• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"The Struggler" vs "The Son of Ogre"!

7hDL3EL.jpg

VS!
uRhtfV2.jpg

Guts starts this bout' off in his Black Swordsman key, with access to the Berserk Armor.

Baki starts off in his End of Son of Ogre to Baki Dou key.

Speed is equalized!

The Black Swordsman: 1

The Strongest Boy in the World:

Last edited:
I don't get how guts stats work on his profile. Last arc is X, higher with armor. Dura is multi-city block. But the pictures are with armor. How tough is he without armor? How does he wear the armor mid-fight? Is it magic, he summons it? He doesn't have time to wear it otherwise so I assume so.

Like Baki's half berserk's height, who is himself half the height of his sword, which itself can shoot wind. He's being completely destroyed on range. But he's a grappler. So he grapples. But his 'class 50, maybe 100'. Berserk is 'class 50, maybe higher'. They're both so vague I'm not sure how to call this. Assume baki is 100? So if Baki cockroach dashes past berserks like 5 dif projectiles and grabs him, he just instantly wins? But then say berserk is in armor. Do we say he's class 100, because he's 'maybe higher' and I think that's the next tier up? Baki lost his win con.

Feels like berserk needs his last key to be split into with and without armor.

I don't think he's winning a melee fight v a guy with so much range over him outside of living up to his title of grappler.

He's not doing anything like the oxygen trick, nerve pulls, etc unless he's changed to be ooc, he pretty much never tries to kill or ruin lives except that one time someone tried to **** him.

Sooo... You voting? I ain't arguing for either Guts or Baki cause I haven't read Baki in a while and I'm in the process of reading Berserk lol.

His armor is always on, under circumstances, his armor will mold around him, active and take control, it can shapeshift a bit.

His armor is always on, under circumstances, his armor will mold around him, active and take control, it can shapeshift a bit.
So does this mean he has the armor on but he needs to activate the berserker state which makes him lose his shit and get stronger and shit? The profile is very vague.

Sooo... You voting? I ain't arguing for either Guts or Baki cause I haven't read Baki in a while and I'm in the process of reading Berserk lol.
No. I said I don't get how he works. Why would you think I'm voting when I don't know how he works?

OP says he has 'access to' the armor so I guess he means access to summoning it? So they're probably equal in LS, speed equaled by the op, and his range is vastly superior to Baki's.
Now I'll vote,
guts fra I don't think baki has any wincon unless demon back is considered a speed boost here or something

Berserk LS is outdated as ****, like obviously no Class M shit, but there's definitely a handful of Class 50, 100 and maybe even K feats (Though Guts probably wouldn't scale to that, probably only dudes like Zodd) Even that new chain feat is class 25.
So does this mean he has the armor on but he needs to activate the berserker state which makes him lose his shit and get stronger and shit? The profile is very vague.
He has the armor on, the armor will actively take over him against his will if he gets pissed, heavily wounded, and an abundance of things. He can also activate it at will but obviously he uses this as such a last resort, the armor usually does it automatically.

He can stay in control though but he usually needs a bit of outside help for that.

Actually how big a buff is demon back here? Maybe with that he can grapple but he'd probably lose before using it. He's not his dad who whips it out every time he stubs his toe.

I don't care enough to ever call anyone to any topic so long as it remains only mods can @ people.
If no one knows I'll just stick with berserk fra why not he has a sword.

I can't vote on my own thread.
You can. There's a guy who does this all the time and specifically quotes a topic saying you can.

And reducing my argument to 'big sword wins because its big', when I went over how Baki actually fights, why he won't use his incaps, ask for clarification on how berserk's armor works, the range difference between them and how Baki's main way to win ic likely won't work is fairly rude.

You can. There's a guy who does this all the time and specifically quotes a topic saying you can.

And reducing my argument to 'big sword wins because its big', when I went over how Baki actually fights, why he won't use his incaps, ask for clarification on how berserk's armor works, the range difference between them and how Baki's main way to win ic likely won't work is fairly rude.
Just vote big sword its op.
Literally what you said.

Regardless, I will count your vote for Guts, and I apologize if I came off as rude.

You can indeed vote on your own thread, as long as, caveat, you vote for actual reasons, if you don't make a thread with intent for a specific character to win and cast a vote AFTER discussion is had (and not just basic ass FRA shit) your vote will be legitimate, and can be counted.

There was a thread about this awhile back.

You can indeed vote on your own thread, as long as, caveat, you vote for actual reasons, if you don't make a thread with intent for a specific character to win and cast a vote AFTER discussion is had (and not just basic ass FRA shit) your vote will be legitimate, and can be counted.

There was a thread about this awhile back.
Definitely new info to me.

Definitely new info to me.
Relatively new thread. Technically it was never a rule, but it was treated like one, we had a discussion about it, and basically OP can vote as long as OP isn't voting out of spite, or like being a rat or whatever.

I know nothing about Baki but what do we do about that lifting strength gap? I think Guts mostly has this in the bag if it weren't for the fact that Baki can grapple (heh) him

No idea. I ain't knowledgeable on Baki and I'm in the process of reading Berserk, but since I know that Guts has bombs and a crossbow and shit maybe he'll be able to play the ranged game? Dragon Slayer is also HYUGE so it wouldn't be hard to keep his distance with the blade's sheer length alone.

There has to be some LS feat for withstanding that recoil, I kinda wanna wait til guts gets better lifting feats. But I guess I'm voting Guts? We kinda did a match like this on Yujiro and I remembered Yujiro taking it hence why I'm hesitant.

I'm pretty sure Guts has the LS feats somewhere in the manga, the profile is just outdated.

So do I count your vote for Guts?

Y’all the 7-C upgrade thread is like literally going to happen once I’m done with the Baki crt.

Also Baki would scale to Class M and his profile is more outdated than guts. Like the fact he doesn’t have Extraordinary genius for fighting is a crime

Y’all the 7-C upgrade thread is like literally going to happen once I’m done with the Baki crt.

Also Baki would scale to Class M and his profile is more outdated than guts. Like the fact he doesn’t have Extraordinary genius for fighting is a crime
That is why I am doing this match before it happens lol.

Honestly they should be High 7-C for the earthquake but that’s for another time🗿

Also yikes the Baki profiles are… let’s say missing stuff.

So you gon argue my guy are you just gonna talk about Baki being outdated 🗿
Like Baki best shit is missing. Like he should have higher LS. Precog to basically avoid anything guts throws at him. Far better combat feats, **** Baki can passively mimic the fighters entire fighting style while adding it to his own, and then preform better tactics than the opponent. And soul manipulation🗿

Back