• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

@Emirp sumitpo

Ok, but almost every panel shows those buildings as gigantic, but NOT gigantic enough to be visible from space. Can you show me scans where they are drawn to be the size of countries?

What makes Bomber Megatron's durability city level? Does he have feats that scale him to his own firepower? He doesn't use physical strength to one shot cities, so how does firepower scale to durability?

What else can they tank that condradicts the ballistics thing? Even if they are above tier 9, they shouldn't be too much above if so many tier 9 anti feats exist. Overall all of those feats show the writers's consistent intention that they are not even close to city level, let alone multi-continent.

Other high A-6 feats seem to be statements like, Sixshot can destroy civilization? That doesn't necessarily mean he is multi-continent, especially when we have never seen him dish put such attacks. And he is a high tier anyway, doesn't really scale to most of the other characters. I highly doubt the writers had something specific like "he can one shot continents" when they wrote him as a planet killer. There is another thing, but I am not sure, Sixshot is only moreçe often than not only deployed in Phase 6 of infiltration miasions, so doesn't he strike more vulnerable civilization?
I never they were the size of countries, just because they're big doesn't mean country sized

Megatron's railgun is literally a part of him, and all IDW characters have been shown to tank their own attacks.

Decepticons have been shown to tank bombs, nukes and other missiles before. And weapons that are far stronger than human weaponry.

The phase Sixers do attack vulnerable worlds, yes, but the point is that they raze they world till it's a dead world or uninhabitable, it's been stated so many times in the series that that is the point of the phase Sixers, being strong enough to burn an entire world to the point of uninhabitance. Overlord is stated to be able to shave an inch of a planet, which is calced to be High 6-A and characters like tarn can punch through a forcefield that can tank a high 6-A attack. Some of the characters are comparable if not superior reapers who can raze an entire world. Optimus and Megatron are arguably stronger than sixshot or overlord

Many of these high tier characters are strong to raze worlds by themselves and is why a lot of profiles, such as starscream, got deleted. Only characters with consistent feats get to stay.

Last edited:
A lot of this is just gonna be how my fanfiction is tbh

Optimus - Well duh, it’s Optimus Prime. I would eventually kill him off, but I’d keep it permanent to be different.
Elita - I really like Elita and I think she should be an equal to Optimus and Megatron, so she’s here.
Arcee - She’d be like a mix of Prime/IDW, and one of the more major characters. TFP and IDW made her one of my favorite characters in the franchise, and I feel like there can’t be a series without her. She would also be a younger female character than Elita, so she would “grow up” as the series progresses. When Optimus dies, she would get the Matrix and become Aileron Prime.
Bee - I would go with Bee originally having his voice, but he loses it eventually. He’s the same age as Arcee, so he starts out as the young kid appeal character that he usually is, but he eventually matures as the series goes on.
Kup - Kup would basically take the Ironhide role, and be a mentor to Optimus and Elita. He’d pretty much be the third-in-command behind those two. I picked Kup over Ironhide just because I like Kup, and he would make for some good flashbacks to previous Cybertronian wars.
Red Alert - This would be based on Animated Red Alert cause the more femmes the better and of course, she’d be the Autobot medic. She’d probably be the weakest of the team, but not a pushover by any means. I picked her over Ratchet because Ratchet is already popular.
Wheeljack - The Autobots need a scientist, so they’d get a G1 style Wheeljack here. But I’d also include some aspects of TFP, like him being a Wrecker and a swordsman.
Jetfire - Bayformers-based, so he’d be a gruff old man like Kup. He would also be a former Decepticon and Kup’s rival from when they were young.

