• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun CRT

In light of Season 2 annoucement and the anime adaptation of its spinoff series "After School Hanako-Kun" continuing, I thought today would be a good day to provide revisions for the verse on this wiki. I've seen the cosomolgy scales on fourms for the verse and bit of back and forth about the Japanese translations and I think ithe cosmology is pretty valid, but the character scaling is not THAT high. So, lets do this, shall we?

Attack Potency:
The high tiers of the verse should cap at around Multi-Galaxy or Universal levels of power, with lower tiers scaling to at least solar system to multi-galaxy if we take scaling from the boundary creation. Kou referred to boundaries as "the ocean that divides the netherworld and this world". This is important as some people choose to take the word 境界 (Kyōkai) in this context at face value, when in actualality, boundaries aren't just dividers for the worlds.

When entering Yako's Boundary, Hanako (who is also depicted as the narrator in this case) describes Yako's boundary as 異界 (Ikai) This is important to note as Ikai in japanese literally translates to "spirit world" or "alien world", but given the context of the supernatural themes of JSHK, it would be spirit world (which is still the translation most accurate.) This is important as "Ikai" is a derivative of "Sekai", an ambigous term used to describe a society, a planet or universe- due to semantics. Given how Yako's world has stars present within them, it CAN be determined to be at least solar system, or galaxy in size. However, an argument can be made that the stars are simply a backdrop which isn't the case.

In the innermost reaches of Yako's boundary, where her Yorishiro is held, Yashiro describes the atmosphere being much different than at the top of the staircase, which has stars present the higher you go up. And in the anime, it is shown as being daytime rather than simply just glowing (like i've seen many argue.) And as we know, when a Yorishiro is destroyed, the power of the supernatural is weakened significantly. And when Yako's Yorishiro is removed, her boundary fragments and is destroyed.

This isn't the only showing of this, as Shijima Mei is capable of creating parallel worlds in her boundary, which are seperated from reality. With her being able to create stars and induce meteorlogical events in the worlds. With even having stars like Antares being created, and Hanako who is well versed in astromny being able to point it out. This is consistent with the fact that Yako, who among the Wonders, has some of the least impressive feats combat wise (besides Tsuchigomori) has that level of creation feats which scale her AP that high. Both Sealed Staff Kou and Base Hanako can combat her somewhat in her domain, which should scale them around that level. And I shall add, these worlds are reffered to as Sekais rather than Ikais, which still makes it consistent with Yako's Boundary scaling, as Shijima's world is meant to be a psudeo-living world. People try to use the moon not being the same size as the normal moon, which I personally think is a pretty bad argument, as the moon appears a set size in the sky and doesn't remain consistent in size when it approaches the main cast. It's likely it shrunk as it approached, which can be directly attributed to Shijima being able to manipualte reality in her boundary.

There are a whole lot more feats I can touch on for AP, but I believe this is long enough. Several characters in the series scale to or massively above Yako, with Tsuchigomori being the only outlier among the Wonders. As for this, AP wise a good majority of the verse who scale relative Yako (Kou, Mitsuba, etc) should have these levels of Attack Potency. With high tiers like Shinigami, Shijima Teru, Akane (+ other clockkeepers), and Hanako scaling far above Yako. And Tsukasa mf Yugi scales massively above the Wonders like the Clockkeepers (credit to Arianninc for the scans).

Speed

Most characters who scale to or above Kou in the series scale around Lightning, such as Hanako being able to dodge spirit lightning before it affects him. Usually we're under the assumption that Spirit Lightning isn't able to affect Hanako, but Teru is able to bring Hanako back to his base state and damage him with his katana. With Teru opting to use Lightning before he knocks him out of the transformed state. Making it more likely he can simply dodge the Lightning. In addition, there are more feats of characters like Shinigami being able to blitz Teru pretty easily.

That's the scaling, as I say (I won't be going over hax as there are too many in this damned series.)

WE ARE DONE WITH THE WALL LEVEL SCALING !!!!

