• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Hey Arnold
Fairly OddParents
Spongebob Squarepants
Legend of Korra
Danny Phantom
Jimmy Neutron
My Life As A Teenage Robot
Drake and Josh
iCarly

I just named 10 Nick shows better than Invader Zim.
This is an objectively insane list lmao, Hey Arnold is cleared by so many other options
Avatar the Last Airbender is Nickelodeon.

Adventure Time?
dgaf about them, best thing they did was make a quick reference in Futurama because Bender voices Jake
Massive L
My Hero Academia profile banner 🫵

Insanity that you guys have been discussing Nickelodeon classics and never once mentioned the best thing they ever made, Invader Zim.
How could i forget about it? Invader Zim is awesome

I want a jimmy neutron remake more than a fop remake but seeing how ass the fop remakes are makes me scared for a jn one
Jimmy Neutron entered on a "Danny Phantom state"

Basically: You are both right if you call it underrated or overrated

To be honest I almost have to respect the inclusion of Hey Arnold in with the others simply because all of the others are extremely safe choices. Saying Spongebob is the best is like saying Ocarina of Time is your favorite video game, obviously gonna have tons of support and it's essentially a free agree. Hey Arnold is damn interesting opinion.

To be honest I almost have to respect the inclusion of Hey Arnold in with the others simply because all of the others are extremely safe choices. Saying Spongebob is the best is like saying Ocarina of Time is your favorite video game, obviously gonna have tons of support and it's essentially a free agree. Hey Arnold is damn interesting opinion.
I'd rather stand on my opinion instead of being an NPC ass mf and say some shit like "oH wELl I tHInK aVAtAr'S ThE gREaTeST cArTOoN oF AlL tIMe!"

Another hot take: Avatar is not the greatest NIck show of all time, let alone the greatest cartoon of all time.

Hey Arnold and Jimmy Neutron are only like six years apart.
Mf only mentioned Hey Arnold and no other cartoon on the list smh
I mean like. I think you're wrong, obviously, but we could do that to and fro all night. You like the core stuff and I like the fringe stuff, is what it is.

Hey Arnold just stuck super far out compared to the others, which were mostly widely accepted as the best Nick content (maybe excluding Teenage Robot but that was just sort of boring rather than insane).

Follow up cartoon takes.... Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Courage the Cowardly Dog are pretty easy picks for top contenders in terms of children's animated shows.

I mean like. I think you're wrong, obviously, but we could do that to and fro all night. You like the core stuff and I like the fringe stuff, is what it is.

Hey Arnold just stuck super far out compared to the others, which were mostly widely accepted as the best Nick content (maybe excluding Teenage Robot but that was just sort of boring rather than insane).
Curious: What are your top 10 Nick shows?

Follow up cartoon takes.... Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Courage the Cowardly Dog are pretty easy picks for top contenders in terms of children's animated shows.
Courage yeah (I do love Courage, though), but I never really seen anyone call Foster's a top tier cartoon. Most people say it was good/great, but not one of their favorites.

Insane take.
Just noting that i actually like the mentioned shows, but think that some poeple overrate them

100% agree with that, it´s sad that Foster´s home didn´t get that "cult status" that Courage has

I honestly never heard anyone talk about this show online, so i never knew what is the general consensus about it

I still like more Courage and think it is a better show, though
I've never seen anyone say they hate Fosters. It's usually a well-respected show within the cartoon community, though some people who are huge fans of the show will argue it's underrated.

I've never seen anyone say they hate Fosters. It's usually a well-respected show within the cartoon community, though some people who are huge fans of the show will argue it's underrated.
I think that you can argue that it is underrated due to not being too much talked about, but overall it is well appreciated

Man... Everytime I hear about Nickelodeon I just can't forget about the devious(in a bad way) stuff that some of the show producers for it & the ceo had done
Butch Hartman, that one guy that created Loud House, Dan Schneider......

Curious: What are your top 10 Nick shows?
I don't have any set order except that Invader Zim is my favorite. Below that, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Fairly Odd Parents, Drake and Josh, Rugrats, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Cat dog, The Wild Thornberries, Jimmy Neutron, and uh... Ah Real Monsters was decent enough, to top it off.

It's been a long time since I watched a lot of kid shows (minus Zim), since I'm not really the target audience anymore. But sometimes I'll hang out with my very young baby brother and watch with him, when it isn't slop. Mostly just watch movies with the boys these days.

Courage is a ******* Cartoon Network show

Huh. Alright. I don't know my 10th, then.

Ngl I would not put Back at the Barnyard in my top 10 Nick shows.

I thought the artstyle/designs/animation was very unappealing, especially since these are anthropomorphic animals (how does the main character have an udder when he's male???).

The jokes were alright.

Well, there are multiple explanations, but would you rather he just had a bull dong just shwanging around?
Also this makes me think, do you think all "naked" characters are just hanging raw bratwurst in public and everyone around them's so desensitized by then that they don't even call it out anymore?
Like Mordecai, Rigby, Squidward, etc.

"Nah bro, you should watch Regular Show, it is peak"

The Peak in question:
regular-show-rigby.gif

Back