Megatron - Is anyone surprised that he’s here? I would go with a Bayverse (2007 specifically) design for him, although with some G1 aspects like the fusion cannon on the arm.
Starscream - There always has to be a Starscream.
Blackout - He would be the third-in-command, and the embodiment of loyalty to counter Screamer’s treachery. And as I’ve said before, I think Blackout should be way more present way in the franchise.
Soundwave - 100% based on TFP here. TFP is my favorite portrayal of Soundwave and it makes him seem way more badass.
Shockwave - Shockwave seems like he should just always be present, like Starscream and Soundwave. I would have him be a bit reclusive, rarely ever actually getting into fights, but I’d make him stronger than Optimus and Megatron. Basically, the strongest of the main group.
Barricade - The bestest of best bois. This is about to be entirely my fanfiction Barricade lol. He starts as an Autobot, and best friends with Arcee and Bumblebee. Eventually, something happens and he goes over to the Decepticons. He would, like Arcee and Bumblebee, mature as the series goes on.
Slipstream - She would be Starscream’s younger sister that’s more mature than he is. She’s a pretty basic choice for a female Decepticon, but I feel like she works.
Airachnid - My favorite female Decepticon, and she works as a rival for Arcee. Plus I want to have her annoy Soundwave as a running gag.
Thunderblast - I like the idea of someone being horny for Megatron idk
Knock Out - The Decepticons need a medic, and he was one of my favorites from TFP. And he works as another rival from Bumblebee, because while Barricade would be his rival, I would make him (and Arcee) quite a bit stronger than Bee.

@Emirp sumitpo
That would still make it highly inconsistent since we are talking about a crater visible from space. Although big, I don't think Metroplex is visible from space:

That logic doesn't really work. It being a part of him doesn't really mean he is tanking his own blast. We don't know the internal mechanism of how his weapons work.

What other things other characters tanked that puts them so much above tier 9 (I am talking about characters besides the high tiers)?

Shaving an inch of a planet is kind of vague.

Can you show scans of the razing world thing?

Not sure about Tarn getting inside Trailbreaker's forcefield. Does Megatron control the intensity of it? Megatron says the plan was to contain them inside the field. Right after Tarn seemingly breaks through, all the others casually walk inside. Doesn't that imply Megatron let them in?

@Emirp sumitpo
The Tarn thing doesn't even seem to make much sense. DJD, including Tarn, can be casually dismantled by anti-matter, yet the force field easily tanks the anti matter explosion, yet Tarn can break through it with enough effort. Isn't that kind of condradictory? As I said, maybe Megatron let them in, considering they could casually walk in the second after Tarn seemingly broke through, but I am not sure if my explanation is true.

Why are you bringing metroplex into this?

The rail gun is charged from ore 13 that is inside his own body, which is the same stuff that is powering his body, the rail gun even form his wings in jet mode.

The kinetic harpoon, they survived torraxis, they survive many other natural disasters. Skywarp could create huge craters and they have survived much strongee cybertronian weaponry.

It ain't, chromedome was literally in his overlord's mind and memories in the scene and was talking to overlord about his past.

I have the scans in my computer (but I'm not on my pc), but the point of the phase Sixers is to attack vulnerable worlds, destroy it to the point it is uninhabitable and the world is unable to react in time so the timeframe would be short, then built upon it for colonization.

Megatron does not control the intensity of it, it took tarn awhile and some effort to get in, so it's not like tarn can just effortlessly walk out again as getting. The antimatter thing is durability negation.

This was something that was talked about in previous threads.

Optimus - Well duh, it’s Optimus Prime. I would eventually kill him off, but I’d keep it permanent to be different.
Elita - I really like Elita and I think she should be an equal to Optimus and Megatron, so she’s here.
Arcee - She’d be like a mix of Prime/IDW, and one of the more major characters. TFP and IDW made her one of my favorite characters in the franchise, and I feel like there can’t be a series without her. She would also be a younger female character than Elita, so she would “grow up” as the series progresses. When Optimus dies, she would get the Matrix and become Aileron Prime.
Bee - I would go with Bee originally having his voice, but he loses it eventually. He’s the same age as Arcee, so he starts out as the young kid appeal character that he usually is, but he eventually matures as the series goes on.
Kup - Kup would basically take the Ironhide role, and be a mentor to Optimus and Elita. He’d pretty much be the third-in-command behind those two. I picked Kup over Ironhide just because I like Kup, and he would make for some good flashbacks to previous Cybertronian wars.
Red Alert - This would be based on Animated Red Alert cause the more femmes the better and of course, she’d be the Autobot medic. She’d probably be the weakest of the team, but not a pushover by any means. I picked her over Ratchet because Ratchet is already popular.
Wheeljack - The Autobots need a scientist, so they’d get a G1 style Wheeljack here. But I’d also include some aspects of TFP, like him being a Wrecker and a swordsman.
Jetfire - Bayformers-based, so he’d be a gruff old man like Kup. He would also be a former Decepticon and Kup’s rival from when they were young.

