• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Would it down grade shockwave a bit? Because the page says it low 7-B to 7-B. But many sources I've seen of Tunguska seem to place it at 7-B. I think I might stick with 7-B, due to consistency, but still.

I don't think this will downgrade the likes of Optimus or the last prime, as both are already significantly above shockwave and so they could still retain 7-B

If 7-B is consistent for other people that Shockwave scales to, then it should be fine.

I don't think this will downgrade the likes of Optimus or the last prime, as both are already significantly above shockwave and so they could still retain 7-B
I think Marvel comics Action Master Optimus would have similiar striking strength. He harmed Crankcase, who in his bio was stated to have armor that can resist up to and including 10 megatons. IDK if Furman (who wrote the scene) actually remembered Crankcase's bio tho, which was written by Bob Budiansky.

I don't think Marvel Optimus is this strong in every form tho either way.

In his bio, Megatron's fusion cannon is stated to be able to flatten a small town. I wouldn't necessarily say this scales to Megatron's or Optimus's physicals tho. In his original base form bio, Optimus is stated to be able to punch with 12,000 pounds per square inch force, pretty sure that's far below town level. And IIRC, other charscters can somewhat harm Optimus, and most of the characters have building level weapons. Even Starscream's missiles are below city block. Thundercracker's is 3000 lbs IIRC. Some characters like Bluestreak are 150 lbs of TNT, some are 450 lbs.

Also, Budiansky wrote the characters so that falls from cliffs and buildings are lethal even to Megatron. However, Megatron was seen no selling a military barrage. The narration says the army hit him with everything short of nuclear missiles for 15 minutes. The art shows tanks and helicopters.

In the UK stories, Furman consistently wrote most TFs to be vulnerable to things like tank shells and jet missiles (RL tanks and jets). A big gas explosion coupled with GIJoe jet missiles was enough to get Megatron's clone stasis locked for days or more. The clone is Megatron's equal. Also, the UK GI Joe crossover was written by Simon Furman.

So, base Marvel Megatron and Optimus is below town level, IMO.

However, UK Galvatron (different than the US Galvatron) can destroy mountain ranges according to his bio, so the UK Powermaster Optimus and Ultra Magnus probably scales to that.

Strength-wise, UK and US base Optimus seem to differ. US bio stated that he can lift 2000 tons, but the UK downgraded that to 200 when they published the bio.

UK Galvatron can wrestle Piranacon, who can lift a few millions of tons.

@ByAsura

Last edited:
@Emirp sumitpo @ByAsura
Also, Powermaster Optimus barely survived Unicron's destruction by Matrix. Unicron IIRC had similiar size to Saturn. However, I think this is a massive outlier, as no other feat comes even close to this level. Perhaps, the Matrix energies protected him a little, but IDK.

@Emirp sumitpo
Also, Omega Supreme's hand beam can pulverize 12 inch metal cube. Unless I messed up the numbers, I think that's 11 tons of tnt.

Onslaught has 4 kiloton warheads.

One character's shovel could withstand anything up to low yield nuclear, but I forgot who.

Marvel comics is something I've been holding off on making due to how big it all is.

I'm currently focusing on RID 2001. I might put these feats in a blog later.

Marvel comics is something I've been holding off on making due to how big it all is.
Ok, I've read all of Marvel, including FunPub Classics storyline besides some of the bios, and some of the FunPub text stories.

Another UK feat is that Megatron punched the Centurion through a building that was somewhat far away.

Also, UK Cyclonus destroyed a part of a train track in one issue.

About the El Dorado feat, the gold building being destroyed is more impressive than they being launched of, if the gold building was destroyed

As a sidenote, for Marvel Comics Powermaster Prime scaling to Unicron because Thunderwing blasted Optimus with the Matrix, people forget the following:

-Thunderwing never had complete control of th efull power of the Matrix, Unicron later dispatched Thunderwing when he had a stronger connection to the Matrix. Optimus was the only one to ever utilize its full power, the Matrix was even destroyed

-Optimus was basically dead after the explosion but not only that

-People like to forget Wheeljack's comment on the next issue that the Matrix shielded Optimus Prime from the explosion

TL;DR I don't think it is an outlier due to Wheeljack's comment, just that Powermaster Optimus doesn't scale to the full potential of the Matrix

@Emirp sumitpo @Drite77
There is also this scene where Galvatron II survived a casual slap from Unicron. I think it's hard to tell how impressive this feat, considering that:
  • It was a casual slap.
  • Unicron's size varies massively from one panel to the other, his size is whatever is convenient to the specific scene/panel.
  • Galvatron II's size in comparison to Unicron is so small he would only take a small amount of the hit.