In light of Season 2 annoucement and the anime adaptation of its spinoff series "After School Hanako-Kun" continuing, I thought today would be a good day to provide revisions for the verse on this wiki. I've seen the cosomolgy scales on fourms for the verse and bit of back and forth about the Japanese translations and I think ithe cosmology is pretty valid, but the character scaling is not THAT high. So, lets do this, shall we?

Attack Potency:
The high tiers of the verse should cap at around Multi-Galaxy or Universal levels of power, with lower tiers scaling to at least solar system to multi-galaxy if we take scaling from the boundary creation. Kou referred to boundaries as "the ocean that divides the netherworld and this world". This is important as some people choose to take the word 境界 (Kyōkai) in this context at face value, when in actualality, boundaries aren't just dividers for the worlds.

When entering Yako's Boundary, Hanako (who is also depicted as the narrator in this case) describes Yako's boundary as 異界 (Ikai) This is important to note as Ikai in japanese literally translates to "spirit world" or "alien world", but given the context of the supernatural themes of JSHK, it would be spirit world (which is still the translation most accurate.) This is important as "Ikai" is a derivative of "Sekai", an ambigous term used to describe a society, a planet or universe- due to semantics. Given how Yako's world has stars present within them, it CAN be determined to be at least solar system, or galaxy in size. However, an argument can be made that the stars are simply a backdrop which isn't the case.

In the innermost reaches of Yako's boundary, where her Yorishiro is held, Yashiro describes the atmosphere being much different than at the top of the staircase, which has stars present the higher you go up. And in the anime, it is shown as being daytime rather than simply just glowing (like i've seen many argue.) And as we know, when a Yorishiro is destroyed, the power of the supernatural is weakened significantly. And when Yako's Yorishiro is removed, her boundary fragments and is destroyed.

This isn't the only showing of this, as Shijima Mei is capable of creating parallel worlds in her boundary, which are seperated from reality. With her being able to create stars and induce meteorlogical events in the worlds. With even having stars like Antares being created, and Hanako who is well versed in astromny being able to point it out. This is consistent with the fact that Yako, who among the Wonders, has some of the least impressive feats combat wise (besides Tsuchigomori) has that level of creation feats which scale her AP that high. Both Sealed Staff Kou and Base Hanako can combat her somewhat in her domain, which should scale them around that level. And I shall add, these worlds are reffered to as Sekais rather than Ikais, which still makes it consistent with Yako's Boundary scaling, as Shijima's world is meant to be a psudeo-living world. People try to use the moon not being the same size as the normal moon, which I personally think is a pretty bad argument, as the moon appears a set size in the sky and doesn't remain consistent in size when it approaches the main cast. It's likely it shrunk as it approached, which can be directly attributed to Shijima being able to manipualte reality in her boundary.

There are a whole lot more feats I can touch on for AP, but I believe this is long enough. Several characters in the series scale to or massively above Yako, with Tsuchigomori being the only outlier among the Wonders. As for this, AP wise a good majority of the verse who scale relative Yako (Kou, Mitsuba, etc) should have these levels of Attack Potency. With high tiers like Shinigami, Shijima Teru, Akane (+ other clockkeepers), and Hanako scaling far above Yako. And Tsukasa mf Yugi scales massively above the Wonders like the Clockkeepers (credit to Arianninc for the scans).

Speed

Most characters who scale to or above Kou in the series scale around Lightning, such as Hanako being able to dodge spirit lightning before it affects him. Usually we're under the assumption that Spirit Lightning isn't able to affect Hanako, but Teru is able to bring Hanako back to his base state and damage him with his katana. With Teru opting to use Lightning before he knocks him out of the transformed state. Making it more likely he can simply dodge the Lightning. In addition, there are more feats of characters like Shinigami being able to blitz Teru pretty easily.

That's the scaling, as I say (I won't be going over hax as there are too many in this damned series.)

WE ARE DONE WITH THE WALL LEVEL SCALING !!!!
gotta bump this, mods needa peep

Back