• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What do you think are the most highballed/lowballed verses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which verses do you think get too much credit, and which ones do you think is underestimated way too much. For me...

HIGHBALLED

-Dragonball Verse - Obvious reasons

-Batman - Just...... Batman.........He's CLEARLY Tier 4 because he bit Superman in that one animated movie right!? RIGHT!? XD

-Zelda - EVERYTHING IS POWER SCALED TO RANDOM CRAP! (I'm aware it's in progress of getting a downgrade so I won't whine about it too much,)

-One Punch Man - SAITAMA CAN NOT BEAT ANYONE IN ONE PUNCH AAAAAAGH!!!!

LOWBALLED

-Any verses related to children's cartoons. - Some cartoon characters are freaking powerhouses.

-Tekken - This verse has lots of potential, but even if something is barely non-canon it's hissed at even though it's casually accepted for plenty other verses. (I know more wrongs don't make a right yadda yadda, but it keeps happening anyways.)

-Also One Punch Man - WELL JUST BECAUSE HE CAN'T BEAT EVERYONE IN ONE PUNCH DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T PLANET LEVEL! GEEZ!

Really? Well there is that mosquito gag feat or the fact that not all the times does he create a big explosion, but to use such a thing would be absurd, like massive downplay absurd

SomebodyData said:
Really? Well there is that mosquito gag feat or the fact that not all the times does he create a big explosion, but to use such a thing would be absurd, like massive downplay absurd
That's exactly one of the reasons! XD I've literally had more than one person say he wasn't even faster than sound because he couldn't catch a mosquito.

Anyways, going back to the topic, I have a few verses too (I'll try to be original)

Wanked-

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica, (Suprisely I've seen some wank in my favorite verse that has just made me sad)

-VSBattle Members (On JBW) lol

Downplayed-

-Metroid (Most ppl think shes City level at peak sadly)

-Madoka Goddess Tiers (Mainly by one member)

Wanked

-NarutoVerse(Kaguya Universe Buster, Faster than Instant Naruto because he surpasses Minato, Genjutsu=KO, TSB etc)

-OPM (Saitama being more than Planet level without any feats, breaks his limiter so he is limitless, Never took damage so he can't be damage, Infinite stanima etc..)

-Superman (We all know who cause that)

Downplayed

-DBZ and DBS (Goku being less than Planet level even when he has Universe level-Multi-Galaxy feat and defeated Star busters and compareable to and above Solar system Busters, DBZ not being FTL, Powerscaing=BS only to downplay etc)

-Bleach (Mach 29)

-Saint Seiya (There attacks don't have a big range but it is powerful but people downplay the verse because of that)

SomebodyData said:
Lol, I have never seen anyone lowball OPM tho
There was a guy a while ago who said Boros was City Block level. Not kidding.

Anyway...

Wanked

-Marvel and DC. I love both these, but the wank I've seen for some characters is absolutely ridiculous. Tribunal supposedly soloing anime, comes to mind.

-Dragon Ball GT. Not even Z. Just GT. Tons of people think SSJ4 is one of the strongest characters in anime (despite this being like the only one they've seen lol).

-Madoka Magica (Only by SS) Kidding, just taking the piss. The real answer is TTGL. That show is still one of my all time favorites, but the number of people who think Simon is "omnipotent" due to Spiral Power being "infinite" is ridiculous.

Downplayed

-Warhammer 40k. I'm seen a disturbing number of people say that Primarchs are multi-mountain level at best, the Emperor tops at planet level, and the Chaos Gods are galactic "via hype". Meanwhile, in the actual canon, any no-name Marine can carry around a gun which fires supercharged matter as powerful and hot as a solar flare (i.e. Continent level), C'tan shards can rip open black holes which devour multiple solar systems, and the Chaos Gods are 8-12D.

-The Cthulhu Mythos. This one is mainly due to a massive lack of knowledge on it. There are tons of people who think anyone with the IG can take the mythos, while in actuality, no-name Outer Gods literally blink away most wanked verses. lol

-Pokemon. Country level Arceus. There are no words.

Hm. Seems like all the verses that are usually wanked/downplayed in my experience have already been addressed. Guess I should just stick to quotes:

1. Bleach: Multi-Universe level Ywhach and Soul King. Omnipotent Ywhach.
Ben 10: "Alien X is omnipotent. Author's statement greater than your opinion."

Naruto: Universe Level Kaguya. Infinite Strength Naruto.

OPM: "Saitama's punch has half the power of a big bang".

Medaka box: "TOAA is the only person who can match Najimu."

Pokemon: Mewtwo is the strongest Pokemon, "Even stronger than the Pokemon of Time and Space."

Earthbound: "Gigyas solos all of Pokemon no sweat."

DC: Cosmic Armoured Superman "Solos all of fiction." "Superman's power is infinite."

Demonbane: "Elder God Demonbane is greater than omnipotent."

Mythology: "The gods in Mythology are ridiculously overpowered compared to that in fiction. Pretty sure Chultho Mythos doesn't count." Nor does I/O, Umineko or Demonbane apparently.

Downplayed:

1. OPM: Multi-City Block level Boros.
Mo HST character is Hypersonic.

Naruto and Sasuke are Small Country level at best.

Pokemon: "Arceus was taken out by a meteor. You need to understand he's Continental." "Palkia and Dialga were sent flying by Darkrai. Mewtwo may have a chance." The Creation Trio are "At Least Moon level+ via powerscaling."

Hmm. This thread may be too controversial to keep open. It risks to cause lots of serious conflicts between users, especially if they start to criticise lots of our rankings at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back