• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 5

7 episodes for WWIII arc sounds like a good timescale.

I kinda wish Accelerator vs Ghiaccio would be a decent match, because they have the same VA (I think... 99% sure) and are voiced exactly the same way.

9? Thought it's 24 episodes total.

I finally got around to do the Qliphah Puzzle 545 profile. Since I have written it in the middle of the night and since I am a bit confused by the details of Qliphah's power there is probably some work more work to do on it.

Two things in particular:

1. Does she has power through the Beheading Coins? That is, does she actually have supernatural influence through them or are they just a psychological tool?

2. I have listed her regen as High-Mid for now for surviving Aleister popping her like a balloon. However, she can also form her body from the random trash around Accelerator, which makes it seem like she doesn't need any particular physical parts. So are the paths of the Qliphoth she regenerates from actually physical representations of the tree or are we talking about not physical ones? The latter would explain how she can reform her body from random trash, but would in turn mean Aleister destroyed some non-corporeal construct, so I am not sure.

i think the coins gives her more control she can influence people just fine without them, it works on GD members and mathers too

and she is similar to grimories she just takes energy from the tree itself instead of the planet, but she is weak to exorcising like aleister did and cutting of her energy source, anyway like grimories she can still be killed if u destroy the planet

If we are talking influence, should she have mind manipulation or something?

Which level of Regenerationn should she have, though?

high regen ? she is mentioned to be similar to angels

I don't know about mind manipulation, i mean it worked on GD members the spell/ability is called madness of war i don't understand if it works by mind manipulation, applying filter like archetype controller, or creating the atmosphere of war

reading the newspaper on her body and her hole in here head cause corruption of the mind

people that are able to control energy forms can harm her tho

She should have Empathic Manipulation, since she can cause hostility in others.

The effect she can cause in unprepared people should be listed as a power, not just in the Intelligence section. She did try to use that to leave Aleister defenseless as she prepared to kill her. She can also apparently "shatter minds" somehow.

And while she stood there, motionless, the barefoot demon walked toward her in such an obvious way it almost felt unrealistic. The English newspapers forming her slit-covered shoulderless dress produced an unpleasant sound. Would she shatter the silver girl's mind, or would she use her other pawns to skewer the silver girl's motionless body over and over? She was a symbol of lies. She was more beautiful than anyone yet she wore a collection of trash. She tilted her head as she slowly approached and chose the silver girl's fate.

i think it was meant to be similar to grimorie corruption as even her dress is supposed to represent the '''Qliphoth'''

The mind shattering being via the Qliphoth knowledge thing makes sense I think, even though I am not 100% sure if it is transmitted via the text on her dress. Would make sense, though.

If her dress represents the Qliphoth would the paths one needs to destroy in order to destroy her physical vessel also be parts of the dress?

She can magically cause hostility? In that case, that's probably the influence transmitted through the beheading coins.

That aside, I would suggest you guys just go ahead and edit the profile, to include what's necessary.

she has not need for the beading coin for just hostility, the coin give her more range and people to affect and more control i think as it made kanzaki even kill

the dress has the quiphoth on it, in the version 3 u can see it fully
Ni_r72.jpg

in the last version is hidden pretty well

the paths are part of the dress yes but i don't think just physical harming the dress is enough

the new ep was very... Eh. Not so good animation, and they changed Worst's design to a "just a little bit older and cuter than Misaka" instead of using the "I'm a crack addict with mental problems and suicidal tendencies"

I swear the animation budget is entirely in the backgrounds. Cause those look great.

Shut up DT =__=

Next thing you says something positive about the anime "aside from the OP and ED" I am gonna report you.

I have watched lots of ecchi animes in my teenage years. Nothing can overcome my ability to ignore anything but the good parts!

I had forgotten about it, but if there's one good thing of Index Season III is that we also get Railgun SS3, and the first two chapters are already up. I wonder if the whole violing thing is somehow part of an elaborate magic scheme to continue the trend of Railgun SS novels having magic side antagonists.

Also, Mikoto nearly gets killed by leather and we are maybe getting a pretty skilled Telekinesis user.

I just noticed Railgun Schutz Staffel 3 being out yesterday. I will probably start reading it soon.

That aside, it looks like we might get some gunha in astral buddy.

Looks like Iruka's ninja friend is using Hard Taping, so we likely have Subsonic Junko. We can probably update her profile once the chapter is translated to also upgrade her AP/Durability and add her regen.

Sounds like we might get a proper explanation on what Aeon's do in to aru.

Nah, I doubt it. Seemed to have to do with Aeon mechanics and was actually compared to Othinus (planet to multi-planet level) crossbow instead of her gugnir.

Considering she is using power from the god tiers of the egyptian mythology I find it extremely hard to believe coronzon isn't tier 1. Touma negates gungnir, Othinus says IB is not enough to suppress Coronzons attack, That would be Tier 1.

Also the attack potency of Lola's attack is not actually compared to Othinus' crossbow at all. it was just recalling the last time Touma got killed. Also Othinus' Crossbow is not infinitely weaker than her other attacks, seeing as she can actually harm herself with it, so it's a mute point that way aswell.

Also small note: Touma could actually deflect the crossbow bolt with IB, here it just got smashed along with him instantly.

I have to agree on the comparison about the crossbow cannot be about its level of power, considering the crossbow bolt that did him in never touched IB and just blew his body from the chest down, plus Touma ended up deflecting one later.

Well guys time to make a new key for touma but this time without right arm T_T

edit: and if spoilers are to be believed accel can beat coronzon, so we can end the debate about magnitude yes or not

4 chan or deduce it from the illustrations (clue touma first 4 illustrations don't have his right harm as it's hidden and flappy)

Back