• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakuya vs Bayonetta should be removed now that Bayo's time stop is removed considering the revision. It was the core reason to why she won but without it she can't pull off her combo.

Mega vs Bayonetta too.

Well, most of her matches that she won via Witch time

It makes a vast difference considering the logical result of realizing you're being slowed down to a stop is to stop time, which is far superior to a time slow no matter what.

Which neither of them would be able to do considering they dont have resistance to time manip and wouldnt be able to do so before they get killed

Yes, let's assume that Bayonetta is just gonna act completely perfectly and oneshot the enemy when her weakness says she's overconfident and sadistic. While completely disregarding the fact that Sakuya is a perfectionist and that the match was a "Kill the enemy or be killed", and how the logical thing to do would be to stop time and kill the enemy immediately with time erasure.

I'm going to sleep.

Even Rep says time stop =/= time slow. It's not the same

Considering its in character for her to do so and her overconfidence and sadism doesnt at all get in the way of her killing things to the fullest efficiency, yes, that is what should be assumed

Yeah no. As repeatedly (very repeatedly,by like everyone) mentioned timeslow is trashtier time manip to timestop.

This is a massive nerf in a battle of time manipulators and as such are outdated and inaccurate.

Not really considering she slows time to a near stop

Hell rep even said that the change from time slow to time stop would make no difference in megaman vs bayo

>near stop

Not true. That is only from your level of perspective. There is no such thing as a near stop, because it either stops or it doesn't.

A timeslow time manip is quite literally infinitely weaker than a timestoppers time manip.

I saw someone in the WT thread compare it to having a char who is mftl+ to a infinite speed char. That is a accurate comparison. as no matter how fast the mftl char is (or how slow the timeslow is) they will never be able to close the gap between infinite speed (or timestop in this case) no matter what finite value you apply to the timeslow.

When neither time stopper has a resistance to time manip it doesnt matter because the result will be the same

^ Only if we asume that sakuya or megaman won´t stop the time first,and time stop--> time slow

So sorry resistance is not immunity,drop it

Thank you Aizen.

How about the fact that I constantly repeat, using time acceleration on yourself to counter time slowing on the enemy?

Or how about the fact that you assume the fact that Sakuya doesn't time stop initially when about a huge chunk of her abilities involve time stop? Or the fact that you based "She doesn't lead with time erasure" on a fight that involves killing?

It's like being given the chance to nuke someone "Oh you're going to kill each other to death" and not being able to use it, when the fact of the matter is that the reason it was never used is because of in-game rules that prevent killing on the first place, when Sakuya spams it to erase objects anyway.

Well, I can't say the same for Megaman since I don't know him as well but even I think he could pull off the win.

I'm just waiting for more members to prove that it's unfair to keep the threads of those two up. Or even some fights. Kazuma and Aizen are already in agreement.

I agree with Aizen and Core, Bayo wins should be cleared due to WT changes as that was the main reasons for the wins

Yomi Schwarz said:
Well since witch time was revised,i think a rematch is in order or something.
This seems quite reasonable. Certainly previous matchs should be removed.

Makes a big difference specifically on Mega and Sayo threads. They noted on the other thread you could slow time to an infinite degree and it still wouldn't be stopped. Threads were under the impression bayo could match that.

I was the one who said that, so I know. However, it makes no difference because Bayo's time-slow slows time so much you can barely see people move. I've calc'ed that degree of time-slow before, and you need to slow time down at least 1200 times to match that.

It makes no difference because "Bayo time-slows + immediately uses bazillions or BFRs" is still true.

This isn't time stop though reguardless of how much it's slows which the other characters can easily do. Mega has atleast 3+ time stop abilities and Sayo has stop and more versatile Time Manip. This should be reassessed.

There's Zero difference with Sakuya vs Bayo in any way.

Sakuya doesn't lead with time Stop or Erasure as I debunked on that thread with the help of Fate.

Bayo wins no matter how you slice it.

How about the idea of making a knife who moves way below Mach value to reaching Speed of Light? That's close to 3*10^8 level right there. Pretty superior in comparison.

You can be as fast as you want but you're not gonna reach time stop

Also now Bayonetta doesn't even get the benefit of "resistance to time stop" so that's an issue for her against actual time stoppers.

Gargoyle I already debunked the case so many times.

It's logical to not use a freaking kill move in a fight when there's no killing allowed.

Not to mention about 95% of her spells are based on time stopping if not all

And the fact that you only based your argument on leading with time erasure on Fate, when there are also other Touhou knowledgeable people.

Either way Sakuya's not a special case. Her wins against time stoppers or more should be considered. That's my point

I said the exact same thing, I already know that it isn't a time-stop. But my point still stands.

Uh, yeah, she does. Light Speed.

@Gar That was when bayo used time stop and saku had time stop. Now its time stop v slow. It was decided based on that thread she doesnt lead with time erasure and time stop is different from erasure as stated on that thread.

And my point is that when the entire gimmick of a character is repeatedly time stoping to set up attack, about like 95% of them, it's UNLIKELY that she does not time stop.

Light speed?

Edit @Zensum - I don't see why people get the assumption that Sakuya doesn't lead with timestop.

Fiction in a nutshell Core, 90% of fictional characters don't go all out from the start even when there's no need not too:

Beast doesn't always lead with Black Hole.

Dante doesn't always lead with time Stop

Nor do most Castlevania characters.

"This person isn't restricted so they'll use their best stuff immediately despite not knowing the other character is a threat" is incredibly flawed and in Fate's words, a spell card excuse.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/801793?useskin=oasis

@Zensum.

From one guy's word.

@Gargoyle

Yes unless your character is a perfectionist...

Well either way, it doesn't freaking stop the idea that a "time stop" cancels a "time slow" and is the logical reaction to using when you realize you're caught in an ability.

Which is also why I find it questionable that she always leads with witch time when a pal says otherwise.

It's from an old statement from FateAlbane. No offense to Fate but no information is static. Just because a statement is said once doesn't mean it's absolute till the end of time. I honestly never even thought of Fate as a big Touhou fan aside from making matches. And that match was doomed to fail so whether or not she went all out was irrelevant.

You're literally turning a friendly fight into a death match.

It's common sense to actually aim to kill your opponent. Especially now that Sakuya has the advantage of keep away and time stops to use the moment Bayonetta closed in.

Nvm on Fate not knowing Touhou, read part of Fate's statement. But either way spellcard excuse not working is also flimsy itself. And Fate said "Time erasure" not time stop. That was the only way to win against Bayonetta when she had TIME STOP. Now.... time stop will suffice,

@CoB It is instinctual for Bayo to lead with Witch Time, and if the opponent doesnt have a resistance to time manip and gets slowed to a near stop, theyre not going to get the chance to realze theyve been time slowed in order to use their time stop before Bayo takes them out

Let's wait for more people to hear what they say considering you two are the only ones thinking time stop == High level time slow. Even Kep agrees on it being different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back