• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The skill hunter vs The copycat | Chrollo vs Yuta

The skill and intelligence gap appears to be considerable for Chrollo.

What does Yuta open with? Chrollo is absolutely going to take advantage of Black Voice to send innocent bystanders at Yuta, like in Chrollo's fight with Hisoka.

The skill and intelligence gap appears to be considerable for Chrollo.

What does Yuta open with? Chrollo is absolutely going to take advantage of Black Voice to send innocent bystanders at Yuta, like in Chrollo's fight with Hisoka.
I mean would he try that since Yuta is someone he doesn't have information about. Plus with Rika the match will end up being a 2 v 1. Also what stops Yuta from closing in on Chrollo and just demolish him with his AP advantage

Also what stops Yuta from closing in on Chrollo and just demolish him with his AP advantage
Yuta being injected with an Antenna. Also I guess it depends on whether or not Yuta would just AoE the entire place. Chrollo was able to blend in pretty seamlessly into the crowd in his fight with Hisoka. Imo it depends on how Yuta handles hordes of enemies that would determine this.

Yuta being injected with an Antenna. Also I guess it depends on whether or not Yuta would just AoE the entire place. Chrollo was able to blend in pretty seamlessly into the crowd in his fight with Hisoka. Imo it depends on how Yuta handles hordes of enemies that would determine this.
Well Yuta and Rika could deal with Kenjaku's Cursed Spirit Outbreak which released 10 million spirits... so they'll be okay. And I thought Chrollo lost that nen ability because of hisoka mercing the guy that had it

Well Yuta and Rika could deal with Kenjaku's Cursed Spirit Outbreak which released 10 million spirits... so they'll be okay.
It's not a matter of being okay, as much as it is a matter of killing Chrollo before he uses Body Puppetry and Exploding Humans. Chrollo's entire stratagem here is analyzing their opponent while distracting them with Exploding Humans, and using hit-and-run tactics while blending into the horde. If they are touched, they will either: A; Explode, B; become puppets by which to turn against each other, or C; get paralyzed with Ben's Knife.

And I thought Chrollo lost that nen ability because of hisoka mercing the guy that had it
While this is true, Chrollo's current peak is his fight against Hisoka in Heavens Arena, and hasn't fought since that part of the story thus far.

The Chrollo that fought Hisoka is technically Chrollo's peak at this point in time. He has it and it's even listed on his profile for the current SBA key anyways. Otherwise, the OP will need to clarify.

It's not a matter of being okay, as much as it is a matter of killing Chrollo before he uses Body Puppetry and Exploding Humans. Chrollo's entire stratagem here is analyzing their opponent while distracting them with Exploding Humans, and using hit-and-run tactics while blending into the horde. If they are touched, they will either: A; Explode, B; become puppets by which to turn against each other, or C; get paralyzed with Ben's Knife.

While this is true, Chrollo's current peak is his fight against Hisoka in Heavens Arena, and hasn't fought since that part of the story thus far.

The Chrollo that fought Hisoka is technically Chrollo's peak at this point in time. He has it and it's even listed on his profile for the current SBA key anyways. Otherwise, the OP will need to clarify.
Yuta resists mind manipulation via being a sorcerer. Don't know much about the rest but what stops Yuta from using Cursed speech which can give commands from a distance (could just say die to chrollo especially since the standard distance isn't that far). He can also use Uro sky manipulation to reflect attacks or break space itself. Also I'm not sure if Chrollo would be able to see rika or any of Yuta's cursed technique.

Also fair about the chrollo having that ability

Anyone recall the manga pages where the effects occur &/or are documented?
The fight begins in HxH Chapter 351 and ends in HxH Chapter 357. If you dont mind spoilers the fight is pretty comprehensive about Chrollo's nen stuff.

Mangafire is a pretty decent manga repository to check out, but there are others.

The fight begins in HxH Chapter 351 and ends in HxH Chapter 357. If you dont mind spoilers the fight is pretty comprehensive about Chrollo's nen stuff.

Mangafire is a pretty decent manga repository to check out, but there are others.
Is that the page that explains Bloodlust in Nen inducing Paralysis, Fear &/or Death? IIRC, it'd be earlier than that. Or does it give more details?

Is that the page that explains Bloodlust in Nen inducing Paralysis, Fear &/or Death?
Oh, that. If I'm being honest I dont care enough to give out specifics scans that's a sisyphean task thanks to how togashi writes. You can reference this site's Nen page for more info on those abilities and their relation to Chrollo. You want to look under "Ren" and "Emotion" specifically. It's essentially aura attacks in this case.

Edit: Beyond that the aforementioned chapters are good reference to Chrollo's tactics and specific Nen abilities in this key. Everything in your comment is an fundamental, extreme application of Ren.

Last edited:
Chrollo having the bookmark turns this fight pretty much into what happens on the manga against i-won't-say-who-to-avoid-spoilers:
Testing how he deals with crowd only by disguising amongst them, making clones of any member of the crowd who dies, plus and minus kaboom

In the middle of that he can try putting the antennae in Yuta, or anything Bandit's Secret has (god-knows-how-many nen powers)

Also I'm not sure if Chrollo would be able to see rika or any of Yuta's cursed technique.
Really think he can if Yuta can see nen working

Back