Megatron - Is anyone surprised that he’s here? I would go with a Bayverse (2007 specifically) design for him, although with some G1 aspects like the fusion cannon on the arm.
Blackout - He would be the third-in-command, and the embodiment of loyalty to counter Screamer’s treachery. And as I’ve said before, I think Blackout should be way more present way in the franchise.
Soundwave - 100% based on TFP here. TFP is my favorite portrayal of Soundwave and it makes him seem way more badass.
Shockwave - Shockwave seems like he should just always be present, like Starscream and Soundwave. I would have him be a bit reclusive, rarely ever actually getting into fights, but I’d make him stronger than Optimus and Megatron. Basically, the strongest of the main group.
Barricade - The bestest of best bois. This is about to be entirely my fanfiction Barricade lol. He starts as an Autobot, and best friends with Arcee and Bumblebee. Eventually, something happens and he goes over to the Decepticons. He would, like Arcee and Bumblebee, mature as the series goes on.
Slipstream - She would be Starscream’s younger sister that’s more mature than he is. She’s a pretty basic choice for a female Decepticon, but I feel like she works.
Airachnid - My favorite female Decepticon, and she works as a rival for Arcee. Plus I want to have her annoy Soundwave as a running gag.
Knock Out - The Decepticons need a medic, and he was one of my favorites from TFP. And he works as another rival from Bumblebee, because while Barricade would be his rival, I would make him (and Arcee) quite a bit stronger than Bee.

Art.

Those are neat! But again, going from a more narrative line of thinking, I feel like it is too much characters to work with. Logically, that is not a rule and a cast with alot of characters from the start can work, but depending on what you're going maybe you would need alot of time to characterize those characters in situations.

They all serve different functions, yes, but working them out can be quite the challenge and may make the pacing bad (though I very much like slow pacing where the thing I am consuming takes its time to set things up, but alot of people don't like that)

Like, there is 18 initial characters + more that would be introduced (I assume)

Like, Slipstream, Jetfire and Elita feel like could come later instead of being there already

Anyhow, about the power on your story, I wouldn't really focus on that, sure, having some guidelines is neat, but I think that should be second, in alot of stories, someone is defeated to come back and defeat the one who defeated them in the first place.

Well, anyhow, you can dismiss everything that I said, it is just my opinion, but you should do what makes you happy, and not what makes others happy. I just like a smaller cast from the start that grows up a little

My actual fanfic does some of the things you mentioned. There’s a lot of setup for later (the actual war doesn’t start until season two, and they don’t go to Earth until season four).

And a lot of characters are introduced early, but they do get development eventually. Like, for example, Prowl is introduced in season one, but he doesn’t get much spotlight until S1, Arc 2.

And I try to keep plot over power, especially since a lot of characters just have shonen type progression. For example, Elita starts as significantly weaker than Sixshot, but after training with Megatron and Ironhide, she becomes equal to Sixshot and ultimately beats him. Or Barricade, he starts as equal to Bumblebee and much weaker than Arcee, but after becoming a Decepticon and training with the DJD, he is able to fight on par with Arcee and even overpower her slightly.

And when they eventually go to Earth, the squads would almost entirely be characters that have already gotten development and a few characters that would be blank canvases so there’s still some room for development. And even the already developed characters would get some more (like Barricade would have a redemption arc).

