• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

1. Adventure Time
2. Regular Show
3. The Amazing World of Gumball
4. Ben 10
5. Chowder
6. Johnny Test
7. Teen Titans
8. Total Drama
9. Codename: Kids Next Door
10. Courage The Cowardly Dog
11. Ed, Edd, and Eddy
12. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
13. Johnny Bravo
14. Justice League
15. Justice League: Unlimited
16. The Looney Tunes Show
17. OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes!
18. The PowerPuff Girls
19. Samurai Jack
20. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Bro is so out of options that he needed to say "Justice League" two times

1. Adventure Time
Surprisingly never watched
2. Regular Show
Agreed
4. Ben 10
Which one?
5. Chowder
Okay ig
6. Johnny Test
No
7. Teen Titans
8. Total Drama
11. Ed, Edd, and Eddy
13. Johnny Bravo
Agreed

Simple peak

Never watched, but pretend to do so

18. The PowerPuff Girls
19. Samurai Jack
100% Agreed

1. Adventure Time
2. Regular Show
4. Ben 10
5. Chowder
6. Johnny Test
7. Teen Titans
8. Total Drama
11. Ed, Edd, and Eddy
13. Johnny Bravo
14. Justice League
15. Justice League: Unlimited
18. The PowerPuff Girls
19. Samurai Jack
Blud really thought he could just sneak those in there
Samurai Jack don't count to me because I more relate that to AS (unless we counting Yu Yu Hakusho)
but this just goes to show how stacked CN is. I'll be posting my response shortly.

Americans when they remember that Europe exists:

Europeans when an artist doesn't broaden his lyrics so that a very small demographic of his fans can understand and instead focus on the 350 million in their country:

No but seriously, imagine how quickly I'd get flamed if as an American I criticized an Indian artist because I didn't understand his work and said he needed to broaden his scope because he's mostly saying stuff which is known in his culture.

Europeans when an artist doesn't broaden his lyrics so that a very small demographic of his fans can understand and instead focus on the 350 million in their country:

No but seriously, imagine how quickly I'd get flamed if as an American I criticized an Indian artist because I didn't understand his work and said he needed to broaden his scope because he's mostly saying stuff which is known in his culture.
Flaming americans for everything is a objectivly healthy path through life

Blud really thought he could just sneak those in there
Samurai Jack don't count to me because I more relate that to AS (unless we counting Yu Yu Hakusho)
but this just goes to show how stacked CN is. I'll be posting my response shortly.
Samurai Jack was CN first though

1. B:TAS
2. Young Justice
3. Dexter
4. 6teen
5. Courage
6. Code Lyoko
7. Clone Wars
8. Megas XLR
9. Symbionic Peak
10. Generator Rex
11. Max Steel
12. 03' Ninja Turtles
13. Superman: TAS
14. Transformers
15. Tom & Jerry
16. Flapjack tbh
17. ThunderCats (not Roar)
18. Secret Saturdays
19. Infinity Train
20. G.I. Joe

1. B:TAS
2. Young Justice
3. Dexter
4. 6teen
5. Courage
6. Code Lyoko
7. Clone Wars
8. Megas XLR
9. Symbionic Peak
10. Generator Rex
11. Max Steel
12. 03' Ninja Turtles
14. Transformers
15. Tom & Jerry
16. Flapjack tbh
18. Secret Saturdays
19. Infinity Train
20. G.I. Joe
Are these the 20 cartoons that you think are better than JT?

Ngl some of these aren't even a reach, they are olympic level gymnastics.
Ngl it's just my preference at the end of day. And I would watch Johnny Test over any of those shows you mentioned, though there are some I feel are pretty big reaches.

Some of the shows you mentioned I think Johnny Test is just flat-out better than.

Ngl it's just my preference at the end of day. And I would watch Johnny Test over any of those shows you mentioned, though there are some I feel are pretty big reaches.

Some of the shows you mentioned I think Johnny Test is just flat-out better than.
Don't get it twisted, I think all of these shows are close enough to Johnny Test, to where I put them on the list. I'll straight up tell you that for like 50% of my picks I'm not even torn between JT and said show, JT wouldn't be my pick. But like only 2 of these picks would blow JT out of the water so I see your point.

Funny enough, Johnny Test is better than most terrible cartoons these days, even though I always enjoyed the show back in the days

Honestly fair. Like I said, it comes down to preference. I just enjoyed JT more.

2. Young Justice
Honestly nah. There are shows that do Young Justice better than Young Justice. YJ is still a solid ass show.

3. Dexter
Now this is a good comparison. Honestly, I just connected to the characters in Johnny Test a lot more than the characters in Dexter. Especially when it came to the main protagonists. Dexter is honestly one of the weaker shows in CN's "classic" era.

