• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 6

Just finished reading NT22R, and and I have a question. We already know that accel reflection can defend against spatial attack like teleporter than can ignore physical barriers, but in NT22R accel can't defense against curtana dimensional slash ability, why? Does this related to curtana ability that can harm higher existence like aiwass or there is something that I missed there? Thank you

because shes cutting at the point the barrier exists and not accelerator himself. she tried to hit him directly but he can reflect it just fine

a little similiar to the pullback punch method which needed you to reverse your punch at the exact time it touches the barrier. shes trying to slash the barrier at that point.

Yea the actual "Omnidimensional Severing" can't be stopped due to Curtana's UK priority hax. But Elizard can't actually hit him with it unless she precisely severs the coordinates of his barrier. However, this is extermey hard to do because Accelerator merely has to alter Curtana's vectors to change its trajectory so she never hits him.

It different from teleporting/telefraging which gets redirected because it uses 11th dimensional vectors which is still directional movement only it skips distance in the 3D world.

So if curtana tried to slash accelerator himself directly, the dimensional slash can be reflected, but if curtana slice the coordinate where accelerator barrier exist it will slash pass through accel reflection?

Reyzakurrota said:
Just finished reading NT22R, and and I have a question. We already know that accel reflection can defend against spatial attack like teleporter than can ignore physical barriers, but in NT22R accel can't defense against curtana dimensional slash ability, why? Does this related to curtana ability that can harm higher existence like aiwass or there is something that I missed there? Thank you
Accel was reflecting it just fine, she only managed to gaze him by barely slicing through the coorinates of his barrier, or rather she hit a blind spot. As Elizard pointed out though being able to slice through is not an easy task and now that Accel knows of it, it's unlikely it will ever work again.

Genesis testement? Interesting.

I got a calculation of Gabriel's "Astro in Hand" feat. The level makes no sense with talent. The results were gigantic in speed levels.

I feel like this was self explanatory for years honestly. He's not bothered by heat, cold and we already know he's able to change matter when Mugino's beams came into contact with him. Plus Kinetic energy has properties of heat and cold to manipulate, but it's cool to actually see it.

Scrlk666777 said:
'It looks like Accelerator may have some control over temperture. 'Accel: I created an instantaneous expansion of air. That lets me manipulate the temperature all I like.
This is from the latest Accel chapter.

https://pastebin.com/8B9LwKvS (line 278)
..... was that not clear ? i mean people do know temperature is just how much agitated (or in monition) the atom is right ? there is no inherit quantum particle for temperature like mass

Yeah, it was clear to us but not so much to others.

There's still a couple on here who like to debate that tempreture like heat and the cold would work on Accelerator because it techincally doesn't fall under the vector catergory but rather the scalar catergory.

This basically puts it to bed that temperture has no effect on him, meaning it can't bypass his reflection and that he can manipulate it, at least to some extent.

Yeah, but heat FLUX has vectors. You kind of need directions for temperature to actually interact with anything. I swear, people love to nitpick to most idiotic things sometimes.

You can't report someone for debating otherwise it defeats the purpose of these boards.

I also think it's more some people like absolute proof that a character can do something, by that it must be seen or at least been mentioned.

It;s kind of like how Accelerator reflection didn't become High 1-C until it was seen in NT22 even though logic would tell us that reflection has basically no limits.

Didn't accel walked through a melted? patch of ashfault( or whatever it was) during the C-Document Arc? and Survive a dust explosion that he created.

For heat resistance it clearly stated in LN and anime, but for cold resistance almost there is no scene in canon that show accel resist to cold. And most people think accel didn't resist to cold temperature

The heat argument never made much sense, since Accelerator's powers being able to handle heat has been a thing with several statements and feats from the beginning, this just confirms he knows how to manipulate heat offensively. It's just like sound, we know it is covered by Accelerator's reflection, but it's only recently that he bothered to actually use a sonic attack.

And as I remember until accel manga chapter 59 there is no feat accel can manipulate cold, but maybe from new chapter he can control temperature, whether it heat or cold

Basically what Lazy said. It's just an argument used by people who don't understand his ability. It's interesting that he's able to manipulate the overall temperature but that comes with atom/matter manipulation to the level he can do. He has several ways of doing this through kinetics too technically.

Yes, the new feat from the manga confirms he can control all temperatures since he freezes the air completely in the new chapter. So heat and cold through a process called "adiabatic expansion" is manipulatable.

Also he has survived cold temperatures without having commented on it once nor caring. In NT22 it's clearly stated too that the cold didn't affect him whatsoever. Why would it? Just gather all the heat inside himself and prevent any from escaping. It's pretty simple.

The new Railgun chapter finally gives up a feat for the Dragons, after soo many years as well since their introduction. Its a Dura Feat but still I'm happy.

The dragons were never a power of IB. IB doesn't have any sub-powers.

@Jbennett Actually we kinda already knew this. Touma without IB can turn into a dragon and in NTR22 he basically easily swatted away Mikoto's railgun.

AIM Jammers shouldn't be a problem to Kimi if the Dragons weren't esper powers, and gemstones can also be unexplainable to science (Gunha, Himegami are good examples).

That might not have anything to do with the Dragon specifically and just that her power that contains it can't manifest it properly. It doesn't rule out it being an Esper Power unless her ability itself is to copy them. We need to wait for her power to be revealed.

I think so but I'm not sure if it should be added as merely temperture manipulation or rather an added on addition of him being able to manipulate air and matter.

Back