@Primestar3 Because of the inconsistency with IDW, we decided to give them a varies rating because they're power does vary from writer to writer. High 6-A is more consistent with writers like Simon Furman while 7-B is more consistent with writers like John barber. Tier 7 and 6 are the most consistent ones, (although there are more tier 6 than 7) and so, they are listed as such

Last edited:
Why are you bringing metroplex into this?

The rail gun is charged from ore 13 that is inside his own body, which is the same stuff that is powering his body, the rail gun even form his wings in jet mode.

The kinetic harpoon, they survived torraxis, they survive many other natural disasters. Skywarp could create huge craters and they have survived much strongee cybertronian weaponry.

It ain't, chromedome was literally in his overlord's mind and memories in the scene and was talking to overlord about his past.

I have the scans in my computer (but I'm not on my pc), but the point of the phase Sixers is to attack vulnerable worlds, destroy it to the point it is uninhabitable and the world is unable to react in time so the timeframe would be short, then built upon it for colonization.

Megatron does not control the intensity of it, it took tarn awhile and some effort to get in, so it's not like tarn can just effortlessly walk out again as getting. The antimatter thing is durability negation.

This was something that was talked about in previous threads.
To show Cbertronian building size in comparison to Metroplex. In that second panel with the Toraxxis crater, the buildings should have been dwarfed to the point they would not have been visible, but they clearly were. That is a big size inconsistency.

How does the Ore-13 translate to physicals though? Just because his power source is Ore-13 doesn't mean he can punch that good, or that that scales to his durability. That's a power source. Physicals are a different thing.

Regarding shaving an inch of a planet thing, that doesn't mean much imo. Just because Chromedome saw Overlord's mind doesn't mean he can't use flowerry language. I don't see how that's relevant or how it debunks it being non-literal. He obviously means that Overlord is powerful, that much is clear.

IDK about making planets uninhabitable thing, so can't comment.

Not sure about the Tarn, though honestly you could be right that Tarn smashed his way in. Although I think antimatter destroying something depends on the amount of matter. There obviously wouldn't be as much matter inside a force field than outside. Although admittedly, that particular story may not be working on these rules.

Also, I am reminded of another anti-feat, in Spotlight Hot Rod, Hot Rod was knocked out by re-entry into a planet's surface, and he was even using a forcefield. There are plenty of low ends honestly. Also, didn't Bludgeon and Snarl die to a ship crash into the White House in Unicron miniseries?

Have you read IDW or are you just picking random point off the internet?

Other shots also show the refinery explosion in space to be that size.

The shaving things is still a yes, as other feats has shown he is capable of such a feat.

Ore-13 literally increases your physicals. That is what ore 13 is. It's an amp.

For the final point, hot rod still survives re-entry, but he runs out of energy. Snarl and the Dinobots were already heavily injured and on the brink of death, the ship explodes when it hits the ground.

High 6-A is legit and there are many feats and statements to support this, however, there also many things to contradict it due to sheer inconsistency, different writers and IDW is incredibly prone to plot induced stupidity, they have a similar case to marvel and dc. We're going off with the most consistent feats

I'm mostly kin to likely High 6-A. But the varies from tier 7 to tier 6 rating on the profiles is the best and safest option. The profiles are fine as they are even if a bit iffy

Last edited:
Have you read IDW or are you just picking random point off the internet?

The shaving things is still a yes, as other feats has shown he is capable of such a feat.

Ore-13 literally increases your physicals. That is what ore 13 is. It's an amp.

For the final point, hot rod still survives re-entry, but he runs out of energy. Snarl and the Dinobots were already heavily injured and on the brink of death, the ship explodes when it hits the ground.

High 6-A is legit and there are many feats and statements to support this, however, there also many things to contradict it due to sheer inconsistency.

I'm mostly kin to likely High 6-A. But the varies rating on the profiles is the best option. The profiles are fine as they are even if a bit iffy
I have read some of if, the early era, the Cybertron prequels, and some of the later comics. As I said, I might be wrong, but these are what I have read.

