• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Was it agreed to scale Pit's combat speed to his flight speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
I know it was already discussed here before the thread got closed before I could input/eleborate, but there were a couple things I wanted to bring up. We already know Pit's flight speed is Massively FTL+ via this, and the fact that Pyrrhon's flight speed is too via pushing Aurum ship to the edge of the galaxy. But in the first link, I do notice Pit can dodge projectiles while flying at said speeds as well as his attacks, which some enemies have dodged before, traveled faster than he did. Additionally, there was also a link to this on that previous thread; although, not quite proof of MFTL+ but dodging multiple lasers while flying through space is still at least an FTL feat. Lastly, is the confrontation of Hades. Hades flew at speeds much faster than Pit's flight granted by Palutena or Viridi were capable of, and the Great Sacred Treasure's pursuit mode was able to keep up; back up by the background resembling warp speed velocity; not saying infinite speed, but definitely well in the MFTL+ department. And the same fight features Pit dodging multiple projectiles and perceiving them in slow motion; even dodging a motion less projectile at while traveling forward at MFTL+ speed is not much different than a stationary/non travelling character dodging a MFTL+ projectile.

This would also scale to Palutena who not only fought Pit at one point, but is also the one guiding Pit's flight. But anyway, regular non-flight movement speed can remain MHS+, but flight speed and combat speed both seem to pretty consistently portray at MFTL+ speed.

I agree too, since Palutena doesn't make him dodge if I remember correctly, Pit is the one dodging.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. Now we just have to wait for Dino Ranger Black as well.

I think Dark649 also seemed knowledgable on the verse, so I could ask his input?

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the verse but I have watched Lets Plays about the entire game.

In this case, Pit is technically not the one doing the steering, since Aerial Battle controls are done by Palutena or Viridi since Pit can't fly himself.

That said, Pit fights Palutena at one point in the game, and later fights Hades while piloting the Great Sacred Treasure, which is astronomically faster than the Power of Flight.

I can see this upgrade happening, but I'd like to hear more input first.

I believe the combat speed is plausible. While Palutena is doing the guiding, Pit is the one doing the dodging. Plus, he is able to react to the same monsters and bosses on the ground section that gave him chase in the flying sections and he did face off against the Great Sacred Treasure, which is a significant upgrade of the Three Saced Treasures.

Okay. I suppose that an upgrade seems to be in order then. Would you be willing to handle it DRB?

Well, the format's a little off, but I could fix that. We don't put the phrase Combat speed in bold, and since both combat speed and flight speed are both the same rating, I don't think it needs to be listed twice per key.

It's alright; that's understandable. I fixed them, so those two profiles could be closed if needed.

It does not seem necessary to lock the profiles again in this case.

Anyway, is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back