• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time-Traveler vs Space-Explorer

Our big-mouth protagonist Shiki is enjoying a meal after returning to Bluegarden after a tiring expedition.
It seemed as though he'd finally get a break. Though he was wrong.
"Get out of my way!"
Thud
The foundation of the restaurant had shaken from the outside.
Shiki quickly rushes out to inspect the scene.
"I'm going to find Mother and return home. I can't let any of you stop me!"
It was a grey-haired Hedgehog with spiky quills, hovering in the air over unconscious thugs. Though Shiki wasn't aware of this.
"You're looking for mother too? Maybe we could be friends!"
He eagerly held his hand out, slightly bowing.
"I... I'll have to decline your offer. I was told you only get one wish. If I don't return home soon, who knows what could happen to the future."
"Future...? If you really need a wish, I don't mind helping a-"

Rebecca had taken a shot at Silver from around the corner. She believed Silver to be a common nuisance. The round grazed him. He quickly turns around and faces her.
"Why do you all insist on throwing yourselves at me?! Don't you know?-- It's no use!"
He whips his hand forward and Rebecca's veiled by a blue aura. Silver motions his hand forward, sending Rebecca flying Kilometers.
Shiki became enraged. He couldn't let his friends be hurt without trying to protect them. He leaps at Silver and throws a punch.
Silver at the last second turns around, the punch causing his face to contort.
Shiki tried to follow up the blow with a kick, but Silver launched him back by creating a barrier and expanding it.
"Just when I started to trust someone here... If you continue to stand in my way, then I'll crush you!"
img_anime.png

730-7304631_silver-the-hedgehog.png

Silver the Hedgehog vs Shiki Granbell
In-character, but willing to kill
Speed Equalized
Win by K.O., Death, or Incapacitation
Starting distance: 100 meters
Keys: Neo Metal Sonic Saga | Beginning of Series
Restrictions: Nothing beyond Small Town level for Shiki

Silver the Hedgehog: 1 (@Maverick_Zero_X)
Shiki Granbell: 0
Inconclusive: 0​

Last edited:
wanna be honest the moment i saw the keys for IDW Sonic i wondered if someone would do a match with their 5-A keys,

like Shiki vs Sonic

I figure after this match that I'd do something with that. I could use Super Sonic or Super Neo Metal Sonic, but I considered doing a "rematch" between these two seeing as one of them needs to lose (Well, assuming this isn't an incon anyway).

Shiki is over 3x stronger and can crush Silver’s internal organs with his Gravity powers, but Silver’s Psychokinesis is Class T so I don’t see how Shiki could overcome being completely immobilized.

Weaknesses: A crippling fear of insects. An EMP will disable his Ether Gear temporarily and binding his hands will leave him unable to use his Ether Gear at all, however this is no longer an issue after training with Xenolith. Buoyancy causes his powers to act up underwater.

Shiki’s first key is pre-Xenolith training right?

just to specify even if Shiki is tied up or bounded, as long as he can move his arms he can still use his powers

just to specify even if Shiki is tied up or bounded, as long as he can move his arms he can still use his powers
I think it may depend on Silver's concentration, but usually, when he grabs onto someone, he completely immobilizes them. Though I think there are times where the enemy either gets free or are floating but flopping around while being held up (I believe that only occurred when he came to help against Zombots).

Silver’s psychic binding is complete immobilization/paralysis when he’s just concentrating on one opponent so he should be able to fulfill the weakness.

This match seems to be heavily more in Silver's favor than I thought. I thought the 3x AP/Dura advantage would even things out a bit. As Silver wouldn't be able to do a ton of damage to Shiki, but he can't really do anything once he's been caught. Seems like a borderline stomp. I guess the argument could be made that he goes for gravity projectiles at the same time Silver uses Psychokinesis on him, and thus once he grabs onto him, he'd be hit and thus lose his grip on him. But that seems awfully specific and doesn't feel likely to happen.

I guess I'll vote for Silver if this isn't deemed a stomp. Maybe someone will argue in Shiki's favor.

Back