• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

XDragnoir said:
Btw, the Predacons (the way they are shown in Transformers Prime) are not used in any other continuity?
No, most of the time the Predacons are five specific individuals (Razorclaw, Rampage, Tantrum, Headstrong, and Divebomb) who can combine to form Predaking.

WStarbrand Fan said:
The prime version is cool and all but I prefer the G1 concept personally.
Well the G1 version is just a combiner team, right? Like there's no special backstory for the G1 Predacons, I think.

Yes, but in that one they're just descendants of the Decepticons.

I still question why their activation code was "terrorize" and they were called Predacons even though Terrorcons were a thing.

At least they aren't just a combiner team. But is readin/watching it worth? I am not an expert in franchise, btw.

I like Razorclaw from G1, and the rest of them are pretty cool as well. I prefer the concept of Prime however. I would have loved to see TFP designs of the G1 Predacons like this.

The only member of the G1 team who hasn't appeared in the Aligned continuity is Razorclaw, the team's leader...

Ok, so I think it's far past time we address the IDW scaling chain. This has become a problem on multiple threads for users who aren't as familiar with the verse as we are.

In my opinion, this is what it should be.

Shockwave >> Optimus and Megatro (Who both tanked blasts from Shockwave) >> Nova Prime (Because Optimus stomped Nova) >> Galvatro = Arcee > Overlord = Sixshot = Black Shadow >> Most other IDW Transformers.

Another thing to note, I believe that Nova is baseline Low-2-C, whereas Shockwave is around two times that.

CalebTB12 said:
Ok, so I think it's far past time we address the IDW scaling chain. This has become a problem on multiple threads for users who aren't as familiar with the verse as we are.
In my opinion, this is what it should be.

Shockwave >> Optimus and Megatro (Who both tanked blasts from Shockwave) >> Nova Prime (Because Optimus stomped Nova) >> Galvatro = Arcee > Overlord = Sixshot = Black Shadow >> Most other IDW Transformers.

Another thing to note, I believe that Nova is baseline Low-2-C, whereas Shockwave is around two times that.
Didn't Black Shadow beat down Optimus and Magnus simultaneously, though?

Didn't Black Shadow beat down Optimus and Magnus simultaneously, though?

He did, but keep in mind that this is a comic series that ran for over a decade. Sometimes things won't appear to be very consistent, and this is one of those things. One could also assume Optimus simply became stronger as the series went on.

I'd figured as much as well, but just wanted to make sure. And that's also a totally valid response, especially considering that it'd have been a younger Optimus who was likely less sure of himself, and that sort've thing's been shown to affect how well he can fight.

LordTracer said:
Didn't Optimus also beat Sixshot (with difficulty) early in the series?
I'm not sure chronologically when that would've taken place, but I'm pretty sure that the fight with Black Shadow was a long time before that.

I'm not sure chronologically when that would've taken place, but I'm pretty sure that the fight with Black Shadow was a long time before that.

This is true. Black Shadow's rout of the Autobots, including Prime and Magnus, happened very early on in the War. He defeated Sixshot in 2009 on earth.

There's also the likelihood that the Phase Sixers got weaker over time, in addition to Optimus getting stronger. Whereas Optimus would get battered and broken while the Phase Sixers would clean shop, that'd also mean that Optimus would be rebuilt and improved while the Phase Sixers would remain static and maybe even somewhat wear down.

Maybe Prime should have some keys. What the keys would be exactly, I'm not sure, but he should have some.

Okay, Orion would be Low 2-C, as the Thunderwing feat currently on his profile was done as Orion Pax. Black Shadow overpowered Magnus and Optimus at the same time, so he could either be Low 2-C or 'At least Low 2-C.' The other Phase Sixers and Mid-War Optimus (and the likes of Megatron, Galvatron and Arcee) would scale to that. Then Post-War Optimus could have his current ratings of 'At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C' or maybe he could just be plain 2-C.

That's my take on it, at least.

Back