Nah. 6teen is definitely a relatable show, though Johnny Test himself is a very relatable character, so even in that regard, I can argue JT is better. 6teen is definitely underrated.

5. Courage
Love Courage, but it comes down to my personal preference. I personally, would turn on Johnny Test before I turn on Courage.

6. Code Lyoko
Code Lyoko is underrated asl, but I can't get over the designs of the characters. And tbh, the voice acting can be a little iffy at times. Johnny Test is just the funnier and more entertaining show for me. It scratches my itch perfectly.

7. Clone Wars
I don't know enough ball on Clone Wars to say anything, but I heard Clone Wars is fiye.

8. Megas XLR
Haven't watched it gonna be honest lol.

9. Symbionic Peak
I'm bout to piss mfs off.

I'd prefer to watch Johnny Test over Symbionic Ti-

10. Generator Rex
Underrated show (loved the crossover with Ben 10), but GR just isn't memorable enough for me to say I prefer, or even like it more than JT. I can't tell you 5 things that mf Rex did.

11. Max Steel
This is definitely a pretty big reach.

12. 03' Ninja Turtles
Lowkey prefer 2012 TMNT

Still a no from me. I don't connect with the Turtles like I do with the characters in JT.

Haven't watched this show in ages.

14. Transformers
Which one?

15. Tom & Jerry
Hear me out...

Some of the jokes in T&J just don't age well. I'm basically all by myself on this one, but if someone were to give me the option to watch Tom & Jerry or Johnny Test, I'm picking Johnny.

16. Flapjack tbh
This is the first one I heavily disagree with. Flapjack is honestly annoying asf with an unappealing artstyle.

If the people working on it didn't go on to create modern classics, no one would be praising the show nearly as much as it is today.

ThunderCats never appealed to me. Ever.

18. Secret Saturdays
Gonna have to disagree on this one. The show just isn't memorable enough for me to consider it being on the same level as JT (the mom was bad, though).

19. Infinity Train
I'm bout to piss mfs off-

20. G.I. Joe
I have no connection to G.I. Joe. Even when I was a kid, I was bored out of my mind watching.

Don't get it twisted, I think all of these shows are close enough to Johnny Test, to where I put them on the list. I'll straight up tell you that for like 50% of my picks I'm not even torn between JT and said show, JT wouldn't be my pick. But like only 2 of these picks would blow JT out of the water so I see your point.
Thanks for being unbiased.

Which cartoons there are these days? I dont remember any cartoon that came after 2020 and that wasnt a worst version of Family Guy or made by an Indie company
The shows on Nick and CN are ass now.

Just full of Spongebob, The Loud House, and TTG.

However, there are some CN shows that are coming soon that look interesting.

The only network that you can potentially make an argument for is Disney.

The Owl House and Amphibia get a lot of praise for the cartoon community, but I really only think that it gets praise because most cartoons are trash nowadays, and since they finally experienced a show that doesn't make them want to break their TV, they praise it.

Granted Owl House and Amphibia aren't that bad, but when you compare it to the cartoons that aired in the 90s and 2000s, they're getting shat on.

And yes. I think Johnny Test is better than both Owl House and Amphibia.

Mf watched a season 5-6 episode of Johnny Test and thought it applied to the whole show.
The-Weeknd-Save-Your-Tears-Plastic-Surgery-Look-Is-Prosthetics-Feature.png

It's probably good (or at least bearable) but I never watched it. I just like to mock it sometimes because it's funny to see Randomguy get defensive about the show
In all seriousness, if I were to recommend you 5 JT episodes, would you stop everything you're doing and actually sit down and watch them?

In all seriousness, if I were to recommend you 5 JT episodes, would you stop everything you're doing and actually sit down and watch them?
Brother there's a guy that's been asking me to watch Space Dandy for a year and a half and I've never gotten to it, solely because I just keep forgetting or have things get in the way of it.
If you recommend JT to me I'm probably not gonna watch it lol. That's just the brutal truth, and it's not because I hate the show, I'm just a lazy and dumb guy.

Brother there's a guy that's been asking me to watch Space Dandy for a year and a half and I've never gotten to it, solely because I just keep forgetting or have things get in the way of it.
If you recommend JT to me I'm probably not gonna watch it lol. That's just the brutal truth, and it's not because I hate the show, I'm just a lazy and dumb guy.
At least you're honest😭

Have you even heard of Velma
Oh yeah, i forgot this was a thing

or like TTG?
Teen Titans Go? If so, It came before 2020

The shows on Nick and CN are ass now.

Just full of Spongebob, The Loud House, and TTG.

However, there are some CN shows that are coming soon that look interesting.

The only network that you can potentially make an argument for is Disney.

