• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Underappreciated Franchises

Darkanine said:
As an example of this, Hydlide on the NES is one of the strongest video game verses ever, its also one of the worst games of all time to most people (I kind of like it).
Don't forget the infamous Big Rigs, which can hardly even be classified as a functioning game. Yet they can blitz all the finite characters in Saint Seiya.

666 Satan. It's like hxh but many times deadlier. It hasn't had it's own anime (</3) so it's just a manga. It's about 70 chapters long with 40-70 pages per chapter. Worth it :^)

We have Jio, but that's about it.

I have a blog that I'm working on getting all the fights and such, but I've been pretty busy and been holding off on it.

Also, Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre. Sucks when you're one of the few on this wiki (assuming there are a few) who know about this masterpiece of a series.

@Skod, I loved Tactics Ogre as a kid, I've been on a strategy game kick lately so I need to replay the older games.

@Matt. The final boss of Super Hydlide created The "Land of Fairies", which is an entire Universe and your character is the only one who rivals in him power. On his death, the universe is completely destroyed and the only one who lives is your character and his fairly. After realizing this, your character simply wills the universe back into existence.

Its also strongly implied that the final boss "Kaizak" and your character are from a higher plane of existence.

Keepin' up with this.

For me, tbh, Madness Combat and South Park. Both series are incredibly funny, with really dark (That just makes it even more funny) humour, both with a penchant for violence and dirty jokes.

... By the way, where are the South Park profiles? Where are the goddamn South Park profiles?!

I didn't knew that verse, but it seems interesting... Gotta play the games.

There are only two profiles so far. If Ver. 0.89 comes soon enough, I'll see if I can gather others to help me out...

Though the response is probably "No." due to how lesser known in the west it is. See my review of the verse mentioned in the previous comments when you guys get the chance...

My underappreciated franchises would be:

• Chrono Crusade
  • Shaman King
  • Baki the Grappler
  • SNK fighting games, such as King of Fighters, Last Blade 1 and 2, Samurai Showndown, etc.
  • Ubel Blatt
Edit: Okay, I take it back about what I said in my post earlier. Sorry BMH.

BruceTheBatman said:
@Lina
Isn't that a bit harsh?
Especially since this thread is literally meant for promoting verses not that many people care about.

... I feel alone for liking something nobody else does...

Anyways, what other franchises am I familiar with that others DO know?

Perhaps the Mmverse? This includes Sackboy/Sackgirl, the three Titans (Oddsock, Toggle, & Swoop.), the Negativatron, Iota/Atoi, even a little Panda Bear with a giant hammer named Frances. ALOT of PlayStation fans know this verse, though the rest are in the dark...

I know how you feel on that one, dude. I'm probably the only one here whose played the Epic Battle Fantasy games. They're a series of flash RPGs that go waaaay back into Newgrounds/Kongerates lifespan. They're really fun, light hearted games staring a party of awful-but-lovable people as they attempt to safe the world since no one else can.

For being a F2P series, the games have a surprisingly kickass soundtrack. Great visuals too, though the older games stole a lot of stuff from other stuff (The final boss of EBF1 is literally Goku) . Thankfully, the newer games are getting commerical releases on major platforms like Steam so I keep on making new pages for the games. Epic Battle Fantasy 5 hype :p

Darkanine said:
I know how you feel on that one, dude. I'm probably the only one here whose played the Epic Battle Fantasy games. They're a series of flash RPGs that go waaaay back into Newgrounds/Kongerates lifespan. They're really fun, light hearted games staring a party of awful-but-lovable people as they attempt to safe the world since no one else can.

For being a F2P series, the games have a surprisingly kickass soundtrack. Great visuals too, though the older games stole a lot of stuff from other stuff (The final boss of EBF1 is literally Goku) . Thankfully, the newer games are getting commerical releases on major platforms like Steam so I keep on making new pages for the games. Epic Battle Fantasy 5 hype :p
I wish I could do the whole reference to JJBA P7: Steel Ball Run, but all I can say is: "Thank you, Darkanine... I just don't know how to describe it..."

bump.

Don't worry, Lina. I probably deserve it anyways. At least the Japanese play Wonderful World as a start...

^ I love Assassination Classroom <3

THOUGH, to be fair there weren't a lot of fighting characters, mostly planned out tactics and such, so it's no surprise why there's so little characters in that list. Though most if not all of the classroom students would be peak human-ish with the suits, so it would just be a clutter.

Arago is another great manga series that never really got much attention. The main character managed to be hot-blooded and emotional without being too unrealistic. Plus it's fairly unique in that it revolves around Celtic Mythology rather than the overused Greek, Christian, and Norse mythologies.

Granted, it fell into the Shonen tropes pit towards the end, but the art is great and the fights are intense.

The God of High School and Noblesse

Just because they are Manhua doesn't mean they shouldn't get the same attention as Manga. Their stories are arguably better than most Anime and Manga being released today and their characters have a fair amount of Hax and powers. So I don't know why there aren't more threads with their characters.

Battlemania said:
^Speaking of Manhua, The Gamer seems to join that list.
Honestly only Jee-Han is worth talking about given he is the most Haxxed in the series.

Honestly only Jee-Han is worth talking about given he is the most Haxxed in the series.

Not necessarily, the author, Sun-Sang Young, has written four different series and implied that they're all part of the same multiverse, and the main protagonist of one of them (Wizardly Tower) is pretty powerful.

Also there's a lot of characters with stuff like pocket dimension creation and destruction, time manipulation, space-time distruction, energy absorption, stat amping and reduction, and life absorption in The Gamer.

Well then, should we have a page for the Sun-Sangverse? Could be like the new Nasuverse.

Back