• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Warriors: Berserker vs Eragon

Eragon vs Berserker
We already had Galbatorix vs Gilgamesh, now lets do this one.
Conditions

+ Speed is equalized

+ both are serious

+ they fight in a major City

+ win by any means

+ both are in character

+ Eragon just gets all of his equipment

+ Saphira is far away

Erago: 0

Berserker (Fate/stay night): 0

Inconclusive: 0

Aren't servants resistant to that?

And can't Eragon just...Magic spell him a bit? Since he's High 7A?

No Mind Hax.

And can't Eragon just cast a spell and instantly kill Heracles? High 7A attacks bypass God Hand.

Servants aren't automatically resistant to mind hax. Though I suppose a fixated singular desire to kill Eragon could prove of enough of a defense based on IC mechanics

Depends what spell he casts really, but probably yes. Though Berserker would resurrect and become immune to that spell from that moment on. Not that that would stop Eragon really though, seeing as simply changing up a few words in the sentence would make it a completely new spell.

Eragon might be caught off guard by the resurrection and reactive evolution though, and his wards would probably run out of energy fairly quickly with Berserker wailing on him.

Berserker wouldn't become immune to the spell when said spell takes off all of his lives at once.

Because it's High 7A?

God Hand becomes useless once it comes into contact with an attack far stronger then Berserker himself.

In the Fate Route, a single slice from Caliburn took off all 8 of his lives at once (This is also on shirou's page).

In the Heavens Feel route, Saber Alter was so strong physically that she bypassed God Hand with normal blows and took off multiple lives with the same attack from her blade.

Shirou in said route managed to take off 9 lives at once with 9 lives Blade Works and was strong enough to rip them all away without God Hand being able to help.

A few Physical magic spells will blow him to bits.

Eragon doesn't focus on blowing people to bits though. Death words only work by tweaking a bloodvessel in the brain or heart. I doubt something like that would take off more than a single life at a time

Never said he did, he literally casts a spell, hits Berserker and goes

"HOLY HELL! THIS DUDE JUST ******* EXPLODED?!"

His spells don't make people explode, at least not the ones he normally uses. And he's not going to put more energy into a spell than is necessary for it to work. He'll use as much energy as is necessary to tweak a blood vessel in the brain/heart, and that's it.

@Gargoyle

Excalibur only took a couple of lives off when used at long range. A point blank Caliburn used inside of him was required to take 7 lives at once.

Anyway, Eragon wins 6/10

Starts with a death spell, feels it work, says GG, Berserker growls and tries to kill him, Eragon realises it didn't work, Eragon tries again, the spell no longer works at all, Eragon uses a different death spell, it kills berserker, Eragon is more on guard, berserker comes back, Eragon says screw this and starts using his other spells, eventually managing to chip down Berserker's lives.

Eragon takes this fairly easily. Not only does he have twelve words of death of which all are a unique type of death (crushing a blood vessel, stopping the heart, etc) they are pretty much his go to from the start of any serious fight. When he fought the Razac the words of death were one of the first things he tried. Plus if for whatever reason Berserker is still standing after having died twelve different ways (he wouldn't be but for the sake of argument) Eragon can literally just make up new death spells on the spot. The ancient language is simply too good of a hack for Eragon to have any real trouble here.

No? There are only 3 votes.

I'm still not sure how a fight between a 7A and a High 7A is fair.

Eragon is only High 7A with magic, Berserker would still hurt him with strikes if he doesn't have his wards active. The High 7A rating also comes from a defensive feat, not offensive. Hence, the fight is probably not a stomp, but I don't see Herc winning here.

12 words for 12 lives. Ends the last by tweaking the ancient language, using magic, mindhax or many other possible methods. Eragon takes it 9/10 times.

Voting for the Dragon Rider.

The words of death use very little energy so God Hand may be able to negate them. Even if they work, they target different vital areas of the body, but Berserker has battle continuation so only the ones targeting the brain or the heart will kill him. Mind hax won't work because of bravery and madness enhancement. To break Eragons High 7-A Berseker can use Nine Lives and God Hand will give him enough time to close the distance.

I vote for Berserker.

Schnee One said:
Why would bravery and madness ehnhancement protect him from Eragons mindhax?
An ability that negates mental interference and increases melee damage. Due to Heracles brave and daring spirit, he gains an A+ rank in this skill, allowing him to neutralize mental interference such as pressure, confusion, fascination and charms

Literally every single Dragon in Inheritance Cycle resists mindhax and Eragorn can still overpower them.

I don't see that working

Schnee One said:
Literally every single Dragon in Inheritance Cycle resists mindhax and Eragorn can still overpower them.
I don't see that working
Other than that, in "heavens feel" he can somewhat resist avenger's mud - he stoped attacking after he saw Illya.

But i'm not sure if that can be used.

Edit:

A normal Command Spell can't control him.

Just gonna point out that ME seals Herc's Bravery. It also stops him from using Nine Lives.

One thing Tdtd brings up that I am interested in, is whether GH protects against the deathwords, specifically the tweaking since I don't know if these are High 7-A like the barriers or other spells.

Death spells aren't death manipulation though.

They're just spells that telekinetically pinch important blood vessels in the brain or heart to kill their target.

In the Inheritance Cycle, spells cost the same amount of physical stamina as it would to do the act yourself. Death words are extremely useful in universe because of how little energy it takes to pinch a tiny blood vessel in the brain as compared to throwing a person so they splatter against a wall.

However, spells will, unless otherwise specified in their wording, use as much energy to do the task as is required. If the caster doesn't have that much energy, they die, but in this case Eragon has about a hundred dragons worth of energy to pull on, so him using the death spells will just take a chunk of his reserves to tweak the 7-A brain artery or something.

Honestly I doubt Eragon really can hurt Herk that easily. Apart from God Hand, his general durabilty is pretty high, and I don't think stuff like Death words would work on beings made of magical energy. Remember that all Servants are essentially magic energy condensed into a shape, and don't actually have actual flesh and blood unless incarnated or like the very specific case of Saber in FSN and FZ.

RegisNex1232 said:
Honestly I doubt Eragon really can hurt Herk that easily. Apart from God Hand, his general durabilty is pretty high, and I don't think stuff like Death words would work on beings made of magical energy. Remember that all Servants are essentially magic energy condensed into a shape, and don't actually have actual flesh and blood unless incarnated or like the very specific case of Saber in FSN and FZ.
Herc bled a lot when Gilgamesh was turning him into Swiss cheese.

Servants don't bleed in the conventional sense. What you see as blood is just loss of magical energy. It's the entire reason why Grail Wars usually require Servants to die because they end up powering the Grail with magical energy.

Given that one of the words we are told about "deyja" literally just means "die", not "pinch the biological blood vessel in the flesh and blood target's brain", I don't think that Hercules being made of magic will help so long as he still has the physical physiology of a human being. Which he does because that body of magical energy is still magical energy forming a physical human body. Seigfried definitely has a heart for example.

@tdtd yes, I believe so. There aren't many other points in the body that pinching them would cause instant death. Each death word likely works on a different critical blood vessel, because in the IC verse, a spell can avoid the protections of counter spells completely if it is using a different subject as it's target. So having a dozen spells each working on a different blood vessel in the brain makes sense because each of those blood vessels needs to be protected specifically.

Except they don't. Servants die from hits to the heart and brain not because they care about those, but because they are directly connected to the spiritual core that helps maintain their being. But in all cases shown, destruction it's what's needed, not a small wound that would kill a normal person because of bleeding. Servants don't even care about bleeding, is more about losing the magical energy that allows them to fight and, in the first place, exist.

Back