I know that it increases physicals, how does that imply it increases your physicals to whatever your amped firepower is?

Where does it say Bludgeon and Snarl are near dead?

Hot Rod doesn't run out of energy tho. In order to pass undetected, he powers down. Then he powers up at the last possible moment and generates a forcefield. And even then, he says that it is far from a gentle landing and he almost goes into critical system shock.

I have read some of if, the early era, the Cybertron prequels, and some of the later comics. As I said, I might be wrong, but these are what I have read.

I know that it increases physicals, how does that imply it increases your physicals to whatever your firepower is?

Where does it say Bludgeon and Snarl are near dead?

Hot Rod doesn't run out of energy tho. In order to pass undetected, he powers down. Then he powers up at the last possible moment and generate a forcefield. And even then, he says that it is far from a gentle landing and he almost goes into critical system shock.
His rail gun and his physicals are powered by the same thing. All IDW characters are comparable to their firepower, I don't see how it's any different for Megatron. Especially he could tank physical attacks from the likes of the deceptigod, and the deceptigod could tank hits from his guns

Nothing says that, but the art clearly protraya everyone in the ship incredibly damaged or dead.

The hot rod thing is weird, he and much other cybertronians have done the same thing and not get knocked out, this one is likely an outlier as many other characters could do the same and not get knocked out

His rail gun and his physicals are powered by the same thing. All IDW characters are comparable to their firepower, I don't see how it's any different for Megatron. Especially he could tank physical attacks from the likes of the deceptigod, and he could harm it with his guns

Nothing says that, but the art clearly protraya everyone in the ship incredibly damaged or dead.

The hot rod thing is weird, he and much other cybertronians have done the same thing and not get knocked out, this one is likely an outlier as many other characters could do the same and not get knocked out
Just because he is powered by the same thing doesn't make him equal in both firepower and physicals. I think that is a leap in logic. Also, at the levels of firepower like city, country etc., I think it makes more sense to use feats rather than assuming that it is comparable. I don't know much about the Deceptigod thing so IDK, you could be right about that.

Even then, they shouldn't be TOO far from their prime. They were still in fighting shape, it's not like their tier magically dropped from high 6-A to 9-A all of a sudden. And they don't seem that damaged besides some cracks. If the ship was destroyed solely due to crashlanding, and since it also didn't produce a notable explosion, it should be below high 6-A, and likely below city level also.

The Hot Rod thing would fit with the lower end interpretation.

The ship exploded nonetheless, and area of effect doesn't equal to AP, plus, it stills bring in and fits with the varies rating.

The hot rod is an outlier

The ship exploded nonetheless, and area of effect doesn't equal to AP, plus, it stills bring in and fits with the varies rating.

The hot rod is an outlier
Yeah I know, my point is that a ship crashlanding the way the Worldsweper did shouldn't be too impressive on it own, and also that the explosion wasn't all that anyway to say the AP is higher than visuals, unless the ship has a durability feat I am unaware of, and even then, the way it slowly crashed in this particar scene is probably an anti-feat anyway. Either way, I doubt it's something like 6-A. This is what I meant.

It's as much of an outlier as all the various anti-feats, of which there appears to be a considerable amount. Not saying it's necessarily consistent (can't comment for sure without reading everything), but it's there. It's not a lone low-end, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, my point is that a ship crashlanding the way the Worldsweper did shouldn't be too impressive on it own, and also that the explosion wasn't all that anyway to say the AP is higher than visuals, unless the ship has a durability feat I am unaware of, and even then, the way it slowly crashed in this particar scene is probably an anti-feat anyway. Either way, I doubt it's something like 6-A. This is what I meant.

It's as much of an outlier as all the various anti-feats, of which there appears to be a considerable amount. Not saying it's necessarily consistent (can't comment for sure without reading everything), but it's there. It's not a lone low-end, that's for sure.
I never said the ship crashing is High 6-A on it's own.