IDK if Galvatron I's mountain range firepower extends to his physicals.

He gets dazed from getting thrown off of Ultra Magnus's vehicle mode's sudden stop, and falling off an unifinished highway. He does not appear for a few pages, where Magnus reminisces about how he got there. So, he was dazed for a few moments. In UK, Ultra Magnus weighs 90 tons, Galvatron should weigh something similiar.

Ultra Magnus, who can contend with Galvatron (sometimes on equal footing, sometimes not, but he's still overall on a similiar level to Galvatron) seemingly gets knocked out from a gas truck explosion. Even though it was Galvatron's cannon that shot the truck, the implication seems to be that the destruction comes from the gas truck (Galvatron does not visually dish out explosions on this level normally). It is somewhat unclear, but considering the narration in the second image says that the sound of the the burning is only punctuated by the surrounding vehicles exploding due to the heat, there appears to be no fight taking place inside the flame (since there is no sound of fighting), which would imply Ultra Magnus was knocked out by the gas explosion.
Image 1
Image 2

Though Ultra Magnus was heavily injured at this point, he could still take some physical attacks from Galvatron sometime after the explosion (he did not get repaired). This also implies Galvatron's firepower is indeed stronger than his physicals as Ultra Magnus was scared to take a direct hit from Galvatron's cannon:
Galvatron says when he transform into weapon mode he is extremely fatal (implying he is more dangerous in his alt mode), and also Ultra Magnus is seen scared to take a hit. He is not as scared to take punches and kicks from Galvatron, and those do not knock him out or heavily damage him unless Galvatron hits him a lot.

Also, Galvatron seems to get knocked out for a few minutes by some debris:
Image 1
Image 2

His best physical feat is no selling continued barrage of firepower from the Autobots.

Also, surviving an exploding volcano, though he was trapped under molten rock.

Though IDK, maybe I am lowballing.

Last edited:
About the El Dorado feat, the gold building being destroyed is more impressive than they being launched of, if the gold building was destroyed

As a sidenote, for Marvel Comics Powermaster Prime scaling to Unicron because Thunderwing blasted Optimus with the Matrix, people forget the following:

-Thunderwing never had complete control of th efull power of the Matrix, Unicron later dispatched Thunderwing when he had a stronger connection to the Matrix. Optimus was the only one to ever utilize its full power, the Matrix was even destroyed

-Optimus was basically dead after the explosion but not only that

-People like to forget Wheeljack's comment on the next issue that the Matrix shielded Optimus Prime from the explosion

TL;DR I don't think it is an outlier due to Wheeljack's comment, just that Powermaster Optimus doesn't scale to the full potential of the Matrix
Yeah, I always thought 5-A was really ridiculous

I feel like no one should scale to Unicron as non of these characters, as far as I know are even beyond tier 6, let alone tier 5 nor 4. Any scene where they actually hurt or survived a hit from Unicron should be an outlier.

Also I feel like galaxy convoy gets wanked a bit too much. I've seen people claim he's galaxy level if not universal, yet IIRC, the guy is only around tier 5 to 4. which is a bit hilarious that galaxy convoy isn't galaxy level amirite?

I'd also argue cloud Optimus is the strongest Optimus, fight me. At least before IDW prime got downgraded from 2-C (rip)

Is Optimus supposed to be crushed by these debris here? I've seen people interpret it that way.

0:30

We don't really see Optimus fall before the debris hit from where he came out of, and there is not much space left for him. IDK, but prolly not admittedly.

Is Optimus supposed to be crushed by these debris here? I've seen people interpret it that way.

0:30

We don't really see Optimus fall before the debris hit from where he came out of, and there is not much space left for him. IDK, but prolly not admittedly.

I'm not sure? He doesn't seem to or is shown to escape in time, but the scene kinda implies he does.

Also I feel like galaxy convoy gets wanked a bit too much. I've seen people claim he's galaxy level if not universal, yet IIRC, the guy is only around tier 5 to 4. which is a bit hilarious that galaxy convoy isn't galaxy level amirite?

I'd also argue cloud Optimus is the strongest Optimus, fight me. At least before IDW prime got downgraded from 2-C (rip)
Kind of funny how nobody ever mentions Star Convoy who (even with the Zodiac retcon) is universal

Back