matt, I feel like you are going in this thread trying to find something to disagree with rather than just evaluating it

Since Miyamoto seems to be okay with including Mario + Rabbids being part of the Marioverse (man literally showed up at the event), then this should still be canon. The 35th anniversary direct also feels fine to group up mainline Mario games with Kingdom Battle.

By those same guidelines then Hudson Soft with Mario Party Series would be being considered non-canon because they partnered up.
Mario Party doesn't feature crossovers with characters from completely different franchises that belong to entirely different companies. The comparison is unfounded.

Since Miyamoto seems to be okay with including Mario + Rabbids being part of the Marioverse (man literally showed up at the event), then this should still be canon. The 35th anniversary direct also feels fine to group up mainline Mario games with Kingdom Battle.
That literally doesn't prove anything. All this proves is that it's an official product. Miyamoto doesn't care one bit about a "Canonical Mario Universe" either. Mario is treated at Nintendo like a Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny type character that can reasonably be put into any scenario or setting. There is only "One Mario" as Miyamoto put it for the same reason that there's only one "Mickey". He's a Mascot Character.

We had a thread about this already with multiple staff support on it being legit canon.
The thread ended with it being considered non-canon and "Rabbid Mario" being a separate character.

Ryukama, DarkDragonMedeus, and DinoRangerBlack all agreed on it being canon when the thread concluded.

If you want to make a comparison that they are different companies, then that isn't a concern when they establish more than necessary it takes place in the mainline series of Mario and is true to the source material. Literally doesn't get more clear cut than that.

Okay so I'm actually going to go through the entire game's cutscenes in order to give my thoughts on the feats and proposed ratings.

But first: I have no problem with "worlds" meaning universes in this context. It's obvious even without the interviews. This is a crossover game between two different properties of different companies. "World" in this context mean "The Mario World" and the "Rabbids World".

It's like how something like Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe is obviously talking about two separate universes. And alternatively something like Marvel vs Capcom treating the two properties as two universes as well (Even though the Capcom characters exist in completely separate universes in their canon series).

Second: I am going to focus on the English Language version of the game, as that is the original version of the game. The game was written by Andrea Babich and Ed Kuehnel, two writers working for Ubisoft, and not anybody from Nintendo of Japan. The Japanese Translation is not the real version of the script and so I'm going with the original English.

I agree with Matt that it's legit Tier 2, but that this crossover game should not then get scaled to everyone in the main series.

I mean one of the scans the OP uses to justify Tier 2 also states that Kingdom Battle is its own universe.

Wait.

Onesided crossovers officially take place within one continuity, but not the other. Given that some characters may be parodies of their original counterparts, they could potentially get a separate profile scaling from the other verse based on their importance to the story.

One example is the version of Dante in Shin Megami Tensei, who is based on his Devil May Cry counterpart, with the same name and appearance, but a slightly altered story to fit in more with the Shin Megami Tensei verse. However, the character in question may not be used to scale to the Devil May Cry cast.

Profiles for crossovers not canon to the main story of one or more of the franchises involved may only be created according to the regulations defined in the Canon page.

Why isn't it exactly a onesided crossover again?

It's obvious even without the interviews. This is a crossover game between two different properties of different companies. "World" in this context mean "The Mario World" and the "Rabbids World".
"Mario & Rabbids universes collide in this new adventure that combines the best of these two worlds!"

One example is the version of Dante in Shin Megami Tensei, who is based on his Devil May Cry counterpart, with the same name and appearance, but a slightly altered story to fit in more with the Shin Megami Tensei verse. However, the character in question may not be used to scale to the Devil May Cry cast.
Also this is likely getting removed because with the release of the Nocturne HD Remaster Dante is only going to be available as a DLC and the actual character who will show up in the story mode normally is Raidou.

I agree with Matt that it's legit Tier 2, but that this crossover game should not then get scaled to everyone in the main series.

I mean one of the scans the OP uses to justify Tier 2 also states that Kingdom Battle is its own universe.
That's not even a real complaint, because they go to a new universe in the sequel. Its own universe doesn't even work horseshoeing it into its own thing when Rabbid's also acknowledge it on their official website, its not canon only unto itself, that claim debunks itself, the heck?

"Discover a new world full of reinvented tactical gameplay, new enemies and secrets to uncover, while keeping the essential elements of the base game: a rich universe to explore, dynamic turn-based combat, and brain-teasing puzzles."

If you want to go ahead and change up the argument with the characters aren't represented as strong as they are in their main series, then we can move onto that later.

The creative director said "Kingdom Battle takes place in its own universe." In this context referring to the game being in a separate continuity (often called a "universe") from the main Mario or Rabbids games. It's not canon. Even then it's like an outlier for just about everyone. Especially for the Rabbids and Rayman who would also scale to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back