• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus threads of Tier 1's and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Note: This is for staff members only. If you ever make a comment here and your not a member of the staff, it will be deleted right away.

Okay so it has come to my attention that there a couple battles(at least two i noticed) that had a tier 1-A taking on another tier 1-A. From my experience on observing these fights, characters that are of Tier 1-A and above don't go anywhere.....like at all. Especially since i'm seeing this kind of stuff today right now.

Simply put, i think should we make a new rule regarding this and ban these kinds of fights. Thoughts? Comments?

Agreed. For Tier 1 characters, the fights are either automatic wins (Since being of a higher dimension would make you beat the opponent as easily as you can erase a drawing on a piece of paper) or completely inconclusive matches due to us being completely unable to determine a victor.

I actually think tier 1 fights where the characters are both on equal planes of existence are still interesting. For instance, two 6-D characters vs each other or two 26-D characters vs each other (and so on). That way, we can actually analyze their abilities and who we think the victor should be. However, yeah, a 12-D character vs a 26-D one is pointless, it's incredibly hard to accurately determine most 1-A vs 1-A fights, and nearly impossible for High 1-A vs High 1-A fights.

Well, while I personally dislike 1-A fights (partially because they are often stomp or inconclusive), I don't think they really do any harm, or do they?

As long as they don't do harm I don't think we should ban them, they can simply be ignored after all...

The problem is that it's mainly towards tier 1's(or more specifically, High 1-A's). If anything, we could make a ban towards against just the 1-A's and above though. But hmm....

Well, I agree with DontTalk that while they do not personally interest me, they also do not do any harm. We should probably not ban threads that do not constitute a problem, since people will eventually stop having fun around here.

Alright then. I sstill think it's kind of dumb unless there is ways we can make tier 1 fights interesting....

Well, dumb is not the same thing as harmful.

I would disagree. Sure, they usually don't go anywhere and are practically pointless, but I don't think banning them is really necessary. Too many restrictions, even if minor, makes things lose their entertainment value.

I agree with Sheoth. We already have lots of (necessary) regulations. If we start to add unnecessary regulations, people will think that we impose them out of spite, and stop having fun.

Sheoth said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
And i just said, "Fine, we'll just see how things go on this".
Just thought I would say something anyway
I know. Okay so from the top: Seeing that banning even the 1-A battles could possibly make things less fun(even if it;s just that), i guess we can take out the possible ban rule and leave things as they are....for now....

And reason why i added "for now" at the end is in case a bunch enough people starts to complain about it.

Yup....just in case....

Well alright. The issue for this is now done. Should this be ever get sent up again, however.....well you know when to comment.

Anyways i guess i can close then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back