• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

This forum will be used to discuss Transformers feats, statistics, and pages.

Since we have so many different things to work on, I'd greatly appreciate anyone willing to help me research these pages.

Feats Collectio

So imma ask the same question I did in the last thread. How would G1 Cyclonus and Scourge work? Would they be entirely different profiles from Skywarp and Thundercracker, or just different keys?

Maybe Cyclonus. Hasn't he fought Rodimus before? Scourge, I'm not too sure about.

It's been a long time since I've seen G1, have Magnus and Grimlock fought Optimus and/or Megatron/Galvatron?

And it's not far fetched to assume that characters like Megs and Optimus Primal are well above that either.

CalebTB12 said:
And it's not far fetched to assume that characters like Megs and Optimus Primal are well above that either.
I mean, we don't know how cannon those are, it may not be cannon to the show

According to TFWiki, the comic that was from is an extension to Beast Wars and Beast Machines. So maybe the Beast Wars characters could have a 'Main Cano | Extended Cano' type of thing going on?

CalebTB12 said:
Also Optimus Primal was able to overpower Antagony, who survived the aforementioned 4-C - 4-A explosion, so he and Megs would scale.

If I may interject and Scourge and Cyclonus, I feel that they should have separate profiles from Thundercracker and Skywarp. I know that Galvatron and Megatron would be considered one character, but he was still alive and reformatted into his new form, whereas the others were already dead and given wholly new lives. Plus, for Cyclonus, it's actually been very hotly debated whether he was created from Skywarp or Bombshell.

Sorry if this's a closed discussion and I'm butting in. Transformers is just one of my favourite franchises, so I thought I might try and contribute to the discussion.

LordTracer said:
According to TFWiki, the comic that was from is an extension to Beast Wars and Beast Machines. So maybe the Beast Wars characters could have a 'Main Cano | Extended Cano' type of thing going on?
You see, we need standards to what call Extended Canon and what not, cause from what we know from the AVP, the cartoon is only BW and BM. Need to be careful with what you'll take as extended cannon, cause we can't make composite profiles

If I could make a joky suggestion, if Galvatron from the G1 Cartoon gets a profile, could the quote on his profile please be:

"I hate the Autobots! I hate Cyclonus! And I'm not very fond of you, either!"

Galvatro to his therapist

@Drite Main Canon would just be the cartoon, Extended Canon would be the cartoon, plus the 3H Productions comics as those are supposed to be extensions of the cartoon and are treated like the Expanded Universe was to Star Wars before Disney ruined the franchise bought it.

LordTracer said:
@Drite Main Canon would just be the cartoon, Extended Canon would be the cartoon, plus the 3H Productions comics as those are supposed to be extensions of the cartoon and are treated like the Expanded Universe was to Star Wars before Disney ruined the franchise bought it.
You see, the problem with that line of thinking is that 3H productions is considered a different universe for the main cartoon, adding both would technically be Compositing it

So, to include the feats from there, we'd have to make separate 'EH Beast Era' profiles then.

LordTracer said:
So, to include the feats from there, we'd have to make separate 'EH Beast Era' profiles then.
Yes, luckly (or unluckly) for us, AVP defines all EH Beast Era works in one single continuity

EightAte8 said:
If I could make a joky suggestion, if Galvatron from the G1 Cartoon gets a profile, could the quote on his profile please be:

"I hate the Autobots! I hate Cyclonus! And I'm not very fond of you, either!"

Galvatro to his therapist
I added this lol.

Well, if we're doing 3H Beast Era profiles, Shokaract would be a good one. He has a feat of stomping all of the Transmetal 2 Maximals (plus Optimal Optimus), and even Transmetal 1 Optimus is superior to Antagony, who survived the sun explosion.

Two questions about the G1 Cartoon profiles:

1. Characters often had built-in gadgets or abilities that only show up for one episode. Probably the most famous one would be Optimus and Megatron's respective Axe and Flail. In one episode alone, Transport to Oblivion, Megatron has both a tentacle that comes out of his chest and reprograms Bumblebee, and the ability to fire buzzsaws out of his arms. Should these be included, even though they were only used the odd time?

2. How many characters from the cartoon are gonna be included? As many as possible, or just absolutely most iconic/important ones?

1. Yes, but they woildn't use them alot in vs matches since it would br ooc

2. Iconic firts, than we can start adding the other ones, like Gears and Huffer

1. Well they probably didn't use them more throughout the show because they weren't part of the toys, nor had the excuse of being included in the toy bio, like Skywarp's teleportation, Hound's holorgams, and so on.

2. So who would be the most important and iconic characters throughout the show, then?

Also, something's just occurred to me - though there were never any dedicated episodes, Optimus actually did get a Galvatron-esque upgrade into a Powermaster in the cartoon, as part of bookending segments added to reruns of the show. While he doesn't have any feats, he's almost certainly stronger than before and, if I remember, has a built-in jetpack. Should we add that form?

CalebTB12 said:
Grimlock has, I can't remember if Ultra Magnus has.
I'm pretty sure that Ultra Magnus has directly fought Galvatron before. He's also rivals with Cyclonus, who regularly survives beatings and blastings from Galvatron.

Starbrand Fan said:
I was able to find two clips of Ultra Magnus fighting Galvatron

https://youtu.be/QYOWp7w7Yqg (He's able tank blasts from Galvatron here)

https://youtu.be/Iho0EFsUPt0
Awesome, I should be able to do his and Cyclonus' pages today.

Do you think we need a calc for the star explosion?

Also, are we going to use this for the BW cartoon pages? And does anyone think that Optimus Primal should be part of the Optimus Tab2?

Frankly, I'd not only say no, but also that I think it's wrong to have Beast Wars Megatron as part of Megatron's tabs to begin with. He's not a different incarnation of Megatron from another universe, he just named himself after Megatron for the sake of grandstanding.

Back