The Owl House and Amphibia get a lot of praise for the cartoon community, but I really only think that it gets praise because most cartoons are trash nowadays, and since they finally experienced a show that doesn't make them want to break their TV, they praise it.

Granted Owl House and Amphibia aren't that bad, but when you compare it to the cartoons that aired in the 90s and 2000s, they're getting shat on.
Also forgot that they were a thing

And yes. I think Johnny Test is better than both Owl House and Amphibia.
Between Johnny Test and FOP, which one do you overrates more, is your favorite?

Honestly fair. Like I said, it comes down to preference. I just enjoyed JT more.

Honestly nah. There are shows that do Young Justice better than Young Justice. YJ is still a solid ass show.

Now this is a good comparison. Honestly, I just connected to the characters in Johnny Test a lot more than the characters in Dexter. Especially when it came to the main protagonists. Dexter is honestly one of the weaker shows in CN's "classic" era.

Nah. 6teen is definitely a relatable show, though Johnny Test himself is a very relatable character, so even in that regard, I can argue JT is better. 6teen is definitely underrated.

Love Courage, but it comes down to my personal preference. I personally, would turn on Johnny Test before I turn on Courage.

Code Lyoko is underrated asl, but I can't get over the designs of the characters. And tbh, the voice acting can be a little iffy at times. Johnny Test is just the funnier and more entertaining show for me. It scratches my itch perfectly.

I don't know enough ball on Clone Wars to say anything, but I heard Clone Wars is fiye.

Haven't watched it gonna be honest lol.

I'm bout to piss mfs off.

I'd prefer to watch Johnny Test over Symbionic Ti-

Underrated show (loved the crossover with Ben 10), but GR just isn't memorable enough for me to say I prefer, or even like it more than JT. I can't tell you 5 things that mf Rex did.

This is definitely a pretty big reach.

Lowkey prefer 2012 TMNT

Still a no from me. I don't connect with the Turtles like I do with the characters in JT.

Haven't watched this show in ages.

Which one?

Hear me out...

Some of the jokes in T&J just don't age well. I'm basically all by myself on this one, but if someone were to give me the option to watch Tom & Jerry or Johnny Test, I'm picking Johnny.

This is the first one I heavily disagree with. Flapjack is honestly annoying asf with an unappealing artstyle.

If the people working on it didn't go on to create modern classics, no one would be praising the show nearly as much as it is today.

ThunderCats never appealed to me. Ever.

Gonna have to disagree on this one. The show just isn't memorable enough for me to consider it being on the same level as JT (the mom was bad, though).

I'm bout to piss mfs off-

I have no connection to G.I. Joe. Even when I was a kid, I was bored out of my mind watching.

1. JT over B:TAS is not ballin'
2. YJ slander will not be tolerated
3. Fair ig, I lean Dex
4. Once again fair but getting home from school to chill and watch a show that I didn't have to be fully paying attention to while still feeling every emotion was peak
5. Honestly? Same. I think Courage is better but JT is more enjoyable. My brother would kill you though.
6. True, Code Lyoko is an experience tho and that's why I picked it
9. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! (Me and the 3 other fans in existence are storming your door effective immediately.)
10. Same lmao
11. It definitely is. I'll offer Over The Garden Wall instead. If you haven't, I beg you to watch it. It is in my opinion just as good as Adventure Time, just condensed into a short story.
12. Yeah, I agree. Worth a shot though.
14. Collectively.
15. Agree to disagree.
16. Ok yeah reach but I genuinely don't even know what you are referring to. I genuinely just like Flapjack more.
17. Ya caught me.
18. SS Slander will not be tolerated. Unless it's the other SS. Then idc.
19. Damn
20. I needed a 20th lmaooooooo

Last edited:
14. Collectively.
Collectively?

Then absolutely not lol.

2. YJ slander will not be tolerated
I will defend YJ to an extent, but let's be honest here. You're telling me you're watching Young Justice over Teen Titans?

11. It definitely is. I'll offer Over The Garden Wall instead. If you haven't, I beg you to watch it. It is in my opinion just as good as Adventure Time, just condensed into a short story.
Eh...

I'm one of those people that think AT is overrated. It gets boring asf halfway through when they start lore dumping, and some of the characters are annoying asf and get on my nerves.

Over The Garden Wall was one of the shows on my watch list, though.

16. Ok yeah reach but I genuinely don't even know what you are referring to. I genuinely just like Flapjack more.
I was referring to the fact the people who worked on Flapjack went on to create what many people consider to be modern classics (Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Adventure Time, etc.).

I'm one of those who don't like Flapjack and think it's overrated asf.

18. SS Slander will not be tolerated. Unless it's the other SS. Then idc.
Nah SS is cool, but I would not put it on the same level as JT.

Back