• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Post-Crisis Superman to Tier 4-A: Multi-Solar System level

Status
Not open for further replies.
1943050-1724819 1333492 supesgeddon48fq super
Post-Crisis Superman stopped the Mageddon Warhead which was going to destroy half the Galaxy, I may not be a science expert here, but I'm pretty sure half a Galaxy is made out of multiple of Solar Systems, and not just one Solar System.

I'm pretty sure that preventing a warhead from exploding doesn't give you a tier. Its not like it exploded and Supes tanked it or blew the explosion away using his own power.

Remember that with characters like Superman the issue is consistency rather than finding feats. Superman has a few 1-A outliers, after all. I have heard of other 4-A feats for people like this, but I'm not really a comic expert, so I'll just be following this for now.

However, I don't think this feat is gonna cut it. He says he disarmed this bomb. That doesn't scale to AP, and the implication is that it'd have killed him. If someone was to defuse a nuke, would they be tier 7?

This would be a 3-C feat actually. Too bad it's an outlier. You'd need a crap ton of 4-A feats for an upgrade like this to go through, simply due to how inconsistent Marvel and DC are.

Destroying half a galaxy is 4-A. We use the milky way as baseline Galaxy, even though it's huge compared to most.

Superman is already extraordinary genius.

In any case, you can't get a tier for disarming a missile.

With the right know-how, I might disarm a nuke seconds before detonation too. Doesn't make me 7-C.

TacticalNuke002 said:
I'm pretty sure that preventing a warhead from exploding doesn't give you a tier. Its not like it exploded and Supes tanked it or blew the explosion away using his own power.
If memory survives he also endures enough Anti Sunlight to wipe out half the galaxy

It was stated he could absorb anti-sunlight though, which would amp his durability.

I mean I'm not too sure of that. It's sunlight and solar radiation that empowers Clark and I'm unsure of Anti-Sunlight qualifying for that

Not this again.

Superman absorbed all the Anti-Sunlight out of the damn thing, and it was like poison for him. Saying he tanked half a galaxy exploding on him because he absorbed Mageddon's energy is like saying I can survive the Tsar Bomba exploding on me if I ate its Uranium core.

The collision of New Genesis and Apokolips was calc'd at 1 kiloFOE by NarutoForums, it's in Supes' profile itself.

Supertown doesn't even seem to dwarf the clouds.

John, you made the exact same thread like this a year ago IIRC, and Matt debunked it.

About the collision of Apokolips and New Genesis, IIRC the only way to travel there is through a boomtube and it adjusts his size according to that world. Which means he survived two regular-sized planets colliding.

Yes, it would be like that, but in Apokolips, he'd be larger than most ordinary people on Earth. He literally saw Earth as somewhat smaller than a baseball. And NF took that into account.

BTW, that calc was a lowball, with Endless Mike pointing out that the collision was far more energetic than what he calc'd.

Endless Mike also told me he messed up on his Mageddon-pushing calc, and that the actual value would enter 300 kiloFoe because he took the speed in m/s instead of the correct km/s.

It's in Supes' profile.

He was Large Star level for the Mageddon feat, but the correct speed value was in km/s, and because of that, he'd generate upto 300 kiloFOE. It now only qualifies as a supporting feat, because Supes is Solar System level anyway for scaling to Flash's IMP, which now tops out at 616 kiloFOE after much discussion.

I think we need to redo the Mageddon feat.

> Saying he tanked half a galaxy exploding on him because he absorbed Mageddon's energy is like saying I can survive the Tsar Bomba exploding on me if I ate its Uranium core.

Except it isn't. Superman outright says that he can absorb sunlight so why not anti-sunlight then absorbs the anti-sunlight. It's also shown in places like Countdown Arena that Superman can absorb and be amped by other forms of energy, it's just that most don't learn to tap into their full potential

The Mageddon calc seems flawed considering the "sun" is comparable to Earth. EDIT: Should mention that it's still pretty big though.

The Mageddon feat requires context here.

