• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mickey Mouse Merge: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also agreeing with everything, and yeah, the Donald Duck comic universe (most particularly American ones) currently has a decompositing thread going on from the original show and this revision may help a bit for it's progress (though feats may differ from a Darkwing blog).

Also agreeing with everything, and yeah, the Donald Duck comic universe (most particularly American ones) currently has a decompositing thread going on from the original show and this revision may help a bit for it's progress (though feats may differ from a Darkwing blog).
Holding off on Darkwing until his feats get calced. All that needs to happen now is him getting the Toon Physiology ability.

I kinda disagree with the composite, because it seems more a case of later works integrating previous ones, instead of everything being one single canon, especially when you start throwing in wildly different medias and disney crossovers like house of mouse.

Like, if we were to have multiple profiles, I'd be more for having singular ones which then integrate the content of those they are shown to take into account, rather than cramming everything together by making a puzzle of sparse references.

I kinda disagree with the composite, because it seems more a case of later works integrating previous ones, instead of everything being one single canon, especially when you start throwing in wildly different medias and disney crossovers like house of mouse.

Like, if we were to have multiple profiles, I'd be more for having singular ones which then integrate the content of those they are shown to take into account, rather than cramming everything together by making a puzzle of sparse references.
The thing is, the history does play an important part in the story as a canon. In episodes like Steamboat Silly, Mickey’s history is important to the plot. The Steamboat Willie cartoon is who Mickey was as essentially a child, and it is incredibly important to Epic Mickey.

In Epic Mickey, aside from the projector screens, multiple callbacks, the notion that it takes place in-between Prince and the Pauper and later works, has the events of Castle of Illusion directly lead up to this, etc, it further expands on the worldbuilding of the series by showing what happens to toons when they are forgotten and Oswald’s resentment towards Mickey for his popularity as a cartoon star.

It’s not just references and things that happened in past works are referred to as things that happened in their past and are important for the series going forward. It might be long, but I don’t think there’s any reason to decomposite.

The Disney crossovers are not as uncommon as you’d think. Mickey’s world at least 5 times (House of Mouse, Mickey 2013, Epic Mickey, Fantasmic, WFRR) has shown that Disney characters coexisting in the same space is a fundamental part of the universe. For everything but Roger, this is a one-sided crossover that does not interfere with the canons of other works.

If we did what you were proposing, then the profiles would likely end up being exactly the same, with it resembling how the Classic, Adventure, and Modern Sonics look, because nearly every incarnation of Mickey integrates the works of the previous sans standalone works like Three Musketeers. 2013 Mickey would essentially look just like what Mickey’s profile is right now. So if anything, it would be more confusing to give him more profiles, I think.

Will something be also done about the comics?
I’m told that comic in particular has some conceptual stuff, but for now we are focusing on the mainline canon. My current projects are to work on Mickey, then Goofy, then Donald, and the other Mickey & Friends versions of Disney characters. I most likely will not be able to get to them right now but I encourage others to work on them.

I’m told that comic in particular has some conceptual stuff, but for now we are focusing on the mainline canon. My current projects are to work on Mickey, then Goofy, then Donald, and the other Mickey & Friends versions of Disney characters. I most likely will not be able to get to them right now but I encourage others to work on them.
Take ur time. Also because I heavily doubt those are canon to mainline anyway, given the amount of countries and different publishiers that handle their series of comics.

Take ur time. Also because I heavily doubt those are canon to mainline anyway, given the amount of countries and different publishiers that handle their series of comics.
Yeah, I actually did some research on that and there is nothing to suggest that these comics are canon unfortunately.

So it is on his regeneration section?
Because it was included in his character creation. I wasn't involved in the process of creating Woody's page to know why it's there, nor do I think it's some kind of regeneration.

Anyway, let's stop talking about this, I don't think Woody has anything to do with the topic other than appearing in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

On the regen feat from earlier, I think we could actually get Mid-Godly from that.

When the Toon Patrol die, their spirits leave their bodies. But when The Dip kills Smart Ass, it leaves nothing. Not even a ghost.

The Dip is composed of turpentine, acetone and benzine. All paint thinners. Meaning to do this, it must have erased all of Smart Ass's paint.

Hence, a Toon's paint also includes their spirit, so they would have nothing to regenerate from.

Further backed up by Epic Mickey stating that a Toon's spirit is their life force and when absorbed, they become inert.

The Sensational Five might be immune to this because they have a Heart, unlike the Wasteland inhabitants. But unless directly stated, they are just built different.

On the regen feat from earlier, I think we could actually get Mid-Godly from that.

When the Toon Patrol die, their spirits leave their bodies. But when The Dip kills Smart Ass, it leaves nothing. Not even a ghost.

The Dip is composed of turpentine, acetone and benzine. All paint thinners. Meaning to do this, it must have erased all of Smart Ass's paint.

Hence, a Toon's paint also includes their spirit, so they would have nothing to regenerate from.

Further backed up by Epic Mickey stating that a Toon's spirit is their life force and when absorbed, they become inert.

The Sensational Five might be immune to this because they have a Heart, unlike the Wasteland inhabitants. But unless directly stated, they are just built different.
That's Low Godly as mind isn't included.

Maybe? But i would prefer a "possibly Mid-Godly" rating

Just so we know we're on the same page here, shouldn't Mickey's verse profile include the list of canons so that we're getting somewhere just in case it doesn't start causing a confusion?

Question: Would regenerating from losing your essence count as High-Godly or just more evidence for Mid-Godly? Because from what I've found in Epic Mickey, paint seems to include the very essence of toons.
I think that's just more Mid-Godly evidence, going anything by how a SOUL in Undertale is stated to be the culmination of one's being.

Just so we know we're on the same page here, shouldn't Mickey's verse profile include the list of canons so that we're getting somewhere just in case it doesn't start causing a confusion?
Like Looney Tunes? Yeah, I suppose that would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back