• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about "Elemental physiology", it would have several types and powers associated with it

Type 1 would be rare or otherwise abstract matter like Dark matter, anti-matter, strange matter etc.

Type 2 would be gaseous and liquid based elementals like water, fire, air etc.

Type 3 would be solid materials like ice, stone, wood

All elementals would be resistant to biological based powers, all elementals except type 3 would be intangible due to being made out of different matter

Didn't we have a draft for Non-Living Physiology or something?

Also, with all these suggestion of Ink, Oil and other stuff, perhaps we would need to create Organic Manipulation.

Alright. I like the sound of Ink, Oil, and other stuff being under one page.

What else would qualify other than Oil and Ink tho?

Blood, flesh and plants fall under Biokinesis, Organic Manipulation is the most general form of Biological Manipulation (OM control organic matter while BM the properties of the living beings).

I jusy remembered. Ink is a type of oil anyway. So manipulation of Ink is Oil Manipulation. So they can be on the same page

Yes, Cabon Manipulation is the basis of Organic Manipulation (although, the second one is more general as it control compounds). It involves oil, sugar, wax, a bunch of food types.

Sort of... but also not.... Oil isn't solely made of carbon. It is made of other things like hydrogen I believe. Maybe someone who can manipulate carbon can manipulate Oil. But possibly not. And it likely wouldn't work the other way around (someone who manipulates Oil may not be able to manipulate carbon itself)

Sort of like ice and water. Spite beingade of the same thing. Just different things about it that let them be considered different manipulation wise. Maybe I'm wrong or just pushing it too much.

Nature Manipulation (the power to control the forces of nature and natural energy).

Demonic Manipulation (the ability to use demonic basic powers, opposite of Holy Manipulation).

Order Manipulation (the ability to control and manipulate Order, opposite of Chaos Manipulation).

Cosmic Manipulation (the ability to control the cosmological forces that make the universe).

I mean what their exact function and mechanism is, is very dependent on the verse

I mean, some verses have average water Manipulation as durability negating non-physical interaction that can kill small universe depending on the situation. And who can forget High 1-B weather manipulation?

@Yobo Fire, water, electricity, causality, time, etc aren't things that will have varying descriptions across different fictions. "Cosmic energies" or "Demonic powers" don't nearly have such a consistent definition and what they exactly mean very much depends on the verse they come.

Anyway, as I explained, even Water Manipulation, supposedly one of the "powers with unchanged definitions throughout fiction" can change by a lot. So, uh, not really a good example.

Nature Manipulation can be covered by Elemental Manipulation.

I was the one that suggested Unholy/Infernal/Demonic Force Manipulation, as the opposite of Holy Manipulation, and that also cover Hellfire Manipulation.

I'm neutral with Order and Cosmic Manipulation, although we had a category for Order Users (I think it was deleted).

Also, 1-B Weather Manipulation sounds like Weather Manipulation that have an Omniverse range, otherwise it wouldn't qualify as such.

Yes, I'm sure people just interpreted it as Weather Manipulation when it should be other thing. Is like the type of powers that becomes so advanced that turn into another power (such advanced Spatial Manipulation becoming Boundary Manipulation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back