• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 5 Immortality Revisions

For the record, I'm going to bed right now. I'll notify this thread when I'm awake and can do the edits (I wanna be sure I contribute to this), unless people want to proceed anyway.

@David

First, Staff Only.

Second, this isn't regen. It's the physical inability to die by normal means due to either not being truly alive or being beyond the concept of death.

Looks fine to me.

A character who can't be killed by destroying its body (read as "complete body destruction on top of lacking a soul already") qualify? If yes I can edit Homura

I mean she does fit the bill "can't be killed by punching really hard"

So this is basically type 2 on steroids?

Type 2s can't die from injury, but these guys can't even die from complete destruction (though they won't necessarily regenerate either)

@Monarch

Basically. Conventional death abilities won't work either since they've either transcended death or never had it.

Alright, I'm here now. We may proceed.

@Dragon

You wanna help with adding it to Digimon pages?

In order to get this, a specific statement about not being bound by death is needed? For example, does someone like Homura Akemi qualify given that even if she gets destroyed in body and soul she doesn't actually die (she doesn't have Mid-Godly or anything however)?

Late to the party, but i completely agree with this. I can also try to help with adding it to the profiles.

I'll get the Types, Tiamat, Merlin, and any other Nasu characters who have it.

If a character was previously listed as having type 2, would we switch that to type 5?

Nah, Type 2 is just injuries that should kill you don't. It's not quite like 100% inability to die because you aren't restricted by death.

I was specifically referring to Merlin from Nasu, who was previously listed as having type 1 and 2, but now has type 1 and 5

Ah. I think he only had Type 2 because that was the closest we had at the time. Should be Type 5 now.

Well, that doesn't leave much for me to do, unfortunately. Tragic

Back