Like I said, IDW suffers from a lot of plot induced stupidity. High 6-A is still very consistent enough that it can't be considered an outlier, but there also plenty of anti feats to say that they're solidly at High 6-A, due to different writers and inconsistency.

Therefore, the have the varies from 7-B to High 6-A as tier 7 and 6 are generally more consistent then tier 8 is. (Even tho I would've went with likely High 6-A)

The current profiles are fine as they are, even if a bit iffy.

Jesus ******* Christ, Bumblebee just murdered Quake cold blooded, at first I thought "Oh, cybertronians can survive a sword at their throat, there is nothing there" but than Bee just ******* decapitaded Quake and cut some of his body in half

He is so trigger happy, beat Skythread on public, tried to beat Sixshot (though I forgot context) and killed an unharmed and defenseless Quake, when they were suppposed to interrogate him

And he is likely going to kill Barricade too even though he just indirectly killed Rubble, Bumblebee is just out for blood, more than the Bayverse one

Can I bring up something I was always curious about? You see there is a durability feat Optimus has in Transformers Prime.

This scene has Optimus effortlessly tank a point blank explosion that destroys the Omega Lock. At 1:52 we have a shot to scale how big the Omega Lock is (with the main Autobots and Decepticons all there) and at 5:25 we can see the explosion made from it's destruction. If anyone could I would love to see this calced as it could possibly give TFP an AP upgrade.

@Emirp sumitpo @Drite77 @ByAsura

In regards to Titan Mag, what do you think of this?

Optimus and Soundwave survive an explosion point blank that sends the two out of the bottom of the Lake Guatavita, and destroys the lost city of gold, El Dorado.
Image 1
Image 2

Not sure how deep the two were, but the max depth of Lake Guatavita is 125 feet, and the two look to be pretty deep inside the lake. El Dorado was hidden, so it makes sense it would be at somewhere near the very bottom.

In the Titan continuity, Soundwave is 1 ton, and the Guidebook weight for Optimus counts as that book's profle was published in a Titan issue.

However, we don't know the exact size of El Dorado. It is called a city but looks much smaller. By visuals, looks to be the size of a building. If this is the case, since gold is soft metal, it might be easier than destroying a normal building, unfortunately I think.

However, the story says the gold in El Dorado was enough to crash the stock market, so perhaps there is supposed to be more than a building's worth of gold (and the art would be inaccurate), depending on how much is needed to crash the market.

Also, in Titan, there are a lot of low end feats for some reason, like Soundwave getting seriously damaged by WW2 machine guns, Ironhide getting knocked out by a gas truck explosion, or Optimus admitting a fall from a cliff would tear him to pieces.

Last edited:
@Emirp sumitpo @Drite77 @ByAsura

In regards to Titan Mag, what do you think of this?

Optimus and Soundwave survive an explosion point blank that sends the two out of the bottom of the Lake Guatavita, and destroys the lost city of gold, El Dorado.
Image 1
Image 2

Not sure how deep the two were, but the max depth of Lake Guatavita is 125 feet, and the two look to be pretty deep inside the lake. El Dorado was hidden, so it makes sense it would be at somewhere near the very bottom.

In the Titan continuity, Soundwave is 1 ton, and the Guidebook weight for Optimus counts as that book's profle was published in a Titan issue.

However, we don't know the exact size of El Dorado. It is called a city but looks much smaller. By visuals, looks to be the size of a building. If this is the case, since gold is soft metal, it might be easier than destroying a normal building, unfortunately I think.

However, the story says the gold in El Dorado was enough to crash the stock market, so perhaps there is supposed to be more than a building's worth of gold (and the art would be inaccurate), depending on how much is needed to crash the market.

Also, in Titan, there are a lot of low end feats for some reason, like Soundwave getting seriously damaged by WW2 machine guns, Ironhide getting knocked out by a gas truck explosion, or Optimus admitting a fall from a cliff would tear him to pieces.
Something like that needs a calc. I can't really tell what the feat looks like.

Back