• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versatility and Hax Tiering Attempts

What are your thoughts on how common/countered a hax/ability is? More so about how countered an ability is rather than how popular it is... I was thinking it could be an interesting way to look at it.

At the bottom, we would have elementalism at lower tiers and existence erasure at higher tiers. Very common powers with their conventional forms having boat loads of counters in many different forms, such as various Regenerationn levels, immortalities or even just non-existence physiology as ways to counter basic existence erasure.

Then as you go up, the powers, whether offensive or defensive, become less frequently countered, both because it's harder to think of a direct or indirect resistance to it and also because the power is so unique and unusual, it's unlikely that a character from a completely different setting has a counter to it... Ex: Junko's purification and Oryx's taking are examples of potentially very specific and unique hax that unrelated characters usually don't resist.

The "omnipotence" tier of this would have to describe a power that's so exotic that its effects are described as being 'apparent' rather than the actual power itself, in which the actual power beyond its observable effects is left as an incomprehensible cause through lovecraft levels of vagueness.

reality - fiction interaction, its the ultimate hax but only the author of a story can have it, reply to me if your interested in this "hax"

Isn't that author authority? At least in the context of "characters". It's less an ability and more a state of being that places someone in either high up in a hierachy, or lets them transcend it... Kinda like being higher dimensional.

But I want to think of hax being used in the context that a character is fighting another character on the same level of existence as it, because that's where we can think of hax in terms of mechanics, rather than in terms of potency.

Otherwise, you're referring to the peak of reality warping? I will admit that there isn't much of a counter to reality warping other than transcending the level of reality it operates on, having your own reality warping or just being arbitrarily resistant to it through magical means.

I just looked at Reinhard and my panties dropped. And I'm not even wearing panties

then maybe you need to drop dem standards

Back