Firstly, I'd like to show how this is purely inconsistent,Every being was turned into beings with Superman level Powers, Yet, Mageddon kills thousands of them with no effort.

Superman was only capable of defeating him after he dived in and absorbed all the anti sun light within him. As show here.

The New Genesis and Apokolips crashing feat is the same story where Superman was fighting Soulfire Darkseid, who had the power of every new god. His power in that story is extremely Inconsistent and the death of the new gods has been already discussed to being noncanon.

The Void Hound explosion was already debunked lol, the blast superman tanked from it was explictly planet level.

And Mageddon should stay atleast star level.

"Once activated, it cannot be stopped. It brings war and ruin. It's creeping taint first surfaces in those with a predisposition towards evil. Then, as it comes closer, all the soldiers of chaos beset the forces of order. Finally the Mageddon warhead manifests in the heavens. Brother murders brother... Stars die."

[http://[1] "The hosts are gathering before the presence to plan the architecture of a new universe, should this one fall to the warbringer."]

[http://[2] "This could be the highest level threat we've ever had to face."]

[http://[3] "All our lives dedicated to this moment... Pledged to protect the universe from annihilation..."]

[4] Aztek, who had nearly limitless 4 dimensional energy within him, ] kamikazed in front of [http://Mageddon, which The Mageddon proceeded to tank. The Mageddon was also described as being capable of killing every God in every Heaven. And This would easily also Include the Normal DC Heaven which was portrayed as being above Space time in JLA. (Also Orion couldn't even dent it)

The Sun doesn't amp him to 4-A levels of strength tho, as Supes consistently gets 4-B feats and usually struggles with them. And Anti-Sunlight was poisoning him to the point where he almost killed himself. Right now, Supes' best strength feat is 616 kiloFOE via scaling from Flash.

The sun being comparable to Earth is artistic liberty, methinks, as later issues show the Sun being clearly larger than Earth.

I wasn't supporting the feat, I was just showing context as to how this wouldn't scale to base supes. This wouldn't scale to supes in any way regardless as its a pure outlier

also ugh why does this keep happening to my links

atleast you can still see the scans

Yes, I can see the scans. My comment took some time to type, so sorry about that.

Wouldn't matter as Supes still has his IMP going for him so yeah, there's that.

No one suggested a downgrade though, just issues with current calcs

Well, the only problem I see is the New Genesis and Apokolips collision calc, and the Mageddon calc. Otherwise, the rest of his feats are legit.

I wonder why he wasn't mentioned to be capable of using and tanking his own IMP.

Can we then remove the feats of Superman in his profile? these feats specficially

Him surviving the destruction of new genesis and apokolips, tanking the void hound. Both of those feats do require context and are generally Inconsistent if they were already taken at face value.

someone tell ant to unlock the profile lul

We'll need a recalc of the Mageddon feats first, but Superman would still have Stellar lifting strength for pushing out a compressed Solar System.

And Superman pushing out the Solar System also didn't take the relativity into account, making me think Supes might actually get a decent upgrade.

I don't remember the Void Hound being debunked as Planet Level (Solar System but not planet)

Also I do recommend removing the New Genesis feat ergo or rules on the canonicity of Death of the New Gods.

It only knocked him out, otherwise, he was mostly fine, as Hal notes. He also fought against Green Lantern and the Flash, who tank the IMP regularly.

The IMP actually varies from the amount of power flash is putting into it, it can even be moon level depending on the circumstances. I doubt flash would go full power against his justice league buddies.

I feel that IMP is more a one off, the guy as mentioned above trades blow with beings able to tank a Mass Punch and the Flash/Reverse Flash who can pull one off.

Hellbeast1 said:
I don't remember the Void Hound being debunked as Planet Level (Solar System but not planet)
Also I do recommend removing the New Genesis feat ergo or rules on the canonicity of Death of the New Gods.
Because the Blast Supes tanked was different than the one which destroyed 10 solar systems, as far as I remember.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Superman os staying at Solar System level.
BTW, there's a guy on your IMP calc suggesting some corrections. Think you could check that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back