• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Stop and Stomps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple if the battle starts with one person having automatic time stop which means the battle will just be one person moving and doing whatever they want while the other is just a random statue standing there...

Is that considered a stomp on this wiki cause even thou it's one hax, its still a hax that's more useful than having other thousand hax against a normal human as that is still more of a battle than a battle in which only one person will fight.

One Hax move can allow someone to stomp another, example, two characters have equal stats but one has time stop, he will freeze time and destroy him because he can't do anything. In my opinion it would be counted as a hax stomp because using a hax move he stomped him and there was nothing he could do.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
If the other character has resistance against time stop or has some other things to deal with it, then it's not a stomp.
I already said the other person has nothing against it at all.

Well Time Stop is a fair power overall, however I feel that most fight with a character with auto time stop does usually go in favor of the time stopper. However, I am not 100% sure here. Especially considering we never really argue how long it takes for said user to activate it. For example, hand gestures and such.

It would've been fine if the opponent Shana would be facing is more durable, but that would make it inconclusive.

Else, this:

Tenmoku Ikko: Shana has learned to summon the spirit of Tenmoku Ikko, the entity that resides within her sword, the Nietono no Shana. Tenmoku Ikko has insane physical strength and durability, and possesses durability Negation through his masterful sword attacks.

I can't confirm if this is true, but if it is, then it's all the more a stomp.

@Dragon let's say a simple hand gesture and with speed equalised which means the other person won't have time to react as they would both move their body with same speed.

Damn I just made a thread about this.

Anyway, a stomp is when a character easily wins over the other due to a plethora of abilities. Ryuko vs Reinhard, there's not a single thing Ryouko can do to hit Reinhard and Reinhard one shots with matter manipulation, that's a stomp.

Sakuya vs Bayo, this is not a stomp, because without time erasure, she gets haxed to death.

Time Stop is a tricky power overall. Some like Alphamon can stop time with a thought, others like Link need to use an item. So even judging movements is hard. And seeing as it is a pretty common power, I'd like to see what others say before saying Time Stoppers create Stomps. Not only that we need to make a clear rule of what is a Stomp and what is Decisive.

@Gemmy for Shana yes, that is a legit abilty as her special flames (from her spirit) can ignore durabilty.

Shana vs Erza is not at all a stomp IMO.

For crying out loud Shana has MCB dura in a 7A fight, Erza one shots and even with equal durability she still loses without time stop as Erza bodies her in Hax, versatility, skill, everything you can think of.

She wins because of ONE ability, if Sakuya vs Bayo isn't a stomp, Shana vs Erza isn't.

Gargoyle leave aside that battle now, but just to explain you.

Bayo can use erasure existence but Sakura can stil fight him before he does it or could dodge it or hax him before he use it.

Erza can just stand there as a statue nothing more nothing less, that why I said this is only for time stop abilty so, please drop that subject until this is settled.

As I said above,

The Question that needs to be answered is...

What is the difference between a decisive victory and a stomp?

To this day many people don't know the definitions and as such call Decisive Victories Stomps and Stomps Decisive Victories.

We need definitions to contrast the two.

Frankly, our vs rules are a bit on the stricter side anyway. I mean, look at what matches are added on the OBD compared to here. We're also pretty strict on stomps.

WilliamShadow said:
Gargoyle leave aside that battle now, but just to explain you.
Bayo can use erasure existence but Sakura can stil fight him before he does it or could dodge it or hax him before he use it.

Erza can just stand there as a statue nothing more nothing less, that why I said this is only for time stop abilty so, please drop that subject until this is settled.
I think you misread my comment, Sakuya uses Time Erasure, not Bayo, with it she wins at the start, just like Shana, without it she gets haxed to death by Bayo, just like Erza

I also literally just made a thread after you did that went into detail about what's a stomp and what isn't.

Yeah, but if we weren't strict on stomps, Then we'd have countless losses to a character's file that are quite obviously mismatches. Hence why on OBD I believe Goku still has a loss to Seiya on his file.

What I mean by that is that matches are claimed to be stomps when they aren't, so we remove them or not add them in the first place.

In my opinion, I can see a hax making the fight a stomp if it isn't the only one contributing to it. If the other one would win/it would be inconclusive without said hax, then it isn't a stomp imo

Hence why I said here we will define what is a Stomp and what is a Decisive Victory. Because we also have matches that are Decisive Victories, but are actually Stomps.

Now we are just wasting time with personal arguments and redundant threads. I'll just post your comment and remove your thread.

For me, if a person can win, then it's not a stomp, but if a person can't win, then it still isn't a stomp depending on the circumstances.

1. If the character who inevitably wins still needs time and effort to eventually take down his opponent or...

2. Said character only inevitably wins because of a small power that ends the fight, Sakuya loses to Bayo without time erasure, though she wins with it without any difficulty.

What is a stomp.

1. A character who easily wins no matter what the two characters do. Due to a plethora of abilities one has over the other. Reinhard vs Ryouko, there's not a single thing Ryouko can do to even hit Reinhard, and Reinhard one shots with matter manipulation, that's a stomp.

The timestop abilty can be countered by having high Regenerationn or other things that prevents the opponent body from being destroyed and matches with characters that cannot move from infinite time stop should not be considered.

^Dark we talk about people that have nothing to counter it, that can just stand there and get killed.

I said that they shoud not be considered because it's a easy win for the user, but not stomp if their stats are similar.

I also think that the Dragonmasterxyz post that he copied from Gargoyle One seems to make sense.

So basically if one person stops time the moment battle start and the other person will just stand there until they get killed it's not a stomp simply because it's only 1 hax advantage? That's a weird rule, but ok.

I appreciate the comments about my post guys.

Winning because of one ability and getting stomped otherwise isn't a stomp, I'll say it again, MCB dura for Shana in a Mountain level fight, if anything Shana stops time before Erza breathes too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back