• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just realized something...

So uh. The Saskia yeeting a wall calc? On that same calc theres a Class M lifting strength calc that was accepted. Wouldn't this scale to Geralt?

Well actually scratch that nevermind. Just read the thing that says Geralt doesn't scale.

But then that brings up another question. In Geralt's lifting strength it lists him as Class 25 via lifting a dragon's head and spinning it off course. Is that Dragon the same Dragon as Saskia? Or if its a different dragon would it scale to her?

Because the thing is, im pretty sure to perform that feat, his lifting strength would have needed to be comparable to the dragon, otherwise it's head just wouldn't budge.

The dragon is the exact same Saskia. Geralt doesn't scale to lifting strength, but the AP part scales since he can survive getting smacked around by her.

Though the head being pulled back does make me kinda question whether it should scale since he overpowered another giant creature charging towards him, and low-ball pixel-scaling says it's 4 meters tall and 14 meters long, only other animal that long or comparably tall is a humpback whale, which weighs in an average of 90 metric tons. Still nowhere near Class M tho

Length upgrade for Geralt, eh?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fun fact: Both Dettlaff and Ge'els share the same VA

Geralt also shares his Japanese VA with Hit

New Witcher game was confirmed, hope to see Geralt again as the main protagonist, and great chance to see new magic abilities, unfortunately we'll to wait like 2/3 years probably. In the meantime, hope to see some new comics from Dark Horse Comics, good chance to get some new interesting feats.

Apollodoro055 said:
New Witcher game was confirmed, hope to see Geralt again as the main protagonist, and great chance to see new magic abilities, unfortunately we'll to wait like 2/3 years probably. In the meantime, hope to see some new comics from Dark Horse Comics, good chance to get some new interesting feats.
Honestly im hoping Ciri is the protag. I see Witcher 3 as the end of Geralt's story where he finally settles down and retires.

However Ciri is still young and there is alot for her to be explored. Ciri with her Elderblood powers doing Witcher things would be cool.

We don't know yet, but if it will be the case, hope to see a new protagonist waaay better than Geralt otherwise I'm done with this franchise. Not Ciri for me.

It DOES mean it's over with the character. Adam Kiciński already said that they don't want to make Geralt the main character again

There is no sense continuing story of a character who was out there for over 30 years in forms of 8 books, 3 games + 2 DLC's and comics who has finally found some peace

We can just to wait some years, I just hope to not see Witcher become something like Fallout or Dragon Age, Witcher is still a franchise with specific characters. Talking about Sapkowski, he'll probably publish a new Witcher novel, as he implied in an interview one or two years ago

Steve Rogers1 said:
Geralt is now settled down in Toussaint where he may take the occasional contract. He won't be involved in any major events.
That choice depend on gamers, just like Ciri's future.

In all games almost everything depends on the player's choice, and yet there were still sequels, so it's easy.

How about another round of Gwent?

Even if there are multiple endings, they'll make one of them canon (whether Ciri became empress of Nilfgaard is hard to not reference).

They already confirmed it won't be a direct sequel, and CDPR managment stated that they want Witcher 3 to be the conclusion to Geralt's story and that if he returns it will be a cameo. While I prefer if the protagonist is a mage, "Witcher" is part of the title, so I think the most likely outcome is a player-created Witcher character with a definitive backstory similar to Cyberpunk 2077.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
How about another round of Gwent?
Even if there are multiple endings, they'll make one of them canon (whether Ciri became empress of Nilfgaard is hard to not reference).

They already confirmed it won't be a direct sequel, and CDPR managment stated that they want Witcher 3 to be the conclusion to Geralt's story and that if he returns it will be a cameo. While I prefer if the protagonist is a mage, "Witcher" is part of the title, so I think the most likely outcome is a player-created Witcher character with a definitive backstory similar to Cyberpunk 2077.
Player created Witcher would be cool maybe, but I still hope they atleast reference Ciri in some way.

Witcher is a licensed product, is not Dragon Age, it's like Batman Arkham series, means you can't do whatever you want actually, a new Witcher game will be about a new Witcher, that's for sure, it can't be about a mage or an elve, but just about a Witcher. It could be a prequel about a new legendary Witcher lived 400 years before Geralt, and he was a legendary Witcher in his time just like Geralt, or a sequel, maybe settled some century after the event of Witcher 3, when, somehow mages are started to create new Witchers again, to keep handle and protect people against new monsters/threats. But, a sequel with Ciri or a sequel/prequel about Vesemir or Eskel or Lambert, is really unlikely, those characters aren't " powerful" or special as Geralt, and if you make a new game you need a protagonist which is at least "strong" as the older one; Lambert, Eskel, Vesemir, are nowhere good and special as Geralt as protagonists.

You think like that because we got the same protagonist for 34 years and never got to play as them, I would love to see some of those as protagonists

Witcher is about Geralt, and if you ask to Sapkowski he will say it's all about Geralt. But, books aside, we're talking about the games, and Geralt was the protagonist three times, now, his story is over according with CDPR, so, we need new materials, a new protagonist which is at least interesting as Geralt if not more, but, actually, doesn't exist another character interesting as Geralt and he need to be a Witcher. A prequel about the Golden Age of Witcher about a young Vesemir it could work probably, I'm not sure tho.

IMO having someone like Berengar who rejects being a Witcher and goes on his own completely other path would be the best, but it depends on someone's... taste

I'm pretty sure Geralt's story is over and there'll be a new protagonist. A GTA5-esque switchable protagonist trio of a mage, a Witcher and Ciri could be fun

TacticalNuke002 said:
I'm pretty sure Geralt's story is over and there'll be a new protagonist. A GTA5-esque switchable protagonist trio of a mage, a Witcher and Ciri could be fun
What do you guys think about this?

Why still using Ciri when she is part of Geralt's story since the first book? Witcher is about a Witcher, you can't be a mage, unless CDPR want to change a lot of things about this franchise.

A sequel about Ciri is still possible but even opinable since her story was always linked to Geralt's story, and, of course, CDPR need to take one of those endings from Witcher 3 and make it canonical. Months ago was talking about a Ciri sequel with big Witcher books/games fans, no one of them agreed to see Ciri as a new protagonist, especially because Ciri as a Witcher it's not the best choice for her, according with the books she should be the new Queen rather than a Witcher, which she isn't actually.

Back