• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Well boys, it's over- Doomsday Clock has finally ended.

Further reinforces that Superman is at the center of DC.

"Every time there is a change in the Metaverse, the Multiverse grows. To preserve every era of Superman."

"No matter how many times Superman's existence is attacked, he will survive. Even if change is a constant."

Also a cool nod to Marvel. They state that in 2030, the "Secret Crisis" will have Superman and Thor fighting and a "green behemoth stronger than Doomsday" dies sacrificing his life for Superman.

Would this plot shielding work for Superman out-of-verse or only within DC? Wouldn't this be type 9 immortality?

Also, IDK if true, but according to OBD reactions Byrne Superman is now separate?

Yes, Manhattan restored Post-Crisis history for Prime Earth and at the same time the COIE and New 52 are now separate Earths.

We'll have to discuss whether or not certain Post-Crisis Characters merged with their New 52 counterparts.

... When was it implied that they merged? If anything, it's the opposite, given we see the New 52 and Post-Crisis universes being new Earths that aren't Prime Earth.

TysonHurricane said:
FanofRPGs said:
Would this plot shielding work for Superman out-of-verse or only within DC? Wouldn't this be type 9 immortality?
It seems to fall somewhere between Type 8 and Type 9.
And wouldn't this apply to absolutely all Supermen profiles?

Do we consider it an ability if New 52 Superman dies in one universe but continues on in another universe? Isn't that just alternate timeline stuff?

Doctor Manhattan showcased Life Manipulation, Power Bestowal, and possibly Existence Erasure since he somehow got rid of all nukes in his world.

@Ion didn't the Post Crisis Superman come back and that's why Rebirth is where it is?

The opage mentioned somewhere they merrged

Their histories merged together, yes, but the other eras are still represented in other universes.

So did Manhattan undo a bunch of the New 52 events on Prime Earth? If moving the Lantern caused the New 52, then putting it back must have reversed a bunch of stuff.

The Justice Society and the Legion are back. Clark's time as Super-boy is back. His parents are alive. I would assume most things are back to New Earth state-ish.

Mostly, but Superman's past as Superboy and Wonder Woman's much earlier debut are different from that continuity.

Yea so the new52 is now earth-52 and PC is now earth-1985. earth-0 is now a perfect fusion of both, our profiles are like this anyways so not much to change in that regard.

Nah Convergence was hypertime based and using that to reach older iterations of the multiverse, this doesn't retcon that concept. DClock just shows us that the metaverse additionally "saves" older iterations of continuity as well.

Yeah, Prime Wonder Woman should still be the daughter of Zeus.

Not sure about the other Super-boy and Legion stuff.

Has the arcs connected to Superman in the Phantom Zone and the World Forget/Perpetua been concluded?

FanofRPGs said:
And wouldn't this apply to absolutely all Supermen profiles?
If I understand it correctly, no. It seems like it only applies to versions of Superman that have been canon. When Barry Allen introduces the Speed Force and changes the Metaverse, it split itself in order to preserve the original Superman. After Crisis on Infinite Earths, it splits to preserve Pre-Crisis etc.

Hellbeast1 said:
@Ion didn't the Post Crisis Superman come back and that's why Rebirth is where it is?

The opage mentioned somewhere they merrged
I mean, yes, but Post-Crisis Supes merged with New 52 all the way back to Superman Reborn.

Maybe we should wait till the current JLA arc is done, but I'm thinking we can start Superman revamps for the pages to modernize and clean then up thanks to there being no major arc going on

Antvasima said:
What do we need to change?
There were those speed things I questioned

Also Byrne Era Superman potentially can be changed or have his own separate key, I will explain later

Mostly my plans are to:

-Review the consistency of feats for each sub-era of Post Crisis separately instead of all under one big tent

-Review the speed feats of JLA characters

-Review the consistency of their stated resistances

-See what keys make most sense for them

Currently I think it should go:

Byrne Era/Pre-DaRoS (1986-1992) | Pre-OWaW (1992-2001) | Pre-Infinite Crisis/Birthright (2001-2006) | Post Infinite Crisis (2006-2011)

I've been analyzing 1986-1992, but by far the most important will be 1992-2001 as most of his more obscure and wanked outliers and cosmic feats come from here. 2005-2011 will be plain annoying to go through but it will have Superman's most infamous feats we all know and love.

If I understand it correctly, no. It seems like it only applies to versions of Superman that have been canon. When Barry Allen introduces the Speed Force and changes the Metaverse, it split itself in order to preserve the original Superman. After Crisis on Infinite Earths, it splits to preserve Pre-Crisis etc.

Honestly this gets me excited, because it means we can potentially see stories of the Golden Age and Silver Age era heroes once again in the modern light this time around. Does this also technically mean Earth 2 Supes isn't dead anymore?

Back